- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 229 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: 12
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The PRO EIGHT and the PRO NINE represent the entry of PIPELINE in this world of mods box with Temperature Control (TC mode) already well supplied.
The wait has been long for fans who hoped the arrival of the brand in this segment. It is clear that the wait (too long anyway) today offers us the presence of premium material "High End" which visually already promises a lot. It's simple, clean, elegant and it exudes quality.
The positioning and pricing of this PRO NINE are high for a model delivering 60 watts, so we are entitled to claim a lot.
Before continuing this discovery, let us specify that this box is guaranteed 2 years by PIPELINE.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 30
- Product Length or Height in mms: 80.5
- Product weight in grams: 272
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Flange
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Of respectable size PIPELINE PRO NINE is a beautiful object. The quality of materials is indisputable for this box manufactured in stainless steel 1.4305 and aluminum.
Its ergonomics are ideal thanks to its shape of "9" (here we know the origin of his surname) and perfectly fit the shape of your right hand.
This form is also due to the use of a battery 26650 which should be a guarantee of a good autonomy.
The different buttons have a very nice touch and their little "click" also shows a good quality.
Spring-loaded pine is beryllium copper * for improved conductivity. It lies on the narrowest part of the mod allowing 22 atomizers and 23 mm diameter to be "flush". The part corresponding to the battery measures it 30 mm.
The OLED screen seems small but it is finally enough because its readability is perfect.
Once the bottom cap of the battery opened (with a coin is the most practical) the bowels are nickels too. This hatch, practical or not it is according to the taste of each, has the merit of being pierced with 2 degassing holes.
At this point, I really have no complaints about this PRO NINE. It makes me think of these beautiful fabrications that are found in car manufacturers across the Rhine. It must also be said that, as for this reference, the rate is the endorsement; so it is better that it is well done.
One last point for this chapter. Below the box you will see a small hole with a copper stud inside. It is a terminal. Pipepline will propose (still in development at the time of writing this review) a reloading base in order to deposit PRO NINE.
* Copper - be or alloy of copper and beryllium (CuBe), if it is recognized for certain specific properties interesting compared to copper alone, such as: better conductivity, better mechanical resistance and some corrosions, does not seem to present a stainless character that would concern us to the highest point. Despite research, I did not find any trace of publication evoking this eventuality, it would be good if your feedbacks instruct us on this point from here to in some time, we count on you.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, vape time display for each puff, vape time display from a certain date, fixed overheat protection for atomizer resistors, variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, temperature control of the atomizer resistors, adjustment of the display brightness, clear diagnostic messages, alphanumeric code diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 26650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging by AC adapter sold separately
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
A PIPELINE has never been easy to use and it is better not to start without apprehending a minimum the thing.
The download of the record is "mandatory" if you want to fully enjoy the many features offered by this mod: http://www.pipeline-store.com/manual/PPNINE/index.html
Power of 5W to 60W
20A output current
Adjustable positive spring mounted
Temperature control (possible with all resistive wires) *
Heat protection mode (internal overheating)
Power Boost mode (great for diesel-type ato mounts).
Bypass mode (unregulated but electronically protected against overloads)
Possible adjustment of the cut-off voltage of the battery from 2,5V to 3V
Display of the battery voltage under atomizer charge
Adjustable screen brightness
Stealth mode, screen off
Setting and displaying the scrolling speed of the menu
Setting the sleep timer
Measurement of the battery capacity (to be taken with care, it is more a measure of the "health" of the battery)
Resistance range of the supported atomizer: from 0,05 to 5Ω
Resistance range of the atomizer supported at 60W: from 0,15 to 2,4Ω
Reverse polarity protection
Load connector under mod (for docking station not included)
* Other : function for resistive wires other than those in the list
Everything is adjustable and configurable on this PIPELINE PRO NINE. It's complete and well done. Of course not all options have a fundamental interest, but it is an excellent chipset that has been developed by DICODES and has been proven for a long time. In this range of High End mods only the DNA 200 (which claims the download of a dedicated software) is even more pointed (which said complex!) But I do not find it more efficient.
When we claim 60 watts to PRO NINE, well the chipset of DICODES delivers 60 watts. It's real and there. To be convinced, just iron his ato on another mod and compare ...
Moreover the manufacturer has no update to propose as the subject is mastered. Adding more power to it would only have the disadvantage of reducing a recognized and proven reliability.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Exit the cardboard packaging of the majority of Chinese production or others. Here the High End status is respected and we are in the presence of a box at the height of this box.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
I use this PIPELINE PRO NINE for several weeks and I recognize that it will be difficult for me to return it to its owner.
Of course, to understand a PIPELINE mode requires a little insight and interest for this type of model. It's beautiful, well done and in a high fare class. At the same time, I find it rewarding to learn and dissect the many possibilities offered by the beautiful. For this type of box high end I am satisfied with this approach and I would even have had a pleasure to share this time. She and I became one. I would have been disappointed to go around in a short time ...
In use I have not encountered any problem. One small downside, I found the chipset a bit of energy when it claims the last third of the available power. I thought that with a battery in 26650 autonomy would be higher. On the other hand with atos and settings-oriented flavors as I used mostly during these tests, there is no problem. Up to 25 watts the life of your battery is excellent.
My only difficulty is being left-handed. And this box is made for right-handed people. Ergonomics will be at the top for them. For me I found my position, but it was upside down to fire with the index finger. If you switch with the palm of your hand between your thumb and forefinger you can find the same comfort as your right hand.
I found that the temperature control was efficient and well managed according to the different resistives. PIPELINE / DICODES recommends the use of wire Dicodes-Wire Resistherm NiFe30 for the best results. There is also a sample provided in the package.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 26650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Up to 23 mm max diameter
- Description of the test configuration used: Squape x and The Hurricane in 0.5 and 0.6 ohms
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I opted for a vape flavors below 25 at 50 watts
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The PIPELINE PRO NINE is of a Germanic rigor.
To the lack of daring or creativity raised by some, I will answer that we are, as is often the case with the German industry, in the high end tried and tested. It's classy and sober. The user will not have to fear possible whims, or other bugs. With the NINE PRO they will enjoy a mod for a long time.
It's clean, well finished and DICODES electronics is of exemplary reliability. For the record the warranty is two years.
This is a beautiful box that was waiting.
Particularly suitable for right-handed, left-handers can still benefit from the excellent ergonomics provided by its 9 form, if they agree to a change of habits.
The price of 229 euros is certainly substantial but in my opinion justified in light of what is proposed by the competition. And then when you push the door of these famous German car dealerships, we know what to expect, as we know why this fare is premium.
I have often referred to this image during the review. These are the impressions I have felt.
As one of the reviewers of the Vapelier often says, you buy or not, it's up to you, it's up to you, according to your desires ... but this mod box PIPEPLINE PRO NINE harvests a top mod.
I reiterate my proposal to exchange information on the antioxidant quality or not Cupro-be for our use, your feedback is welcome, thank you in advance.
Long live the vape and live the free vape.
See you soon,
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.