- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 69.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 70 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Last generation box at Aspire, the Pegasus offers maximum power of 70W with the now unavoidable temperature control (reserved for nickel and titanium resistors). The quality of the products of this manufacturer are found in this material for a price content. It's happy because there are no surprises or special innovations with the Pegasus, at most its ergonomics.
It includes an 18650 battery (not supplied) which you will ensure compatibility: flat top, 20A minimum.
Let's see this in detail.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 45.7
- Product Length or Height in mms: 91.3
- Product weight in grams: 169
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - Round VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Adjustment Knob
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
As soon as you get hold of it, you feel its weight (170g to which you will add 50g of battery and the atomizer), the rounded shape of the battery housing is positioned naturally in the palm, this box is studied for a manipulation to the index (firing and adjustments), but the reverse grip is possible too, although less pleasant.
Opening the cover to insert the battery is done with a finger, press and pulling it to the outside, it opens and remains adjacent to the box. This removable part has 6 venting vents.
No screws or magnets, no possibility of losing part of the set, this closure option is part of the ergonomic originality of this box.
The functional side of the OLED screen, protected behind a Pegasus body length PMMA plate, contains only the "firing" switch. The width of this side is 18mm.
Adjustments are made by means of a metal wheel which protrudes slightly on both sides of the thin part, on the front of the body, on the screen side, near the top cap. Its diameter is 21,5mm.
Here is the other functional feature, this notched wheel replaces the traditional buttons, it has the advantage of being insensitive to involuntary pressures, its circular stroke is relatively hard, which makes this system a reliable and almost foolproof then same as you will not lock your settings.
The stainless steel top cap is equipped with a floating pin for the flush mounting of most atomizers (the Magma scarcely reaches the 1,2mm). Its diameter is 23,3mm. It allows the air intake from below.
The Pegasus test is a "brushed chrome" version quite sensitive to fingerprints and fragile to scratches.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
In operation, at the very beginning, as soon as the battery is inserted with a stainless steel ato, the box offers 18w of power, after the 5 start-up clicks. This is a native setting, you need to "switch" 3 seconds to access the VW mode, automatic recognition of the resistance value is made from the ato mounted.
From then on you are able to choose the power you want to vaper in increments of 1W, from 1 to 70W.
With a Ni 200 mount you can switch to TC mode by switching 3 seconds (if your battery is a little weak it can take twice as long).
The power delivered then will be of 30W during the detection of the new ato, having changed mode of adjustment. This first "pulse" is not configurable, but essential for the system to calculate and parameterize the functions according to the existing configuration. From now on, you can set your heating temperature, in increments of 10 ° F, from 200 to 600 ° F.
In VW mode the minimum resistance is 0,2 ohm
In TC mode the minimum resistance is 0,1 ohm
Note that you can vaper 12 s before cutoff (Over 12S).
The Pegasus is expressed in ° F (Fahrenheit) you have to calculate yourself the concordance with the ° Celsius, the conversion is your responsibility, to help you go see you You can consult it by clicking here..
The safeties common to all the current regulated mods are present, the minimum charge of the battery will generate a warning message: Low Battery to 3,3V. It will be time to recharge it via the USB cable provided (output 5V) and you can continue to vape during this time (if the battery can not accept the power requested by lack of fishing, the box will manage it in declining increments of 10W until "wattage" tolerated).
Other alert messages: Low Resistor : resistance too low or short circuit, Too Hot : internal overheat protection, allow the unit to cool down. Check Atomizer appears when the edit is missing or exceeds 5 ohms.
That's about all we need to learn about the functionalities of Pegasus, which are efficient. Given its apparent robustness, this material is quite suitable for a vape nomad, rather masculine, with reference to its weight and proportions.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The box is perfectly protected in its thermo-shaped shell inside a black cardboard box discreetly marked with the brand name and a PEGASUS decorated with the mythological horse. On the back of the container you will find the serial number and a code of authenticity to scratch and confront a comparator on the manufacturer's website.
Under the box, a box contains the cable used for reloading and a manual in English, nevertheless relatively decipherable with the linguistic tools available on the web.
For the price generally requested, this packaging is satisfactory.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
A robust, functional and reliable material, ideal in all situations except scuba diving. The Pegasus will be more suitable for men with larger paws, but free to you ladies to adopt if you like, its ergonomics is nice.
At the vape, it behaves very well, without latency, its functions are cut off after a minute of inactivity, which may seem long to promote the autonomy of the battery. On the other hand, it is not noticeably energy efficient in operation, it is to emphasize because rather appreciable in situation of displacement.
The battery change is easy and the hood is closed with one hand.
Its very large range of 0,1 resistance values accepted at 5 ohms make it a tool suitable for all vape habits, for all 510 atos on the market.
It is not revolutionary but well studied to last, still a positive point non negligible.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classical fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting, Rebuildable Genesis type metal mesh mount, Rebuildable Genesis type wick metal mount,
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any ato up to 23mm in diameter.
- Description of the test configuration used: Origen V2 MK2 0,3 ohm stainless steel - eGo one mega Ni200 0,4 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar, 510 connection and roll youth!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The brand already famous for these atomizers has concocted a box TC 70W successful. Without being exceptional, it brings together all the security functions and settings common to other products of the big names in the sector and incorporates the ergonomic originality that makes it stand out.
The pecuniary component is also put forward to suit the greatest number of us. If, as I think, this Pegasus supports the harsh reality of time passing without problems, it will be present on the market a few more years (it is guaranteed 6 months).
Let us know your suggestions to decorate this modest review of details that would have escaped me, or simply to give your opinion, a community of vapors follows diligently the news proposed here, and the expression of your experience can only bring information relevant to all.
I will answer with pleasure,
see you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.