- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 189.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? Yes
- Maximum power: 40 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Provape was for a long time the indisputable ruler of the vaporous sphere thanks to excellent mods such as the Provari 2.5, which had remained unmatched for a long time, until what Dicodes, the German competitor, decided to organize a successful coup to bring down the king .
But Provape raised his head and went out with great fanfare the excellent P3. The perfect weapon to try to dethrone Dicodes and Pipeline did not receive the long-awaited Messianic welcome from the people. The fault of the most questionable commercial management and the fierce competition of the countries of the East, also seeking their share of the war chest.
Provape had to react, so the Radius was born in this abundance of low-cost materials, but with increasing quality.
A box that focuses on its history rather than its functions. Exit temperature control, high power and noble materials ... Plastic, few options and 40w will be enough to make the joy of the populace. After all, we are Provape and our name will be enough to sell!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 43
- Product Length or Height in mms: 86
- Product weight in grams: 190
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Delrin
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 5
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
If the Radius is well assembled, it suffers from a fairing worthy of the worst Asian productions. Indeed, Provape has relied on polycarbonate for coaching his Radius! But the honor is (almost) except since some touches of stainless come to embellish this set.
This is felt at the grip. The box is light and has a good grip but decidedly plastic on a Provape product ... and why not the mayo on my caviar?
Also included is a spring loaded 510 connector compatible with the P3's hybrid adapters.
The good news in all this comes from the buttons, switch and adjustment knobs. They are very gentle and effective. The missfire have only to behave well.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the power of the vape course, Fixed protection against overheating resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Adjusting the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 3
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Those who have had or still own their good old Provari (the one who was not plastic) will not be lost. Apart from switching to variable power mode and 40W maximum, the Radius does not bring anything new. Unless we take into account the screen that will now display the information in HD (?!? ...?) But its dimensions do not move an iota, you go back to watch a movie ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Minimal package just like the mod itself: a USB reel for charging and a Samsung 25R battery. If the presence of a quality battery is a plus undeniable, a small user manual would have been welcome, especially with regard to the tariff.
Instead, we are entitled to a small piece of paper indicating the address of the Provape site to download the said manual.
We saw worse ... But for half less, we saw better!
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Nothing exceptional here either. We screw his favorite atomizer, provided it does not require more 40W to work properly, we vape and when the battery is empty, we recharge its Radius on a USB port.
For those in a hurry, it is possible to change the battery via two hand screws located under the box that release the bottom-cap.
As for the vape itself, I must admit that it is very good. A smooth and creamy vape with a perfectly calibrated power from the beginning to the end of the shoot. If I have to recognize a quality in the Radius, it is therefore in terms of its electronics that it happens, few chipsets can boast of having a signal as clean.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A Classical Fiber, In Sub-Ohm, Rebuildable Genesis
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A tank atomizer rather dedicate flavor to low power
- Description of the test configuration used: several types of atomizer with different resistances.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A tank atomizer rather dedicate flavor to low power
was the product liked by the reviewer: No
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Well, how do you explain my fear of this nonsense without getting into vulgarity ...
I had stars in my eyes and incidentally the empty wallet the day I offered my first Provari 2.5.
I took a monster fun to dance my cart Boge on this precision electronics, signal perfectly flat and controlled.
Me who found this anodized "tube" of an unnamed beauty with its small finishing ring to be flush on my tank 22mm.
Then one day, an announcement! Provape launches a box to stick to the emerging market of these small electronic boiboites with watts of quality. Youpi I told myself!
If the design is true to the brand, we like it or not, I think it has aged. But either, it takes for everyone and all tastes. Only two things I dislike, much more than the design:
The first is the screen. Small, unreadable and misplaced. Level practicality we saw better and to be clear, recently we had not seen worse.
The second, the one who really pisses me off: the body of the box .... polycarbonate ... what plastic! And that, on a box at 190 €. Find the mistake. Some will say that it is good for the weight, that the polycarbonate has a good longevity and patati and patata ... Console you as you want.
Stainless steel is durable. Aluminum is sustainable. Plastic ... NO. One damn scratch and your box will be marked for life while a metal is always repairable.
When you buy a pair of Louboutin, it's to have beautiful leather and not skai or onion skin. When you do the high-end, it should be and not just ride a reputation acquired a few years ago. The price alone can not justify a high-end status.
So, of course, electronics is a model of its kind. The signal is perfectly flat and technically mastered but the competition is now very tough in this segment, with Chinese manufacturers offering high quality material, or even "high-end", for often much cheaper.
You will understand, I am disappointed by the Radius. At least by his physique. But do not we say that the physical does not count, only the inner beauty counts?
Thanks again to Petit Vapoteur for the loan of this Radius.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.