- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Titanide
- Price of the tested product: 588 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.25 (VW) - 0,15 (TC)
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
After the mechanical mods, Titanide presents us its first electronic box equipped with a DNA75 chipset. Titanique is a renowned French moderator who offers a category of high-end products rigorously worked and of exceptional quality. The Panache, is an electronic box that honors Titanide and French know-how with 4 removable panels all around the box, and the switch and titanium carbide adjustment knobs, micro-ballasted finish.
Its size is not very big and its indisputable elegance offers a very refined vision of the product that only needs to be personalized. This box offers a power of 75W with a temperature control mode common to all boxes in the market between 100 and 300 ° C. Resistances will be accepted from 0.25 Ω in power mode and 0.15Ω in TC mode, however, it will be necessary to insert an accumulator with a minimum discharge current of 25 Amperes for safe operation.
The Panache box is guaranteed 2 years by its manufacturer.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 23.6 X 41,6
- Product Length or Height in mms: 83.6
- Product weight in grams: 218 with battery
- Materials composing the product: Titanium grade 5, Brass, stainless steel 420
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Titanium mechanics on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- UI Button Type: Titanium Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 5
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Question quality, we are on an exceptional product. The 4 panels around the box are made of 5 grade micro-bored titanium carbide treated with anti-scratch (for micro scratches of friction only), very strong and light. No screws are visible, the assembly of the box is done by the inside and the facades end the mod by closing with large magnets encrusted on the inner side of each panel that is very easy to remove.
The body inside the box is 420 stainless steel. Nothing to say, everything is clean until the inscriptions that we discover whose name box and on the other side, the Titanide logo, the sense of polarity of the battery and the "made in France".
Under the box are also engraved "Titanide", "made in France" and the serial number.
The 510 connection provides inlay airflow control and a spring-mounted brass pin to allow the associated atomizer to be flush.
All the panels are gray and the edges with the front face are anthracite. The colors give an elegant look by their sobriety and the two tones cut and agree wonderfully.
On the front, we discover the switch and gray titanium adjustment buttons that have a size quite comfortable and proportionate. The 0.91 OLED screen "is perfectly visible and a good brightness. It displays the remaining capacity in the form of an accumulator, the value of the resistance, the voltage of vape and the intensity provided are next on 3 lines. Large on this screen, we have the power applied. On the bottom of the mod, an opening allows to connect a micro USB cable, for reloading or updating the chipset DNA75 on the site ofEvolv via the Escribe software that upgrades it in addition to all the other options it offers.
The sobriety of this box has two advantages, first are simple elegance and refined but it is especially an advantage to customize. The panels being removable, it is very simple to have it engraved or to modify its appearance by processes that are unknown to me but that Titanide proposes. Thus, you have a unique box numbered but also, exceptional and exclusive.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features of the Panache depend on the chipset. The DNA 75 Evolv is a module particularly known and widespread for its excellent rendering, with a smooth vape and a particularly interesting accuracy of execution. The possibilities are numerous and the assets are not lacking:
The vape modes: They are standard with a power mode from 1 to 75W that is used in Kanthal with a threshold resistance of 0.25Ω and a temperature control mode from 100 to 300 ° C (or 200 to 600 ° F) with Ni200 resistive, SS316, titanium, SS304 and TCR which will include the heating coefficient of the resistive used. The threshold resistance will be 0.15Ω in temperature control mode. Be careful when using batteries that provide at least 25A from CDM.
The screen display: The screen gives all the necessary indications, the power you have set or the temperature display if you are in TC mode, the battery indicator for its charge status, the display of the voltage supplied to the atomizer when one vape and of course, the value of your resistance.
Different modes: You can use different modes depending on the circumstances or needs, so the DNA 75 offers Locked mode so that the box does not trigger in a bag, it inhibits the switch. Stealth mode allows you to turn off the screen. Lock locked mode (Power locked mode) to prevent the value of power or temperature from unexpectedly shifting. Locking the resistance (Resistance lock), keeps a stable value of it cold. And finally the setting of the maximum temperature (Max temperature adjust) allows you to save the setting of the maximum temperature you want to apply.
Preheating: In preheat or temperature control, Preheat allows you to preheat the multi-strand coils at high power (adjustable), which tend to respond late to the pulse signal.
The detection of a new atomizer: This box detects the atomizer change, it is imperative therefore to always place atomizers with resistance at room temperature.
Profiles: It is also possible to create 8 different profiles with a prerecorded power or temperature to use a different atomizer, depending on the resistive wire used or its value, without the need to set each time your box.
