- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: MyFree-Cig
- Price of the tested product: 39.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum Voltage: Mechanical mod, the voltage will depend on the batteries and their type of mounting (series or parallel)
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The box Noisy Cricket is a mechanical box double accumulator series. Therefore, it delivers a phenomenal voltage 8,4 Volts, so a product reserved for confirmed vapers who engage in power vaping.
With an elegant look, its design is refined. It is small and light with a hybrid connector and is therefore very easy to transport.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 40 x 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 79
- Product weight in grams: 75
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Noisy Cricket is an aluminum alloy with a brushed appearance that makes this box extremely lightweight. With a weight of 75 ranges, it is one of the lightest boxes on the market since it weighs even less than some atomizers.
The Noisy consists of three parts: the body, the switch and a hybrid connector:
- The body does not mark fingerprints. Under the box, we can see six 3mm diameter holes for heat dissipation
- The spring-mounted switch is flexible and pleasant to handle despite a slight grinding.
- The hybrid connector does not have insulation but a flange intended to rest on the insulated part of the positive terminal of the battery.
On the bottom of the box is placed an element that allows to put the batteries in series. It is blocked but not fixed and moves when you shake the box, but does not interfere with the use. The contacts are very good and frank.
A product of good quality that corresponds perfectly to its price range.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The main feature of this box is to provide a voltage of 8,4 Volts ..
However, the Noisy does not have a top cap but a non-insulated hybrid connector provided with a rim provided to rest on the insulating part of the positive pole of the accumulator. It will therefore be necessary to check that the pin of your atomizer comes out sufficiently to avoid the risk of short circuit
This product can not be used with any atomizer because the assembly that needs to be done is an assembly that supports powers higher than 100W.
It is not possible to lock this box, it will be necessary to monitor not to place it in a pocket without precautions.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is a rigid plastic box in which you will find your Noisy Cricket well wedged and surrounded by foam.
Transparency under the box, although there is no manual, you can see how to install your batteries so that they are oriented correctly (the negative pole under the switch and the positive pole of the other battery under the hybrid connector).
Simple but sufficient packaging.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? weakly
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Noisy Cricket is really convenient to carry and can even fit in the front pocket of jeans without difficulty.
It is also very easy to use, simply unscrew the switch and the hybrid connector, then insert the batteries correctly. On the other hand it is absolutely necessary to check that the atomizer which you will associate with this box has a positive pin which exceeds enough of its 510 connection in order not to risk short circuit.
The proper assembly that must be done on this box must be appropriate, as a reminder:
In order not to do any editing, it is important to have a glimpse of the power you are going to have on the Noisy Cricket.
Knowing that at full load, your two batteries in series will deliver a voltage of 8,4V and that the calculation of the power is done according to the formula: P = U x (U / R). ["P" being the power in watts, "U" the voltage in volts and "R" the value of your resistance in ohms.]
If your voltage is 8,4 Volts and imagine that on your assembly the value of the resistance is 0.6Ω, by applying the formula: P = 8,4 x (8,4 / 0.6), you will vaper on powers around 115 Watts. It is therefore necessary to consider preparing assemblies with thick resistive Clapton type or above 0.5mm in double or quadruple coils.
Remember also to choose paired and charged batteries in the same way with a strong discharge current (30A) because if the voltage accumulates with series batteries, the intensity, it does not accumulate.
The Indestructible dripper (see below) is an ato that fits perfectly, since it is intended for very thick wires and high power because it dissipates perfectly this type of big heat and allows to realize large assemblies of double and quadruple coils.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, In sub-ohm
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? drift the Indestructible
- Description of the test configuration used: A double coil of 0.5Ω with a Kanthal of 0.5mm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: a double clapton for a resistive value of 0.6Ω in a suitable dripper of the indestructible type
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
A pretty box very compact in a brushed finish. It is not complicated in its use but is not at all suitable for beginners. This box is made for fans of power vaping because it is used with two accumulators in series for an output voltage of 8,4V. Which means that you will be wagering on powers of more than 100 watts.
Its conductivity is perfect, so you have to pay attention to the atomizer with which you will associate it. It is necessary that the positive pin of this one comes out enough of its 510 connection, that it has an insulation supporting the very high powers and that its dissipation of heat is exceptional.
The combination of the Noisy Cricket setup with the Indestructible dripper is offered at our sponsor at a rate of 69 €. This is the ideal set for that perfectly matches the type of vape sought after by power vaping enthusiasts for a truly honest budget.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.