- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vapconcept
- Price of the tested product: 74.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 240 W
- Maximum voltage: NC
- Minimum value in ohms of resistance for a start: 0.06Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
A big Council Of Vapor offensive is expected in the coming weeks, like a heat wind in this icy spring to lead us to a sun-drenched summer. The Range is the first burst of novelties, the bridgehead in short, responsible for educating us on the next mods that will spring from the manufacturer as darts ready to fight in a vapmonde rather like the weather forecast. moment, chilly ...
Council Of Vapor is a manufacturer on horseback between the Middle Kingdom and the New World, one foot in the US, another in China. It is especially very atypical in the sense that it often proposes objects of vape not resembling the others and not copying the references of the kind, an interesting paradox at this moment or a mod tends rather to resemble another like a sheep to another sheep.
The brand also displays a very communicative warmth on its site and, although aware that this act will devote me to the facebook swarms of some asexual specimens, I do not resist the temptation to give you an image:
Of course, I do my mea culpa, I flog myself with nettles and I'm ready to go to the question of the Holy Inquisition of Irreproachable Vapotors, I will confess everything ... It is however only the simple reproduction of 'a commercial image and elsewhere, speaking of reproduction ... but I'm silent, it's better and I resume the thread of my review.
The Range is a dual battery pack, with 240W and an insolent pistol grip. It is sold around 74.90 €, median price for the category and has personal characteristics that make it an interesting box for more than one reason.
With a very complete variable power mode and a temperature control mode that is not less, we have the work to decode the arcane. Come on, reattach your belt, we're gone!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 29
- Product Length or Height in mm: 86
- Product weight in grams: 184
- Material composing the product: Alloy Aluminum / Magnesium
- Type of Form Factor: Lacrosse
- Decoration style: Military universe
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The first shock is visual.
Indeed, we have here a box that is not really because it draws faithfully enough handgun sticks to ensure the seduction part. It is successful and, even if it has been done before, it is nice to find a form factor different from the manga-like of the moment. In addition, three colors are available and change quite radically the deal at the aesthetic level.
The second shock is tactile.
What lightness! The alloy used for the body of the Range is fly by proposing a mod whose weight was limited by the use of magnesium in combination with aluminum. Thus, we obtain an object that can be produced by molding and borrowing magnesium its very low density, strength and rigidity. Even if the machining of such an alloy is not without some difficulties, we are here before a very conclusive and perfectly finished result.
The combination of form factor and material gives a very pleasant grip. The shapes of the device literally match that of the palm and a rubber insert is even nestled in the corner of the thumb for improved feel and grip. The index has no trouble, therefore, to find the red switch in the form of relaxation that will serve to vaper. The measured weight does not cause any discomfort and the movements of the hand are very natural, even when we do not vape.
The switch, since we talk about him, is articulated and it is therefore his lower part that ensures contact. A good idea that passes with the caption of the concept being very pleasant to handle, whether with the fingertip or even the belly of the knuckles. Reactive, it still imposes an understanding of its kinetics. Indeed, its course is rather long and one can press on it without activating the firing. It is in the last third of the movement that the saving click takes place and triggers the process, like relaxing a weapon. After a few minutes, the marks are found and it is even hard to get back on a normal system.
The interface buttons are on one side, adjacent to the screen. Assuming that when a setting is made, we do not spend the day to undo, the manufacturer has chosen this placement so that the gripping fingers do not inadvertently click on buttons [+] and [-]. Thus, for a right-handed person, the screen appears all the time in the open air, the interface buttons too. For a southpaw, it's a little less obvious since all this part is then in the hollow of the hand, invisible. Yet, thanks to a great effort of ergonomics, no risk to inadvertently support the [+] or [-]. Indeed, the reception area is flat, it takes advantage of the curvature of the palm to protect access.
The screen itself is very clear and you can adjust the contrast. It displays a lot of information but everything remains very legible: power or temperature, a gauge for each battery, the value of the resistance, the output intensity, the number of puffs since a resettable date, the mode used for the smoothing of the signal, the output voltage and, finally, the time of your puff. As a cherry on the connection, the screen saver gives the time. Nothing to say, it's complete!
The 510 connection, equipped with air inlets for the few atomizers that take their airflow through the connection, is effective. However, it lacks a bit of width, especially with regard to the exploitable 29mm of the top-cap. A larger turntable probably provided a better visual for the flush attitude and a more suitable support. However, except for this slight detail more cosmetic than mechanical, we have a valid connection, on spring and with an irreproachable screw pitch.
The bottom-cap serves as a cover for the introduction of the batteries, as is often the case. Articulated on a hinge, it is easily clipped and unclipped and has the good taste to stay in place once clipped. The introduction of the batteries, marked by the eternal signs + and -, poses no problem and the silos can even accommodate batteries a little "fat" (MXJo for example) or even re-wraped accuses.
