- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Titanide
- Price of the tested product: 176 Euros (18650)
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum Voltage: Mechanical mod, the voltage will depend on the batteries and their type of mounting (series or parallel)
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Titanide is a hexagonal manufacturer of internationally renowned vaping equipment. In the era of electronic technology coupled with digital, boxes that compete in functionality and power delivered, at all connected and so on, Titanide manufactures and offers mash mods!
Singular option of positioning on the current market will you say, certainly, the general "dés-enfoument" for this style of mod, could mean the end of the production for simple reasons of profitability. But it is without counting on the French exception, which annoys moult decision makers overseas (among others), at all levels besides, (cheeses, in the cinema, while passing by Villepin with the UN ....) , Titanide does mecha point mods.
Mecas of high technology please, the kind guaranteed for life, with performances close to perfection, in terms of conductivity in particular. Not given for sure, but day after day, and the more time passes, the more your return on investment turns out to be profitable. Remember that in any place (authorized), and under any circumstances, as long as your ato is functional, full of good juice and you have charged "high drain" batteries, you will steam; the mecan has no breakdown, which makes him the essential companion of any vaper, especially in a situation of displacement.
Ladies, you are in the limelight at Titanide, who declines his superb mods in 6 formats accepting 3,7V, 26, 18 and 14mm tubular accumulators. Their shape is also a tribute to the curves of which you are the most representative. The customization of your Phoebe is also provided by this manufacturer, it is normal, a unique object for unique people, for all life.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 96
- Product weight in grams: 105 (with 18650 iMR battery)
- Materials composing the product: Titanium, Brass, Gold
- Form Factor Type: Concave Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The object consists of three main pieces in titanium: the body, the top-cap, and the switch, plus The locking ferrule, gold-plated 24 carats.
The top-cap is machined in the mass of a titanium block, its positive brass pin (gold plated 24 carats) passes through an insulator resistant to temperature rises, it is not adjustable because the setting option of race depending on the type of battery (flat or button top) operates via the switch contact screw, we will come back. 4 slots provide an air supply to atos who ask for "from below".
We can however adjust any ato on this top-cap, because non-adjustable does not mean non-adjustable, it is the case of the pin embedded in its "o ring" insulation, once your ato positioned, make sure you just have effective contact between the positive pins, by tapping all together on a wooden support for example.
The titanium body receives the battery, it is "shapé" to ensure optimum ergonomics and elegant aesthetics. The T logo of Titanide is a functional signature, engraved with laser through the material, in 2 parts, it will ensure the essential presence of the degassing vent that any mod must hold, especially mech, unprotected electronically.
In the lower part it receives a locking ferrule, screwed it allows free movement to the switch, and unscrewed it blocks it mechanically.
The bottom-cap is the mobile part of the mod is the classic switch ass (the expression is not mine, it is a bit vulgar I grant you, but well image the function and its placement) . The switch is removable and its positive pin brass, can be adjusted in length by means of rings (washers) that you add or remove depending on the type of battery, flat or button-top and depending on the position of the positive pin of the top -cap once your ato mounted flush; once adjusted and screwed again, it will not move.
As we are talking here about the series of mods Phoebe, here for each of them the physical characteristics, knowing that they are all in titanium and that only the shell of the 26650 differs from the others because it is treated like the rest of the mod, without gold plating.
Phébé 14500 : Diameter 16mm at the finest - 17,8mm at the thickest. Length 74,7mm - empty weight 30g. Battery type: 14500 IMR or Li-Ion. (price dealer : 149 €)
Phébé 14650 : Diameter 16mm at the finest - 17,8mm at the thickest. Length 90,3mm - empty weight 35g. Battery type: 14650 IMR or Li-Ion. (Price dealer : 159 €)
Phébé 18350 : Diameter 20mm at the finest - 22mm at the thickest. Length 66mm - empty weight 50g. Battery type: 18350 IMR or Li-Ion. (Price dealer : 156 €)
Phébé 18500 : Diameter 20mm at the finest - 22mm at the thickest. Length 80mm - empty weight 55g. Battery type: 18500 IMR or Li-Ion. (Price dealer 166 €)
Phébé 18650 : Diameter 20mm at the finest - 22mm at the thickest. Length 96mm - empty weight 59,7g. Battery type: 18650 IMR or Li-Ion. (Price dealer 176 €)
And finally Phébé 26650 : Diameter 28mm at the finest - 30mm at the thickest. Length 96mm - empty weight 96g. Battery type: 26650 IMR or Li-Ion. (Price dealer 239 €)
We went around these mods in terms of the material and the way, durable materials, stainless, perfectly adapted to the needs. The asking price for these unique pieces is for the moment fully justified.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the atomizer's positive pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes technically it is able, but it is not recommended by the manufacturer
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
We do not ask much of a mod mecha, he accepts without play the battery that concerns him, that his switch does not hang, that it can be locked and above all, that he drives the electrons without drop -volt (voltage loss), up to our atomizer.
Due to the quality of the materials and the know-how of the craftsmen, the Phébé do not know any problem on any mechanical level. The conductivity of the materials used as well as the perfect assemblies (no screws, nets) conductive elements, place these mods among the best mechains on the market.
