- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronic Bottom Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 80 W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Hotcig is one of my favorite Chinese brands. Just like HCigar, this former clone specialist has long developed beautiful and original products of very good quality.
Today, it is with the help of the moderator American Rig Mod that the manufacturer makes a beautiful entry on the market of the bottom feeder, around a battery 18650.
The RSQ 80 offers a box with a neat aesthetic, compact and able to reach the 80W through the chipset home. A reservoir bottle of 7ml will ensure the feeding of your dripper.
To offer you this new creation, the price to be paid seems reasonable: 70 euros. If the work is as clean as usual, we are not immune to a very good surprise.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 25
- Product Length or Height in mm: 79
- Product weight in grams: 154
- Material composing the product: Zinc alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Rig Mod shows us a nice design, the RSQ is very attractive. Compact, it adopts a rather classic general shape with the inevitable parallelepiped rectangle. It is quickly realized that the faces are not flat, they adopt a soft curvature for a grip of the most enjoyable.
Built in zinc alloy, only the front panel stands out with its hood dressed in carbon. There is also a window of rectangular shape but with rounded corners.
On one of the slices, we see a small oled screen, the bar [+/-] plastic rounded rectangular shape and switch, round too, culminating a little above the overall level of the rest. On the other hand, they are perfectly adjusted.
On the opposite side, we find the logo of the American moderator, a kind of electric pylon underlined with a double W.
The back side is marked with the RSQ logo which is simply stamped. In the lower corner, there is also a micro USB port.
When we remove the removable side, we discover a clean and neat interior. A soft plastic bottle of 7ml and an 18650 battery compartment that may be missing the small fabric tab for easy removal.
I find it really not bad at all. A good quality of manufacture, a design that smells of the world of motorsport. You get what you pay for, at least that's the impression that emerges from this nice physique. Only its weight may seem a bit high given the size.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the Current vape voltage, Current vape power display, Vape time display of each puff, Variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, Atomizer resistance temperature control, Supports setting firmware update, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Hot Cig has equipped his box with a HM chipset. This one allows the box to offer you four modes of vape.
Bypass mode turns your box into a mechanical pseudo mod. The voltage depends directly on the charge of your battery and, with this mode, it is the value of the resistance that will determine the power.
The variable power mode operates on a scale that ranges from 1 to 80W per level of 0,1.
These two modes of operation will be usable with coils whose value must be greater than or equal to 0.1Ω.
Then, there are TC and TCR modes to play with the temperature control over a range from 100 to 315 ° C. This mode works with coils in NI200, SS316, or Titanium, whose value must be at least equal to 0.05Ω.
The bottom feeder system is more traditional: a flexible bottle of 7 ml, it is pressed and the juice goes back in the dripper. But, to make it more original, an LED comes to illuminate this bottle in red, blue, green or even the three way Christmas tree.
The box can be used to charge the battery at a maximum intensity of 1A but it is always better to use an external charger to ensure your batteries a long life. This micro USB port is also used to make updates.
Of course, the box is equipped with safety elements such as protection against reverse polarity or short circuits from the atomizer ...
A very complete box, which it does not miss much, except perhaps a preheat setting.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The RSQ is presented to us in a sober and rather classy box.
All dressed in black, the lid of our box sports a silver filigree representation of our box. This schema is accompanied by the name of the machine and the chipset.
On one side, we find the signatures of the two moders separated by the electric pylon, emblem of Rig Mod.
On the back, the essential description of the contents of the package: the box, two bottles of 7 ml, seals and a USB cable. There is also the notice which is translated into French.
It's more than ok especially considering the price.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The first advantage of our RSQ is its compactness. It is easy to take in a coat pocket. Its shape offers a good comfort, the fire button is easily found and is very responsive.
The management of electronics is not too complicated, it is taken quickly. Five clicks to get started and three clicks once on to get into the settings. We go from one item to another by always pressing the button and we use the [+/-] buttons to modify the data. The booklet provided explains all this perfectly.
At the level of the vape, the chipset does its job very well, no bad surprise. The sensations are pleasant, whatever the mode chosen.
The autonomy in juice is correct. On the other hand, it's a simple 18650 and, if you get in the watts, you will probably need several batteries to hold the day.
The battery change is simple even if it misses the small tab to facilitate extraction. The bottle withdraws and remits easily, there is no particular concern.
A nice and practical box that is cut for nomadism.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? dripper bottom feeder
- Description of the test configuration used: Ud skywalker in single coil at 0.20
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: a dripper preferably in single coil
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Me who was not necessarily a follower of the Bottom Feeder, I'm spoiled! Indeed, I have more than that to test since we are in full rise of this practice. Hotcig presents here his personal vision, the RSQ 80W.
The aesthetic is undeniably a success. Normal because this aspect was entrusted to the American moder Rig Mod. We are on a style "mechanical sport" with fluid lines, simple and harmonious, The mix metal / carbon is particularly optimal and type really the design of the box.
Seduced by its visual aspect, it is also by its size. Compact and ergonomic, our box seems particularly well adapted to a nomadic use.
The chipset and efficient and offers a complete choice in the mode of vows. It is quite accessible and will be quickly taken in hand thanks to the presence of a manual in French.
To be honest, it does not miss much in this box but, if one must absolutely find a gap, it is rather the autonomy in energy that it concerns. Indeed, if the battery is rather well managed by electronics, with a maximum power of 80W and resistance can be very low, an 18650 does not weigh heavily. If the box slips easily into the pocket, it will be necessary to add spare batteries (protecting them for transport, so as not to end on BFM TV).
But do not sulk our pleasure, the RSQ is a very nice box, nice and practical. In addition, I think the value for money is pretty good, the box really has a very good quality and, for less 70 €, it would almost feel like a high end mod.
So, if you are looking for a nice gift, reasonable and very satisfying, or your first box BF, the RSQ is an optimal choice for those who do not necessarily want to use a loan to carry out his purchase project.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.