In the balance of this chapter, we have a light mod, well built and whose shape is ergonomic. A first step towards success?
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Adjustment of the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 29
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Some rough numbers as tapas to whet your appetite:
From 5 to 240W in increments of 1W. Thank you to the passage to the engineer (certainly vapoteur) who finally understood that we were tired of waiting two hours that hundredths of watt scroll under our eyes cattle. There, it is effective.
You will also have the opportunity to adjust the pre-heat to boost a somewhat diesel assembly or, on the contrary, to calm the heat of a very responsive editing. It comes in POWERFUL (that sauce!), STANDARD (it's normal!), SOFT (it's cool!) Or DIY. This last mode allows you to twist the signal according to your desires so as to have the vape rendering that suits you best. You will have to do this 10 editable bearings. To change stage, we switch. To adjust each step, the [+] and [-] buttons. To exit the mode, simply leave the switch pressed for two or three seconds.
From 100 to 315 ° C for temperature control in 5 ° increments. One can use SS, NI or TI, implemented in native mode. But we do not stop there because a TCR mode exists and gives us the opportunity to implement more precisely the resistive used when we know the heating coefficient (findable almost anywhere on the net ). In addition, here is the return of the DIY mode that allows, like that of the variable power mode, to sculpt its puff temperature, please!
To lock / unlock the mod, just click on the switch three times.
To enter the menus, five clicks will be required. There, I will not trace you the complete map of the navigation but simply know that it is very intuitive and not tricky and this, even if the features are very numerous: reset factory settings, adjust the contrast. screen, chipset upgrade, clock setting, puff counter reset, and so on. The home engineers have worked perfectly because, not only the Range offers a lot for its price but, in addition, the handling is very intuitive and some very famous founders could even take seed .... (No, I will not give a name, yi hi hi hi ....)
At the level of the protections, it is the big surboum: Short-circuits, detection of resistances lower than 0.06Ω, overheating of the chipset, cut-off of 10 seconds and a module which checks if the installed batteries are damaged. Suffice to say that security was not the poor relation of the case. We can safely vault with the Range!
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A box, a USB / micro USB cable and a very complete French manual. Decently, it seems difficult to ask for more. Especially when the packaging displays such quality! Far from me the idea of raving about a cardboard box, but here, Council Of Vapor has provided a great effort that should be welcomed.
From an aesthetic angle as well as practical, the packaging is irreproachable. No, that's not enough so I'll say it like this: I-RRE-PRO-CHA-BLE! That's it, it will better the minds and it will do justice to the beauty of the packaging.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
"It is necessary for a reviewer to be impartial in order to give the most objective opinion possible". (Code of the Vape Property, article 50) ... Ok but how do we do when we have a crush for a mod, sir siouplait? Because for me, it is the case and I feel the objectivity to leave me as the sea withdraws ... Well, okay, do not hit, I will try to remain calm, serene, flexible, feline and cold.
In use, the Range shows no sign of weakness. Whatever is the ato that you will pair on it, it will send with docile the power demanded, without showing signs of weakness or heating.
The signal, totally tilting according to your will, is a model of its kind and the rendering of vape is precise while remaining compact and dense. With a dripper crazy, he develops without complaining the power claimed and is very responsive, without latency, including climbing in the towers.
Grée of a Green Start clearomiser (a slaughter!) To 17W, he knows how to be cuddly and accompany a vape MTL with autonomy perfectly managed by the chipset.
The multiplication of the possibilities of personalization of the signal makes that one arrives quickly to master the mod and especially to bend it to any type of exercise. In addition, the quality of the chipset is no doubt and the brand demonstrates, as have already been done by others (Tesla, Smoant) that we can very well manage to create an excellent proprietary chipset without reaching a tariff stage who can leave vapers on the floor.
The grip is a significant asset, lightness also and make (long) moments spent with this mod pleasant moments and accomplices. In short, the use is in the image of what the Range transports us since the departure of the unboxing: it is clean, effective and terribly ergonomic!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All, from the moment they make 29mm of diameter or less.
- Description of the test configuration used: Green Start, VX V3 Vapor Giant, UD Zephyrus, Aspire Revvo, Tsunami 24
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A good ato double coil very powerful
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Love can mean "appreciate the presence". In this case, I like this mod.
Love can also mean "despair of absence". In this sense, well, I also like this mod!
To be honest, we are between us after all, I love the Range! He has become my daily mod and I carry him everywhere with me. I only regret one thing is that it is black, I would have preferred in camo version. But basta, it is so ergonomic, so good in hand, so powerful and malleable that it seems grafted to my arm like the chainsaw on the arm of Ash (cinematographic reference for amateurs - Edr).
So, if you want a purely subjective opinion: it's a pu ... n of mod !!!! Do not hesitate, if its particular shape makes you an eye, test it, buy it, steal it, it will only please you!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.