Characteristics of the juice tested
- Sponsor having lent material for the review: Pipeline Store
- Price of the tested packaging: 19.90 Euros
- Quantity: 30 ml (3 x 10 ml)
- Price per ml: 0.66 Euros
- Price per liter: 660 Euros
- Juice category according to the price per ml previously calculated: Mid-range, from 0.61 to 0.75 euro per ml
- Nicotine dosage: 3 Mg / Ml
- Proportion of Vegetable Glycerin: 40%
- Presence of a box: Yes
- Are the materials making up the box recyclable? Yes
- Presence of a seal of inviolability: Yes
- Material of the bottle: Flexible plastic, usable for the filling, if the bottle is equipped with a mouthpiece
- Cork equipment: Nothing
- Tip Feature: End
- Name of the juice present in bulk on the label: Yes
- Bulk PG / VG proportions displayed on the label: No
- Display of nicotine dosage in bulk on the label: Yes
Steamer note for packaging: 3.89 / 5
Comments on the packaging
Vape Cellar is a Luxembourg brand that has made a specialty of combining tobacco in all these variations. Coming from the world of oenology, the creator was on familiar ground in aromatic treatment and was able to develop two essential ranges, fine and varied blends to satisfy connoisseurs of the Nicot herb and offer a healthy alternative to smoking.
The two ranges are called “Spirit Of Absolu” and “L'Absolu” from which our e-liquid of the day, Red Skin, comes.
Encountering growing success and surfing on the return of tobacco as an aroma among vapers, the brand's e-liquids can easily be recommended to primovapoteurs because the balance between propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin from 60 / 40 may well suit them. Similarly, the availability of nicotine levels in 0, 3, 6, 11 and 16 mg / ml will allow everyone to choose according to their case.
The price of 19.90 € places Red Skin in the mid-range and seems suitable for a premium brand positioned at the crossroads of crafts and industry. We will find out together if the game is worth the candle.
Legal, security, sanitary, and religious compliance
- Presence of a child safety on the cap: Yes
- Clear pictograms on the label: Yes
- Presence of embossed marking for poor visibility on the label: Yes
- 100% of the juice compounds are indicated on the label: Yes
- Presence of alcohol: No
- Presence of distilled water: No
- Presence of essential oils: No
- Compliance HIDE: Do not know
- HALAL compliance: Do not know
- Indication of the name of the laboratory producing the juice: Yes
- Presence of contacts needed to reach a consumer service on the label: Yes
- Batch Number Labeling: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding the respect of various conformities (except religious): 5 / 5
Comments on the security, legal, health and religious aspects
The figures imposed by the legislator are all covered, whether on the label of the bottles or on the cardboard packaging containing the three vials. There is also the famous manual that will enlighten vapers on the many dangers that there are to vaping but not enough, in my opinion, on the many positive points that make vaping a technology that saves people's lives.
The only downside to the formal and factual perfection of the information, the PG / VG ratio (60 / 40) is missing. It is not serious in itself but very useful however for the consovapeur who could thus know if his atomizer is well calibrated to accept the viscosity of Red Skin. In this case, in view of the fluidity of the juice, this is not penalizing but a juice in 100% VG not indicating it on its label would cause a lot of problems for a primovapoteur armed with an MTL clearo. It does not cost much to add this information and it allows everyone to find their young.
Appreciation of the packaging
- Is the graphic design of the label and the name of the product in agreement? Yes
- Global correspondence of the packaging with the product name: Yes
- The packaging effort is in accordance with the price category: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding packaging with regard to juice category: 5 / 5
Comments on the packaging
On the cardboard package containing the three vials, we find the obscure cellar of Vape Cellar on an elegant and discreet black background. In the center stands the profile face of a stylized Sioux chef.
On the flask itself, we find the same face on a black background, surrounded by the name of the product in beige and the logos of the brand and the motto “Grand Cru d'Arôme” dear to the brand in Bordeaux. It's chic and simple at the same time, perfectly realized, we recognize here the “tobacco” direction without the possibility of making a mistake.
Packaging in perfect agreement with the e-liquid.
- Is the color and the name of the product in agreement? Yes
- Is the smell and the name of the product in agreement? Yes
- Definition of odor: Woody, Resin, Blond Tobacco
- Definition of taste: Vanilla, Tobacco
- Are the taste and the name of the product in agreement? Yes
- Did I like this juice? Yes
- This liquid reminds me: often!
Vapelier's note on sensory experience: 5 / 5
Comments on the taste appreciation of the juice
Here, the key word is sweetness. And even a haven of sweetness. The responsibility lies with a work of rare balance made on the tobacco basis of Red Skin. We find here a very ripe Virginian blonde and therefore finely sweetened by a longer sun exposure and a cured flue drying. But the blend also offers us a darker and smokier component that reminds us of Cypriot Latakia.
If the mixture is very elegant, it sometimes reveals subtle woody notes, leather or slightly oily resin that enrich the tasting. This tobacco is not simple, it is on the contrary complex and of character, between sugar and controlled harshness. A real gamble that yet everyone agrees once in the mouth.
A vanilla note, persistent and nevertheless light, comes to top it all while making the tobacco more greedy without denaturing or caricaturing it. The Red Skin is good, thank God, a real tobacco juice, from those who quickly become allday, which will easily reconcile those who have left the world of tobacco towards other more greedy spheres, those who have never left and who will find here a real tobacco juice perfectly assembled and all primovapoteur which will undoubtedly meet a first e-liquid which will remind him of the cigarette with a slightly greedy aspect in addition.
A plus for the length on the palate, quite marked, which completes a pleasant tasting and a breathtaking appreciation of the balance of Red Skin.
- Recommended power for optimal taste: 20 W
- Type of steam obtained at this power: Normal
- Hit type obtained at this power: Medium
- Atomizer used for the review: Taïfun GTR
- Value of the resistance of the atomizer in question: 0.9
- Materials used with the atomizer: Kanthal
Comments and recommendations for an optimal tasting
The Red Skin is easily revealed, even at low power, proof of a liquid that does not need artifices to express itself. Perfectly comfortable in a good dripper, it will also have its place in any atomizer, reconstructable or not, in MTL or in restricted DL, provided that you opt for a flavored material.
It vapes at will, at any time of the day and is easily imposed as an allday as its balance and its modesty in sugar make it easy to vape, on a good coffee, glass in hand or even in the rush of action to make Bogart 2.0.
- Recommended times of the day: Morning, Morning - coffee breakfast, Aperitif, End of lunch / dinner with a coffee, End of lunch / dinner with a digestif, All afternoon during everyone's activities, Early evening to relax with a drink, Late evening with or without herbal tea, At night for insomniacs
- Can this juice be recommended as an Allday Vape: Yes
Overall average (excluding packaging) of the Vapelier for this juice: 4.63 / 5
My mood ticket on this juice
I have rarely been confronted with such a versatile e-liquid, allowing both to satisfy any addict to the dive plant or any amateur intrigued by the rendering of this aroma in vape.
Red Skin is an e-liquid of rare elegance. It shows a perceived simplicity which is only the tip of the iceberg. Behind the scenes, the goldsmith work that had to be deployed to achieve such perfection of assembly had to be repeatedly put on the workbench to obtain this impeccable rendering.
Do not hesitate to try it in depth, over a pair of days, to uncover all the mysteries that appear little by little like the boxes of an advent calendar. At the end, there will undoubtedly be the meeting of your future Grail.
Top circumstance juice for a Top juice!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.