- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Happe Smoke
- Price of the tested product: 39.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Arymi is a brand recently discovered in France that offers a fairly wide range of mods and atomizers. When we scratch a little, we realize that this is a company-daughter Kangertech trying here to copy the economic model that has succeeded in Joyetech when the Chinese giant has developed its three brands: Eleaf for the entry level, Joyetech ensuring what is called the middle market and Wismec dealing with the "high-end".
Such an economic model is a windfall because it allows for economies of scale in research and development. We remember the massive use in the production of three sister brands of the excellent chipset of the VTC Mini Joyetech or even the generalization of Notch Coils Wismec / Jaybo among others.
However, for such an operation to have a future, it is subject to two imperatives. The first is that each brand has its own full range. The second is that each product is interesting and enters well in its tariff range while respecting the quality standard in progress.
The Pro-One is an 75W box, entry-level, the price of 39.90 € closer to the Istick Pico of its direct competitor than the VTC Mini 2, more expensive. Paradoxically, it will also compete with the Aster of Eleaf by its features and power. The settlement may be bleeding. A new brand, whose commercial results may be scrutinized by the parent company, which is tackling two bestsellers on the market, my ears are stretching !!!
Let's see that in more detail.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 82
- Product weight in grams: 177
- Material composing the product: Zinc alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Aesthetically, the Pro-One was furiously inspired by the VTC Mini. Same height, identical width, it is difficult to silence this coincidence. The depth, however, turns to the advantage of the Joyetech since the Pro-One borrows its elegant curvature to the Aster and its battery door and is therefore more generous in this dimension.
The topography is strictly identical to the VTC. The switch is in the same place, the control bar, containing the two points [+] and [-] being arranged at the same level as the corresponding buttons on its model. Ditto for the micro-usb port that lies at the foot of the facade. If the screen is a little smaller on the Arymi, it is obviously located at the same level.
One could believe, probably with reason, that if this arrangement was copied, it is because it corresponds to a well-honed ergonomics that the vapers appreciate. One could also believe that there is no doubt from the manufacturer a deliberate desire to reproduce what has already been commercially proven. The truth is no doubt a clever mix of both. But we can not ignore that Arymi does not arrive with a box of nature to revolutionize the vaposphere.
It still remains to salute the nice stroke of pencil that presided over the birth of this box. The angles are all rounded, the curvature of the battery door is very pleasant in hand and the bias, on which we will return, to place the buttons as if they were integral part of the facade gives a nice rendering. Not a revolution but an aesthetically successful interpretation.
In terms of materials, we are on the classic there too. It is a zinc-aluminum alloy that has been chosen for the body of the box and it exists in three versions: a first in "rough" with a brushed effect that gives the impression of stainless steel and two versions painted in black or white. The 510 stud is made of brass and is spring loaded. The buttons are metal and the screen, recessed into a recess, remains legible even if it is not really large. On the brushed version, your fingerprints will easily register for the pleasure of forensic scientists.
The general finish is very correct, especially if it relates to the tariff requested. No problem screwing on the 510 connection, the battery cover holds well in its housing by two powerful magnets, the battery itself entering well into one's cradle without having to force too much.
The table is complicated a little when we see that the integrated appearance of the control buttons is detrimental to ergonomics in use. The switch is triggered well, the common bar at the two points [+] and [-] too but their position without relief is that they are difficult to find at the touch. We do however, but we are far enough from the "normal" ergonomics of a box of this type.
Similarly; the relative tenderness of the metal used means that you will quickly have circular traces at the connection, demonstrating that your atos have sat there. I have not passed a specific crash test for this box but we can guess that micro-traces will multiply as soon as you put it in contact with another metal object. I remind you to avoid stuffing your box next to your keys and also your accusations while we are there. The e-cig being relatively poorly seen by the public authorities, avoid being the subject of yet another article on exploding batteries, which burn cars and tear your fingers .... Vaper is also knowing how to vape. In the same way that if you use your hair dryer in your bathtub, you will not complain about having a big electricity bill to bequeath to your widow.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the personalization of its behavior by external software, Adjustment of the display brightness, Messages of clear diagnostics, operational light indicators
- Accusability: 18650, 26650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Average, there is a noticeable difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the resistance of the atomizer
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 2.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
After this digression that you will forgive me, let's move on to the functional aspects of the Pro-One.
