- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 75.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod Type: Electronic Bottom Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 100W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf must be in all segments of the market and to follow the box bottom feeder mode, it is the pico range that has been chosen to accommodate this type of equipment.
After a first version very inexpensive and not super qualitative, the second opus of the Squeeze seems to take a much more interesting way.
A design much more worked, the arrival of a chipset capable of reaching the 100W and having all the modes usually present on an electro box, and finally, the possibility of using 18650, 20700 and 21700 batteries. That's all that happens with this second version.
A novelty that seems at first glance very promising, the price is logically higher, so let's see if this Squeeze 2 keeps all its promises.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 28
- Product Length or Height in mm: 78
- Product weight in grams: 250
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
This new Pico Squeeze does not have much to do with his little sister. She keeps the general shape of the family Pico with its "little cap" for the battery door but that's about it. At the first grip, we see immediately that the beautiful is "gentrified" is probably the most luxurious version in the range Pico.
The design is very successful. The combination of black lacquered metal and raw metal is very harmonious to the eye. It has a massive side that is reinforced by its weight. This weight is both a disadvantage but also an advantage because it is one of the components of the impression of quality that emerges from the beautiful.
On the Top-Cap, there is a 510 connection pierced in its center capable of accommodating without any harm the atomizers up to 28mm. Next door, the small cap to unscrew to access the battery compartment.
On the face is a raw metal insert that includes the small screen and a double round +/- button. One of the slices accommodates the compartment for the bottle of 8ml, the latter is partially closed by a hood, also raw metal. It is held in place by a magnet and two small rails.
On the back of the box, there is the micro USB port at the bottom, unlike a Fire button adopts the same shape as the +/- button and is also found in a raw metal area.
A rather careful realization that one would not necessarily associate with Eleaf if the box did not bear the mark.
As for the dripper, it's very simple. A very basic 24mm atomizer that rounds at the top and is covered with a fairly short drip-tip 810 type matching the color of the box.
There is only one vent of a large size that we can vary the size. The plateau equipped with post eccentric offers to accommodate a simple Coil. Note the presence in the pack of a small housing that has streaks over its entire apparent surface and which surrounds the base to give it the same aesthetic appearance as the side of the cap of the battery door.
Frankly, this box is really pleasing to the eye, Eleaf has both kept the spirit of the series of Pico, while doing a real good on the qualitative feeling.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short-circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, showing the vape time of each puff, displaying the vape time since a certain date, controlling the temperature of the atomizer resistors
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 28
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
As one might suspect squeeze 2 has been endowed with all possible modes with the arrival of this chipset and its screen. Variable power mode, Bypass, temperature control (TI, Ni, and SS), TCR, in short, nothing is missing.
Power may vary from 1 to 100W and temperature control from 100 to 315 ° C. The minimum value of the 0.05Ω resistor will be the same regardless of the selected mode. The maximum limit it, differs, it will be of 3Ω in variable power or by-pass and it will be 1.5Ω in temperature control.
We also find in the list of its equipment, the new chip Avatar which ensures a very good reactivity to shoot. The box has all the essential devices for safe use, again, nothing surprising.
The autonomy will be depending on the battery chosen, it will necessarily be more important with an 21700.
The box offers a quick charge function to 2A via the micro USB port.
The bottom feeder system is very classic, a silicone bottle of 8ml that is pressed to bring the liquid up to the dripper. The bottle is lit by an LED whose color can be changed.
The dripper is intended to work with a Coil. The top-cap forms a cupola to ensure a good return of flavor. The air is distributed through a single opening that passes through the body of the atomizer on a slightly inclined plane. The opening can vary by rotating the top-cap.
Le coral 2, yes that's how it is called, is equipped by default Pin Bottom Feeder but there is a classic Pin in the pack to use it on a regular Box.
A kit that obviously has everything you need to satisfy you.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Eleaf go black for this new Kit. Indeed, exit the traditional white box, instead a sleek black box that receives only the name of the brand. It is surrounded by a black cardboard sleeve with a picture of the kit.
On the other sides of this skin, as usual, are information on the content of the pack, the authentication code, the various digital touchpoints of the brand and of course, the normative logos.
Inside, the kit includes the box, the Dripper, Coils, screw joints, a multifunction tool, a replacement bottle, an adapter for 18650, simple pin for the Dripper. The kit is complete, as always we will also find a manual for the Box and a manual for the Dripper both being translated into French.
A kit perfectly in line with the expectations of consumers who will only have to buy a battery and a vial of liquid to start.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple handkerchief
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Squeeze 2 is compact enough to suit a nomadic use, only its weight (almost 300g, atomizer and accu included) may be able to curb some. The ergonomics are not bad but the central rear position of the switch requires a little time of adaptation to find the right grip. Incidentally, we also regret that the screen is hidden by your hand during use, which is not necessarily practical.
Orders are easy to tame. The traditional 5 clicks to turn on or off. En route 3 clicks to open the mode change menu, then the +/- button is used to switch from one mode to another. The main setup menu is accessible by pressing the + and fire buttons simultaneously. The orders are therefore simple and are all presented in the instructions for use.
The Box responds well, the Avatar chip seems to be doing its job well.
The filling of the vial is very simple, just remove the metal cover, remove the vial, fill it and put it back in place without pressing it otherwise it will inevitably overflow on your little fingers.
Electronics works very well and we can welcome the good management of the battery. Battery that you can recharge quickly via the micro USB port, thanks to the fast charge function.
Le Coral 2 is easy to implement. The Coil is easily put in place and the cotton is dosed without any harm. The airflow is also simple to manage, we simply turn the top course and voila.
Airy, it offers a good restitution of flavors and is able to make beautiful little clouds.
An effective kit and easy enough to live.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? dripper bottom feeder
- Description of the test configuration used: As is with a resistance at home to 0.5Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the kit is perfectly correct as it stands
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Eleaf change completely with this 2 number of the Squeeze. The first was very cheap but it was a little too modest both in terms of presentation and on a technical level.
The second opus changes completely. The style is neat with this combination of painted steel and raw steel. The level of finish is up sharply, we are at the level of a product of superior range Joyetech. A chipset and a screen are emerging with, of course, all operating modes bypass, variable power and temperature control.
The use is rather easy, even if some ergonomic choices are questionable. The position of the switch in opposition to the screen and the +/- button makes it almost impossible to see the screen when you shoot, at least if you want the decision remains comfortable.
Le Coral 2 which is proposed to you is well adapted, it is not the most extraordinary of the Drippers present on the market but it is still not bad and in any case, it surpasse largely the coral first name.
A beautiful product and an effective kit, this new album completely erases the original version. Is this the sign of a real change of course for the leader of the discount product? To see this Pico Squeeze 2 and its tariff level, it could look like it. What is certain is that if you are looking for a Box Bottom Feeder, the Pico Squeeze 2 represents, I think, a good option.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.