- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 79.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
General manufacturer if any, Aspire offers its version of "all 1" with this kit Plato.
Box equipped with a clearomiser offering several configurations, it is a complete setup and ready to use that we have in the hands.
Its complete package and its "correct" rate are a golden opportunity to crush one last one in order to reach - for people looking for smoking cessation - the millions of users of the personal vaporizer.
Given the number of colors offered and the number of custodians of the brand; it should not be too difficult.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 87.5
- Product weight in grams: 190
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
With Plato, we are in the presence of a relatively light box, under the 200 grs. Its modest dimensions make it a discreet setup that will pass relatively unnoticed.
At first glance and as generally at Aspire, the quality of manufacture seems to be at the rendezvous. Nevertheless a lot of plastic (in spite of the aluminum frame) with the "cheap" aspect composes it and I am not assured (reassured would be a bit strong as a term) on the reliability in the longer term than that reserved for this evaluation.
The atomizer part is completely removable, thus facilitating stewardship. The joint system is original and here too, the quality is correct.
The filling is done from the top and another hole at the bottom is present for the juice draining. You have understood, in case of intervention on the resistance, the maintenance must be carried out the empty tank.
The buttons of the different settings are responsive and well kept in their homes; the box will not play castanets with each movement.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner - Hybrid
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the Current vape voltage, Current vape power display, Fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, Temperature control of atomizer resistors, Supports firmware update
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 8.1
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Plato benefits from the 3 modes usually found on this type of material. VW, bypass and CT.
The VW corresponds to the variable wattage mode, adjustable from 1 to 50W and accepting resistances from 0,1 to 3 Ω.
The CT mode corresponds to the temperature control and allows the use of nickel or titanium resistances from 0,05 Ω.
The bypass is a mode of vape that wants to be "meca" for a single management of the battery. Aspire estimating this useless mode on his Plato - although present on our test box - it is deleted as soon as the software is updated via the USB socket.
To return to this USB socket, it offers the possibility of a connection via a PC to update its electronics (firmware upgradable) and of course allows the reloading of the battery 18650.
A criticism on this point, it is not possible to vape (passtrough) during recharge, when most of its competitors allow it.
On the other hand, mention well on the OLED screen. It is gyroscopic and will follow your movements. For the rest, it displays the information of the various menus detailed above and is rather readable.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Beautiful setting that offers us Aspire for this Plato.
The set is complete, accompanied by a notice in several languages including French.
This packaging also includes 2 drip-tips, a Delrin for sub-ohm (direct inhalation), a more classic stainless and matching resistors.
Rather rare, the equipment is delivered with a battery, thus making the price of the set "correct" as I mentioned in the chapter relating to packaging.
Also present are spare gaskets and the USB cord.
This is a beautiful set complete and ready to use that will not cause additional costs for its implementation.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
It should be considered that this material is primarily intended for first-time vapers or other novice vapers. If more experienced users will be able to find their happiness, we must also recognize that for the most savvy the ergonomics of the chipset of the Plato is quite confusing.
Five clicks on the fire button do not turn off the box, they lock it. To turn it off, you have to press three seconds. To switch to stealth mode, you have to press the switch three times.
Another inconvenience, the buttons [+] and [-] are reversed, the [+] being on the left. All this is not very intuitive and I had to repeat the instructions several times to find me. So we must ignore his habits, reset our own internal software before we can vaper.
At the vape precisely. With the CVC resistance of 1,8 ohm, Aspire recommends a use between 10 and 13 W. At this power, I revisit my debut in the vape on Aspire K1 but this volume of steam no longer suits me. The restoration of flavors is at the level of a BVC but the airflow below the box offers more possibilities than we had at the time. We can go from a very tight vape to a more aerial draw by turning it and specify that I have not been a victim of leaks.
With sub-ohm resistance at 40 and 50w and wide open airflow, the Plato produces a much denser volume of vapor. Of course, this mode appealed to me more and I found the flavor rendering satisfactory for non-reconstructable proprietary resistors.
It should be noted that these are derived from proven models of the brand such as Triton and Nautilus. Their price is a bit high but their longevity is quite correct.
To conclude this chapter, I would say that the autonomy of the battery is rather good and that the capacity of the tank can vaper quite a bit before reloading in juice. This one is of 4,6 ml, brought to 5,6 with the more traditional resistances of the kit.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A classic fiber, In sub-ohm mounting
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Integrated
- Description of the test configuration used: Each of the proposed 2 types of resistors
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Sub-ohm resistance
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Aspire Plato is an honest setup to start in the world of the vape.
Its sober, discreet appearance and versatility will make it a daily asset.
The advantage of this "all in one" is also that everything is included. The battery is delivered originally and once charged it is really ready for use.
The capacity of the tank is correct and the return of flavors is sufficient for a good start in cloud circles.
This versatility, we find it also in the styles of vape accessible via the various resistances offered. From "basic" to more consequent.
I can not describe in an explicit and detailed way my lack of enthusiasm and this passable grade that I attribute to him.
Certainly, I did not appreciate the ergonomics of its chipset and the absence of mode "passthrough" to vaper at the same time as the recharging of the battery. But at this stage, nothing unacceptable.
Come on, I'll try to defend my position by expressing my fear about the longevity of the beast. The set is well made and neat but I find a small side "cheap" with all its plastics that do not inspire me absolute confidence.
I quibble? is. So do yourself an opinion and especially made us share your feedback on the Vapelier.
Long live the vape and the free vape,
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.