- [/ if] Price of the tested product: 229.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 20 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.7
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Commercial point of view, on paper, this mod has it all. The usual mods will find all the comfort of use with resistors from 0.7 ohms.
It is not telescopic but is sold with 2 extension tubes that allow to mount the 3 common types of batteries, namely 18350, 18500 and 18650.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22.7
- Product Length or Height in mms: 121
- Product weight in grams: 137.3
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 6
- Number of threads: 6
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
We start with the external appearance in stainless steel with a sanded coating finely, I mean that a sanding would have given texture to the touch while here we stay on something smooth that does not feel under the skin .
There are in all 6 parts, the Mod itself contains all the electronics, 2 extension rings (in the format tested in 18650), the bottom cap and 2 last elements forming the top cap, an inner ring and an outer one that allow you to more or less adjust the gap (space) between the atomizer and the mod.
For the quality of the threads we end up with good threads but no more, a bit squeaky at times on the model tested which is a Beta I remember.
Overall, this mod that still costs more than 200 € (229.90 € to 21 / 11 / 2014) will not hold my attention as to the quality of manufacture compared to its price, we find mods much cheaper while keeping performance delivered by Provari P3
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Bad, the chosen approach is tedious or not practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of current vape power, Display brightness adjustment, Clear diagnostic messages, Operating light indicators
- Accusability: 18350,18500,18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22.7
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Let's talk about the setting of the positive pad, actually the pad itself is not adjustable, however the ring around the pad are but they will not allow a flush mount without having a gap somewhere. Not to mention the fact that these rings in question tend to want to hang on the atomizer during disassembly, and it is rather difficult to separate them from the atomizer once unscrewed.
The central stud is mounted on a kind of o-ring that allows it to have some movement when you screw your atomizer, but it will remain insufficient for me with some atomizers.
As far as performance is concerned, we have a product from ProVape, in other words the performances are there and the values remain accurate.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The Packaging, in other words, the box accompanying the product is black, we find the ProVape logo in blue selective varnish on the top with an opening from the front, inside very hard foam notched in mod format with a location that contains one of the two extensions.
No manual for the Beta version, I do not know if there is with the final version, I just have a yellow paper with the basic safety instructions, all in English.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The mod is entirely in stainless steel and is very solid.
Disassembly, like any battery tube, can be easily done to change the battery.
After a day of use, no real problem on the horizon.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All types of atomizers with a resistance greater than 0.7 ohms.
- Description of the test configuration used: ProVari P3 + Russian 91%, Cotton Micro Coil @ 1.2 Ohms
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I will use it more is the type of atomizers Kayfun or Russian. The Taifun GT will have the advantage of being of the same diameter.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
On paper we end up with a mod with power and variable voltage up to 6.0V and 20.0W accepting resistances from 0.7 Ohms and full of features related to electronics, such as the IQ Test that will alert you to the slightest fault of your battery or the connection or the Boost that allows it to increase the power output for a short time to preheat the resistance somehow. Not to mention the "Gadgets" features like changing the color of the led that will illuminate the fire button, with no less than 7 colors to choose from!
Then comes the moment when we have it in our hands and we realize something rather flagrant: It is very big!
Indeed in 18650 configuration it measures 12 cm! With an atomizer like the Squape R or a Kayfun in its original version we end up with a kind of magic wand in the hands, and I'm not even talking about when you will want to put it in your jean pocket.
Then we turn it on and we finally see the beautiful OLED screen light ... Yes, but it is very small! It measures 13 x 9 mm and there is no less than 4 information displayed constantly, the battery charge, power or output voltage depending on the mode chosen, the current resistance of the atomizer and ... the symbol Ohm above that we distinguish very well.
Now to switch to variable power if you are in variable voltage mode, you have to click 4 times on the button, wait for the menu to scroll to the left, click to go to the sub-menu to increase the voltage, wait until the menu scrolls up to tell us the power this time and there we click to validate. We are now in variable power mode!
Now that we are in variable power to lower the power we click 4 times, the menu scrolls on "Mount the power", then scrolls (all alone) on "Lower power", there we click, the menu scrolls up to enter the submenu, click to confirm that we want to lower the power, the menu to lower the power is displayed, and there we click repeatedly to lower the power by decrementing 0.2 W.
As you can see, the menus, submenus and settings of the values are just out of the ordinary, I do not really have any qualifiers to describe the complexity to fix the least thing on this mod.
Now and finally we'll talk about the famous rings around the plot 510, I do not know if on the final version they did something better (I did not have in the hands), but on my version it is almost systematic with the Russian or the Squape, the inner ring hangs on the thread 510 atomizer, so by unscrewing it does not unscrew the atomizer but the inner ring of the connector of the mod ...
In conclusion, for the price it is worth (always 229.90 € to 21 / 11 / 2014) I will not advise this mod. At the moment, for less money you may have something that will prevent you from becoming bald in the near future.
However, if you are a ProVape lover and you are nostalgic for the old 2 and 2.5 versions that were for me a reference in electronic mod there is still 1 year, you will find the perfect finish that ProVape gives its mods , external point of view and performance level.
ProVape knows how to make mods, no doubt about it, as far as I'm concerned they just have little progress to make in terms of the ergonomics of their menus, the size of the display and also in terms of size of their electronics.
Thank you for reading my test, we will meet again soon for new adventures!
PS: A video should arrive very soon, stay tuned! 😉
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.