- [/ if] Price of the tested product: 189 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 20 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.4
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
More recently, the Pipeline Pro was, at its release, a revolution in electronic mods. Because, made in Germany by Dicodes, it presented itself as a finally credible alternative to Provari which, at that time, reigned supreme on luxury mod, commercially and qualitatively.
A little less expensive than its rival, it showed a significant power gain and new features to stand out from the American reference. The bet was playable because the German debuted on the market with a serious desire to fight and assets in his sleeve.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 98.5
- Product weight in grams: 115
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
At exceptional price, the consumer is entitled to expect an exceptional manufacture. The Pipeline Pro has no deadlock or clumsiness. The switch button is very pleasant and enduring even if its sensitivity sometimes makes it subject to double clicks that open the menu. The bottom cap is a goldsmith piece with a thread that still could largely be school and the sober finish seems timeless as its quality alongside perfection.
After months of use, more or less important traces due to shocks or intensive use can appear but do not affect the ability of the mod to work imperturbably.
Moreover, the manufacturer was not mistaken since, to my knowledge, it is the only mod that offers a two-year warranty.
- Type of chipset used: Alternative, Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the power of the vape course, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Adjustment of the display brightness, Diagnostic messages by alphanumeric codes
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The big novelty of this mod is to bring a new way to smooth the output using AC rather than DC. The oscillation is therefore at a frequency of 200khz and gives a perfectly linear rendering. In addition, without being an electronics specialist, I noticed that the autonomy was higher, with accu and equal power, than that of other mods of the same type.
The mod also offers a function called "Heat Protection", adjustable, whose impact on the quality of vape is not to be minimized. Indeed, this function creates micro-cuts according to a delay that the user can define, which makes it possible to keep the coil an equal temperature (or at least to avoid overheating) in order to equalize the rendering of the flavors on the duration of the puff.
We can just blame a fairly complex menu requiring a time of adaptation and an error management that requires the user to intervene to make the mod again functional.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It seems that all consumers who bought this mod did not receive equal treatment for the packaging. So, I received mine in an elegant aluminum tube type cigar case and a notice in French. But this is not the case for everyone.
In short, I can only judge the packaging that I personally had in my hands during my delivery so I invite any prospective buyer interested in inquiring with his merchant to learn more. However, it is unfortunate to note such disparities that only a reduction in production costs could explain, which would be relatively petty considering the serious price of the object.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for a Jean back pocket (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, the mod is at the height of its technical specifications. Extremely stable on 98% of battery life (I personally noticed a slight drop in power when the battery is at its limit and the mod tells us by a blink), it makes a vape effective and smooth, magnifying the flavors.
However, it is not free of defects. The switch, which is also very pleasant to use, has a hard time withstand two pressures quickly made in a row and we switch quickly in the menu instead of firing.
The Heat Protection, disengaged, is effective but may not be suitable for everyone because, as it contains the heat resistance by micro-cuts, it can also give a rendering "less power" of the vape.
The mod is also equipped with a very useful function that allows the user to decide at what level of battery voltage the mod must prevent it and stop. Thus, IMR batteries that support very well a large discharge to maintain their charging potential seem particularly appropriate and the user can adjust the threshold around 2.5V. On the other hand, Lithium-Ion batteries do not support such a large discharge and to use them in this way on this mod will inevitably alter their lifespan.
The manufacturer recommends the use of AW batteries for this mod.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer whose diameter does not exceed 23mm (for obvious aesthetic reasons). The mod goes down to 0.4Ω, so it can theoretically be used in sub-ohmming but do not expect a result equivalent to that of a mechain in this case.
- Description of the test configuration used: Pipeline Pro + HC in 1.5Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A beautiful atomizer rebuildable to your taste will be naturally at ease.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
So, the Pipeline, a Provari killer ????
No, because these two mods are impossible to compare. It would be like comparing a Rolls and a Ferrari. Two mods of high quality but do not play at all on the same ground. Without wanting to minimize the Provari, which still retains top-of-the-line tasting performances for vapers who are quietly vaping without worrying about raw power, the Pipeline represented a significant evolution towards a more powerful, more technological product. while maintaining its reliability and exemplary robustness.
Beautiful because sober. Powerful and autonomous. A little geek but never down. A real success that marked its time by imposing a new technique without sacrificing the reliability of use as was the Semovar that has experienced many problems of reliability post-marketing. And others before and after him.
Today, he keeps all his qualities intact. Just like its almost twin the Dicodes Extreme. Of course, the world of electro mods has entered an unbridled race to power and 20W now seem almost ridiculous compared to what mods of the latest generation can offer but it will continue to send its 20 small watts for so long in your daily vape that at the time of a purchase at this price, it is always a credible candidate.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.