Characteristics of the juice tested
- Sponsor having lent material for the review: Pipeline-store / Holyjuicelab
- Price of the tested packaging: 15.99 €
- Quantity: 40 ml
- Price per ml: 0.4 €
- Price per liter: 400 €
- Juice category according to the price per ml previously calculated: Entry level, up to 0.60 € ml
- Nicotine dosage: 0 mg / ml
- Proportion of Vegetable Glycerin: 70%
- Presence of a box: No
- Are the materials in the box recyclable ?:
- Presence of a seal of inviolability: Yes
- Material of the bottle: Flexible plastic, usable for filling, if the bottle is equipped with a mouthpiece
- Cap equipment: Nothing
- Tip Feature: End
- Name of the juice present in bulk on the label: Yes
- Display PG-VG proportions in bulk on the label: Yes
- Wholesale nicotine dosage display on the label: Yes
Steamer note for packaging: 3.77 / 5
Comments on the packaging
Opium is a liquid imagined and manufactured by Tom Klark's. This German company challenges itself to imagine and realize complex liquids that would not tire us ... liquids that would be all day while keeping an originality depending on the material used, the settings adopted.
To condition these liquids, Tom Klark's uses the traditional 10ml vial proposed nicotine in 0, 6, 12 and 18 mg / ml.
But today, I'm going to talk to you about Longfill format. This format makes it possible to add more 10ml of nicotine in the bottle, to arrive imperatively at 60ml of finished product. Either you add 10ml to nicotine booster and the rest to neutral base, or you add two boosters of nicotine to get a juice dosed at 6mg / ml. The advantage of this format, you will understand, is to benefit from a large bottle that can be dosed in addition to 3 mg / ml of nicotine.
Currently, there are several Longfill liquid formats:
- 10 for 30 ml
- 10 for 60 ml
- 20 for 60 ml
- 40 for 60 ml
- 50 for 80 ml
The golden rule, no matter the format, is that it is imperative that the vial is full.
For example, for Longfill 50 fluids for 80 ml, it is imperative to add 30 ml of boosters and / or base.
The concentration of flavors of the liquid was calculated as a function of the total size of the flask. No need to wait to reduce your nicotine consumption to be able to find a liquid packed in quantity and benefit from the price that goes with it.
The bottle that has been entrusted to me is an 40ml for 60ml. I completed it with a neutral base booster and 10ml.
The price of this format is 15,99 €. It is a liquid that ranks at the entry level.
Legal, security, sanitary, and religious compliance
- Presence of a child safety on the cap: Yes
- Clear pictograms on the label: Yes
- Presence of relief markings for the visually impaired on the label: Yes
- 100% of the juice compounds are indicated on the label: Yes
- Presence of alcohol: No
- Presence of distilled water: No
- Presence of essential oils: No
- Compliance HIDE: Do not know
- HALAL compliance: Do not know
- Indication of the name of the laboratory producing the juice: Yes
- Presence of contacts needed to reach a consumer service on the label: Yes
- Batch number on the label: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding the respect of various conformities (except religious): 5 / 5
Comments on the security, legal, health and religious aspects
Because Longfill is nicotine-free, there is no danger warning. I illustrated this paragraph by the unrolled label of the 10ml vial. On this packaging, nicotine 3 mg / ml, we find all the pictograms imposed. (Even if you have to unroll the label ...)
The information such as the BBD or the lot number are present in a clearly visible box. The nicotine level and the ratio pg / vg are found on both sides of the vintage portrait of the visual. Finally, the composition, the name and the consumer service are indicated on the side of the label. In short, everything is there.
Appreciation of the packaging
- Does the graphic design of the label and the product name agree ?: Yes
- Global correspondence of the packaging with the product name: Yes
- The packaging effort is in line with the price category: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding packaging with regard to juice category: 5 / 5
Comments on the packaging
I love this vintage visual that makes me think of the labels of apothecaries' remedies. Even the rate of nicotine and the content are written with handwritten calligraphy. I appreciate the meaning of the details of this label. The name of the remedy is written very fat below the portrait and the name of Tom Klark's who concocted the recipe.
It is true that opium was for a time a well known remedy, and we find derivatives in some drugs today ... So this visual sticks like a glove to our liquid! If the visual perfectly illustrates the name, I hope that the liquid content will not make me leave in another world!
- Color and product name agree ?: Yes
- Does the smell and product name agree ?: Yes
- Definition of odor: Woody, resinous
- Definition of taste: Sweet, Alcoholic
- The taste and the name of the product, do they agree ?: Yes
- Did I like this juice ?: Yes
- This liquid reminds me of: little candies to suck pine sap flavor of the moors.
Vapelier's note on sensory experience: 5 / 5
Comments on the taste appreciation of the juice
Very curious, it was my son who opened the vial of 10ml and felt it first ... It should not have. Curiosity is, supposedly, an ugly fault. The smell made him close the bottle and he wished me good luck ... So I took my courage in both hands and, in my turn, I sniff the bottle ... Indeed, it is very special as smell. A smell ... I dare say ... cat urine? A harsh odor, uncomfortable in fact. Provided that the taste does not have the flavor of the smell !! A bit like some cheeses I told myself ..
I'm testing Opium on Alliancetech's Flame 22. The flavor has nothing to do with the smell. Phew!
I get a taste of pine sap, then a plum kernel flavor. It's very special, but with a desire to return. It is a sweet, woody flavor, with a touch of pleasant acidity. This recipe is complex, balanced. Not one flavor takes up all the space in the tasting. The mixture is long in the mouth, lasts even after the expiration. At the end of the vape, I notice the peaty whiskey flavor, more mellow and enveloping than the woody flavor.
The exhaled smoke is dense and not very fragrant. It is an amazing liquid and not disgusting. It is dry and sweet just right.
- Recommended power for optimal taste: 30 / 50 W
- Type of steam obtained at this power: Normal (type T2)
- Hit type obtained at this power: Medium
- Atomizer used for the review: Geekvape Fluid 22 SS Alliancetech Vapor / Zeus (mono coil)
- Resistance value of the atomizer in question: 0.33 Ω / 0.32Ω
- Materials used with the atomizer: Nichrome, Cotton Holy Fiber
Comments and recommendations for an optimal tasting
I tested Opium on several materials, at different powers. What I noticed is that below 30w, it does not release all its flavors. It takes at least 30w to appreciate. This liquid does not express itself in the same way on a dripper as on a more aerial atomizer like Zeus. It supports air intake and power well.
For my part, I reserve for privileged moments, in winter, near the fire in cocooning mode. It's a liquid that will not be my all day, but that I would gladly go to the evening.
- Recommended times of the day: Aperitif, Early evening to relax with a drink, Late night with or without herbal tea
- Can this juice be recommended as an All Day Vape: No
Overall average (excluding packaging) of the Vapelier for this juice: 4.59 / 5
My mood ticket on this juice
I do not know if Tom Klark's ambition was to make Opium an all day. I think it will be difficult for primo vapers who are looking for simpler tastes. But by contrast, the flavourists have managed an original recipe, balanced and, somewhere, addictive because I come back every night!
Opium gets a deserved Top juice for a liquid to discover from every angle!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.