Variable power, temperature control. It is in the air of the time, almost the legal minimum not to be vilified. Here all the same, no TCR. On the other hand, there are four types of wire implemented: titanium, nickel, 316L steel and Nichrome. The manufacturer argues around its choices by offering ease of handling increased by the disappearance of advanced features. It's his right and we do not really feel wrong about not having a TCR on this box.
75W maximum power. The resistance utilization range oscillates between 0.1 and 2.5Ω. In temperature control mode, you can refine your settings by 5 ° between 100 and 300 ° C.
To turn on the box, we click 5 once. To extinguish it, idem. No change, it becomes almost a standard de facto and no one will be left out.
To select one of the available 5 modes (Ni, Ti, SS, NiCr or power), just click on the switched switch box three times. Three times each time to switch from one to the other. It is a bit long but easy enough to remember. Once your resistive is selected, you can increment the temperature or decrement it by pressing [+] or [-]. But you will not be able to influence the power in this mode. It is 75W sent until the coil reaches the chosen temperature and after, it cuts. And that's all.
If you press the [+] button and the switch simultaneously, you can have the indications in white on a black background or in black on a white background. We could see this as a gadget but I think that the fact of adapting the best possible screen to his view is interesting.
Similarly, if you press the [-] button and the switch, you can adjust the brightness of the screen.
I pass you the long litany of protections that, once again, are standard and quite functional. The Pro-One is secure.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is correct. A black cardboard box equipped with a drawer of the same material contains the box, a cable for charging and a notice in English, detailed but in English .... Not enough to bang on the stomach but not enough to scream scandal. It is simple but effective and it corresponds to the tariff positioning of the box even if some competitors do even better.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
We have seen that the Pro-one is an agglomerate applied solutions already honed by the competition. Aesthetic successful but not exceptional, correct finish, limited functionality but sufficient for an extra mod or for a vaper on the way to become confirmed ... everything seemed together for a nice box to use and rather sexy.
However, three major elements are casting a shadow over the painting.
First, the chipset is mediocre. Indeed, the rendering is weak and the requested power has little relation to the power supplied. On the same atomizer, I get an identical rendering with 35W on the VTC Mini and 40W on the Pro-One. Same distortion, and for good reason, between the Pico and the Pro-One. In addition, the latency (delay between the support on the switch and the arrival of electricity coil) is relatively marked, in any case more important than the competition. This gives an impression of diesel operation. The delivered signal does not seem optimal to me either, the vape made remains rather anemic and not very tasty. Details that explode in the mouth with other boxes of the same price are missing here.
Secondly, the fact of not being able to influence the power in temperature control mode is very limiting on the rendering. It is therefore necessary to choose a rather cold temperature to arrive at a coherent result otherwise, 75W delivered soon to remind you to the reason. This is a real obstacle to the exploitation of this mod.
Finally, do not expect to tickle the 75W promised with a coil of 0.3Ω. The box does not hear this ear and shows you a splendid "Check Battery" by cutting courses to your attempts. With this resistance, I could not exceed the 55 / 60W, the chipset cutting right after.
In the balance, some annoyances come to disrupt the proper functioning of the Pro-One and especially prevent a vape to your wish. We understand then that the box has been designed to feed more atomizers between 0.8 and 1.5Ω in power cushy than to move atos sub-ohm in high power. And this is where I wonder. This box was made initially to work in concert with the Gille of the same brand, clearomizer that uses proprietary resistors of 0.2Ω ... !!! .... I would have liked to have the ato in the hands to check the operation of the tandem .... But I remain dubious about the result.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Made to work with the Gille of the same brand, the Pro-One will welcome any type of atomizer or almost ...
- Description of the test configuration used: Vapor Giant Mini V3, Narda, OBS Engine
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Your
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
One box more. But it is unfortunately not the Pro-One that any technical improvement will change your habits of vape.
Completely modeled on competing models, Arymi struggles to convince in situation. Blame it on a Jurassic chipset, which is hard right now or is asked to get out of the "normal" niche of a quiet vape. The body is beautiful but the engine runs out of steam quickly and the box is not long illusion.
The rendering is just average, not very detailed and the dead ends made on the power and on the limitations in temperature mode end up becoming annoying if your vape possesses, like that of most vapoteurs, several faces.
We could console ourselves with a very content price but, in front, there is the Istick Pico de Eleaf, which works in the same range and gives much more, both in the features as in the quality of vape. For a first attempt to penetrate the French market, it is surprising that this box is so out of context.
It's a shame even if I want the brand to succeed in its implementation, if only to stimulate competition that sometimes tends to fall asleep on its laurels.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.