Error messages: Check Atomizer, Check Weak battery, Check Battery, Temperature protected, Ohms too high, Ohm too Low, Too hot.
Screen Saver: Automatically turn off the screen after 30 seconds (adjustable via Escribe).
Charging function: It allows to recharge the battery without taking it out of its slot, thanks to the USB / micro USB cable connected to the PC. It also allows you to connect to the Evolv site to customize your box by Escribe.
- No resistance
- Protects from short circuits
- Signals when the battery is low
- Protects deep discharges
- Cut in case of excessive heating of the chipset
- Prevents if the resistance is too high or too low
- Cut in case of resistance temperature too high
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
This conditioning is very impressive, but at the height of its price.
In a thick white cardboard box, is marked the name of the manufacturer with manually entered, on the side, the serial number corresponding to that of the box. You then discover an imposing case all in black leather with the name Titanide "engraved", silver color on the top. The opening of this case reveals an interior all in black velvet with the box and the cable extended on a post-formed foam velvet. On the inside the top of the box is equipped with two small LEDs which light up when opening, there is also a pocket which contains a titanium card which is the certificate of authenticity with the serial number engraved on it , accompanied by the bilingual French / English manual.
To summarize the content, you have:
• 1 box Panache DNA75
• 1 micro-USB cable
• 1 user manual
• 1 authenticity card
• A very beautiful case, worthy of jewelery.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, you use a DNA75, a module perfectly honed and recognized quality for obtaining a vape smooth, well regulated. Panache is also very responsive and provides the required power without flinching and without heating. Its use is simple and the buttons are easy to handle.
If you have pre-set one or more of the 8 profiles, as soon as you switch on (5clicks on the Switch), you are necessarily on one of them. Each profile is intended for a different resistive:
kanthal, nickel200, SS316, Titanium, SS304, SS316L, SS304 and No Preheat (to choose a new resistive) and the screen is as follows:
- Battery charge
- Value of resistance
- Temperature limit
- Name of the resistive used
- And power to which you're vaping displayed at wholesale
Whatever your profile is the display that you have
To lock the box just press 5 once on the Switch very quickly, the same operation is necessary to unlock it.
You can lock the control knobs and continue to vape by simultaneously pressing [+] and [-].
To change the profile, it is necessary to have first locked the adjustment buttons and then press the [+] twice. Then, just scroll through the profiles and validate your choice by switching.
Finally, in TC mode, you can change the temperature limit, you must first lock the box, simultaneously press the [+] and [-] during 2 seconds and proceed to the adjustment.
For the stealth mode that turns off your screen in use, just lock the box and hold for 5 seconds switch and [-].
To calibrate the resistance, it is imperative to do this when the resistance is at room temperature (so without having heated it before). You lock the box and it is necessary to maintain during 2 seconds the switch and the [+].
It is also possible to modify the display of your screen, graphically visualize the work of your box, customize the settings and many other things, but for that, it is necessary to download Escribe via the micro USB cable on the site of Evolv (https://www.evolvapor.com/products/dna75)
Select the DNA75 chipset and download.
After downloading, you will need to install it. It should be noted that Mac users will not find a version for them. However, it is possible to get around this by virtualizing a Windows on your Mac. You will find a way of doing that works HERE.
Once the installation is complete, you can plug in your box (on) and start the program. Thus, you have the possibility to modify at your convenience the parameters of the Panache or to update your chipset by selecting "tools" then update the firmware.
To perfect it all, it is important to know that this product is not too energy efficient and has a good autonomy.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: 18650 (25A mini)
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All up to 23mm in diameter except the BF
- Description of the test configuration used: with the Ultimo in 1 ohm clapton then 0.3 ohm and the Aromamizer in 0.5 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: With a construction that does not require more than 40W to maintain a proper autonomy.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
Some examples of customizations ...
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Panache Titanide is sumptuous but certainly it has a cost that is not negligible. Designed with materials of excellence, it has a sleek aesthetic that leaves room for customization. Its shape and especially its size allow to have in hand a light product and adapted for the daily vape. No need for a screwdriver to change the battery, since it is through magnets that everything happens.
Equipped with DNA 75, you have the assurance that all protections are assured, its operation is perfect but not always very simple when we do not know it. It will certainly fumble at the beginning to find the right settings but like everything, it will be done in time.
The only downside for the DNA 75 is the customization and the various settings that will have to be executed via the Evolv site by Escribe. All the help is in English (except Escribe) and it is not always easy to know where we are going, nevertheless with perseverance, we find ourselves there and the forums are nests of information.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.