- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Happesmoke
- Price of the tested product: 29.9 €
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 € to 35 €)
- Atomizer type: Clearomizer
- Number of resistances allowed: 1
- Type of resistors: Non-rebuilding owners
- Type of wicks supported: Cotton
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 3.6
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
I salute the innovative aspect of this Clearomizer designed by Aspire. I discovered the Revvo Tank in the Skystar Revvo kit including this atomizer and a box. Each of the two products having assets too interesting to associate them, I preferred to make a complete review for each of them. Besides, we can get them separately
In this Revvo Tank, Aspire was largely inspired by Genesis-type rebuilds that are at the base of atos with tanks under the board. Then, he drew on the possibilities of Stove resistances, very little used but terribly effective when we know how to control them. Finally, on the filling system, it reminds me strangely Focusecig Skyfall which, at a certain time (about 3 years ago), proposed a different atomizer with a pumping system for the rise of the liquid and the filling by the center of the ato. Here, the combination may seem surprising but the result pleads in his favor.
In general, we are often wary of new finds, there are good and not so good. So, this atomizer offers a sub-ohm vape with proprietary Kanthal resistance of 0.15Ω (or 0.10Ω extra in the pack) to vape around 50W and more. I do not hide the fact that the little one is greedy in juice and energy but his size is quite common with a diameter of 24mm and a reserve of 3.5ml announced. The Revvo can be declined in several colors for the airflow ring and the plate, in black, chromium and stainless steel. As for its price, it remains well accessible.
The auscultation was long but the result will be revealed to you. 😉
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 24
- Length or height of the product in mm as sold, but without its drip-tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 33
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip-tip if it is present: 34
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, PMMA, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Kraken
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 7
- Number of threads: 5
- Quality of the threads: Average
- Number of o-rings, drip-tip excluded: 6
- Quality of O-rings present: Medium
- O-Ring Positions: Drip-Tip Connection, Top-Cap - Tank, Bottom-Cap - Tank, Other
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 3.6
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Revvo tank is divided into two distinct parts, the lower part with the stainless steel base and the pyrex tank. The whole supports a central column hollow and pierced at the base for receiving the liquid in the tank.
The tank is fairly well supported by a steel frame that consolidates the whole. In this central column where the liquid passes, a spring-loaded piston opens the openings that are located at its base. By pressing on the top of the piston, when the piston is in high position (rest), it is the aspiration which makes up the liquid in this column to diffuse in the center of the resistance ARC.
This resistance is just posed to ensure the negative contact and a second piece, funnel-shaped that must be screwed from below, will ensure the positive contact, the maintenance of the resistance and the good diffusion of the liquid in case of surplus of juice.
Overall, the system is pretty damn well and seems solid although the material on the different parts is a bit thin.
This is confirmed on the upper part of the atomizer, consisting of the cap, the airflow ring and the top-cap. The airflow ring is the only piece quite well provided with stainless steel material and on which there is no reproach to make. It does its job properly and slides properly with a stop by offering three large openings on the top of the atomizer.
The cap is bi-material with an all stainless steel interior and PMMA exterior. The stainless steel part is very thin and can easily be deformed, the outer part in PMMA is supposed to reduce the heat of the resistance but this one is hardly attenuated and, with more than 55W, the atomizer becomes very hot.
Regarding the top-cap in PMMA, it is not always easy to withdraw. Its material is so soft that a simple tool to unscrew it leaves traces. Its opening, since the drip-tip is an integral part of this top-cap, is 15mm. It's good for big vapors, everything is linked, except that sometimes it's too much! An adapter to reduce this opening to 10mm would have been welcome. Personally, I found myself on an old dripper and the result offers a more appreciable suction comfort.
The joints are fittings with the quality of the atomizer, that is to say, very medium or too fine but I must admit that no leak is to deplore, as long as it lasts!
The threads are correct, except for the top-cap that gave me a hard time.
Overall, we have for its price in terms of quality, no more. On the other hand the design is innovative for this kind of clearomiser "Genesis" with a resistance of type Stove.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through a setting of the positive pad of the battery or mod on which it will be installed.
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mm maximum of the air regulation possible: 10
- Minimum diameter in mm of the air regulation possible: 0.1
- Positioning of the air regulation: Lateral positioning and benefiting the resistors
- Spray chamber type: Conventional / wide
- Heat dissipation of the product: Low
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functional characteristics of this atomizer are a powerful vape in sub-ohm, distributed by a proprietary 0.15Ω resistor that allows you to consume more than 50W power and a dense vapor for a round, pleasant and precise taste.