Drop-volt is insignificant and can only be controlled with precision tools (Metrix at 1 / 1000e of volt), to observe 0,0041V of difference between the voltage at the exit of the battery, and that measured at the top-cap between the 510 thread and the positive pin, that is to say not heavy. Your vape in mecha will be more authentic and you will more effectively see the level of discharge of the battery, which begins to alter your feelings. For my part with an ato DC 0,5 ohm from the threshold of 3,5V reached, I change the battery, and ends the started in an electro box, in order to discharge it to 3,3V before reloading.
It will be your accusers who will determine the quality of your vape. Among these mods there are of course, that do not allow to vape the day or 10ml, to 0,3ohm, I mean 14 (650 and 500) and 18 (350 and 500), and that's not due to the mods, but to the performances of the batteries concerned. You will therefore reserve these mech for particular situations or a vape near the ohm or 1,5 ohm, being careful to predict what to replace your discharged batteries (is not it ladies?).
18650 and 26650 are by far the most efficient and best suited batteries for a daily sub-ohm vape. It is therefore not surprising that they take my preference with the associated Phoebe, a quick response, no significant heating (even 0,25ohm) and for the 26, 0,5ohm, a day of quiet vape (10ml without changing battery ).
A last recommendation to the neophytes tempted by the experiment: whatever your mod, always envisage charges IMR (or Li-Po - Li Ion) with strong capacity of discharge (expressed in ampere on the batteries) and not less than 25A. Below 10A your fixtures should not go down under 1ohm for security.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Your Phoebe comes to you in a black box stamped Titanide. Inside the box drawer, a padded foam "black velvet" contains your mod, or your set-up if it's your choice.
The picture shows a set-up 18650, we will see further details of the ato. It also exists in 14650.
A brief note accompanies your purchase, mods mecas are more intended for a discerning clientele and the simplicity of use and maintenance of mods Titanide, does not require a detailed user manual. The packaging is original in its design, it is not exceptional but protects your acquisition effectively.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The simplicity of use, goes with this type of mod. The 26650 is supplied with battery stop seals (o-ring), for use with an 26650 Li-Ion (Lithium Cobalt Oxide) battery, it will be sufficient to replace the battery's 2mm (originally fitted) with an 1,5mm gasket (supplied).
You can also unscrew the internal brass screw with a flat screwdriver (not supplied) and remove one or more of the 4 washers from the switch for even more precise adjustment.
The other Phoebe all have a possible setting by the switch, and the washers. We have seen that the Phébé 14 and 18 (350 and 500) are not indicated for the sub-ohm due to the slightly weak performance of the batteries they ship. Titanide therefore offers set-up with clearomizer and BVC (bottom vertical coil) resistance (kangertech): the Hybrid Phébé including the 18650 289 €, composed of the mod Titanide Phébé 18650, a "Hybrid Head" 22 mm cut titanium in the mass, brass contact (mod part), compatible Kanger BDC and VOCC resistor (base part). Integrated airflow (3 x1.2mm), silicone seal to food standards (base part).
Titanide Clearomizer 22. Screw: Titanide 22 Hybrid in titanium cut in the mass, Pyrex tank capacity: 2,5ml, resistance: Kanger BDC (bottom dual coil) and VOCC (vertical organic cotton coil) 1,5 ohm. Length: 40,7 mm Weight: 32g. 1 drip-tip Titanide Curve Gold.
In detail on the photos below.
The 14650 269 Hybrid Phoebe version has the same functional characteristics with a reserve capacity of 1,5ml, because of the total diameter reduced to 18mm for this set-up.
These atomizers are rather tight vapors, the resistances used already dating from a few years and are not adapted to the vape in sub-ohm or the strong powers. Titanide has also planned new models of heads, more up to date, which will soon appear at authorized dealers.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Sub-ohm mount, Genesis rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all ato in 22mm, resistances up to 1,5 ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: 1 X 18650 - 35A, Royal Mini Hunter, Mini Goblin, Mirage EVO between 0,25 and 0,8ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: 25A minimum "high drain" battery in continuous discharge, an ato to 0,5ohm.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The vape as it is conceived nowadays has evolved a lot in a few years, the regular vapoteurs, those who put an end to their addiction to smoking tobacco thanks to the vape, and this since at least 3 years, have certainly started with a mod mecha, in 18 of battery diameter.
Despite the meteoric development of mods and boxes electros which, it is true, makes us a lot of services in terms of security, features, autonomy, mod mecha remains a safe bet for enlightened amateurs.
It never breaks down, it is appreciable you can believe me, it can be used in any weather without risking to deteriorate (I sail in a dinghy, it would not come to me to take anything other than mecan for the salt water ballad). It is the safest way to vape wherever you are, wherever you go.
Yet it must be reliable, solid and a perfect conductivity, it is exactly what represents a Titanide mecanism. Sober, elegant, light-hearted is a jewel without any fault, his name is Phoebe, daughter of Ouranos (Heaven) and Gaia (Earth), offspring of the Titans, made of the same metal, you will keep it for life , without it being destroyed in anything, its creators will ensure that your tool remains, which box electro you propose so much?
I wish you to fall for this wonder as I did with Astéria, (a cousin of the same caliber), it is expensive, it is like you, unique.
Excellent vape to you, in Meca obviously.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.