On the proprietary resistance, the vape rendering is excellent, both on the flavors and on the density of the steam, but be careful because consumption suffers.
The airflow allows an adjustment of the air circulation, adapted to the desired rendering by the vapoteur.
The pin remains fixed and can not always adapt to certain types of mods, especially mechanical.
The highest quality of Revvo Tank is its ease of use.
- Type of attachment of the drip-tip: Owner only
- Presence of a drip-tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Short
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Medium (not very pleasant in the mouth)
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
The drip-tip is associated with the top-cap, the set is one. I regret that Aspire has chosen a thread for this piece that is not easy to unscrew.
This drip-top is in black PMMA, supposed to dissipate the heat, certainly this function is assured but the opening is too big in my opinion. 15mm, there is enough to dispel, but at the level of the suction and for the comfort of the mouthing, I remain on a negative opinion.
There is always a way to reduce this opening, at your expense, of course, by attaching a reducer adapter in 810 format. Sometimes, it will be insufficient but by adding a fine seal, it will hold and reduce the opening.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is that of the Kit, but concerning the atomizer, it is quite garnished with various accessories:
- An additional pyrex tank
- Many joints
- An Arc resistance of 0.15Ω extra (the value can vary between 0.1Ω and 0.17Ω)
- An orange cap
- A notice in English only
This is fine for this type of product.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing in the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Filling facilities: Easy, even standing in the street
- Facilities for changing resistances: Easy, even standing in the street
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred:
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The use is very simple. To fill the atomizer, simply place the tip of the liquid bottle vertically in the center of the ato (No need to remove the drip-top) and press on the piston before pressing the bottle. This will open the openings at the base of the central axis and allow the liquid to flow into the tank.
In theory, the accomplishment is very simple, in practice, the top of the tank is not completely visible. It is therefore possible to drown the resistance and end up with a surplus of juice in terms of resistance and excessive dripping. This was my case for the first filling. In order to avoid this inconvenience, it is better to: either unscrew and fill the tank directly by removing the resistance then go back up, or fill, being careful not to drown the ARC resistance and let it gently imbibe by returning ato 2 at 3 seconds.
For the capacity of the tank, it is given to 3.6ml. Here again the theory is beautiful because even if this capacity is right, you will be unable to vaper the entire content because when 1ml left liquid, it no longer goes up and stagnates at the bottom of the tank without being able to be vaporized. Beware of dry hits that are very unpleasant. It will then fill your tank all 2.5ml. This capacity is really low given the vape proposed in sub-ohm, because these ARC resistors are really very greedy, certainly the most greedy on the market.
On the other hand, in terms of taste, it's a marvel. The flavors are similar to mesh fixtures or some good drippers, with a sweet, round and comfortable vape. This resistance, which is inspired by the Stove resistances (photo below), offers a very wide heating surface. Thus, the juice-filled capillary diffuses all the aromas distinctly with a vapor that "radiates" on the heating surface for a dense and round cloud in the mouth.
Some small inconveniences can sometimes hinder your pleasure by splashing in the mouth if the resistance is too sip with too low power, unsuitable. The dry hit, too, is easy if it is not adjusted to the power that should be around 50 or 55W.
The atomizer tends to heat all the way up to the pyrex.
The airflow adjustment is easy via the ring on the top of the tank which offers three large openings. As for the pine, it is not adjustable but ensures very good contact.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? It will be more comfortable to use it with a dual battery electronic mod for energy consumption.
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: With the Aspire Skystar Revvo box
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The proposed Skystar Revvo kit is ideal
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Rather pretty and well proportioned, this Revvo tank is a marvel taste thanks to its ARC resistance which offers a large heating surface and restores flavors and vapor worthy of a very good atomizer.
Unfortunately, the quality of finish is not at the rendezvous. Light materials that make it fragile and a power sub-ohm that spreads heat throughout the atomizer, but it remains correct on the lips to serenely vape.
The capacity of 3.6ml is wrong by the inability to absorb the entire tank during the vape.
I did not notice any leak after a well-honed use, but the first filling was somewhat laborious.
The proposed vape opening is too big and this Revvo would deserve an adapter to slightly reduce the entrance. In short some minor improvements could give a perfect product to this vape which, I remind you, is still exceptionally tasty.
The price is up to this Revvo Tank, so accessible but the resistors owners can easily inflate the bill.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.