- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: My free-cig
- Price of the tested product: 39.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum Voltage: Mechanical mod, the voltage will depend on the batteries and their type of mounting (series or parallel)
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Always very productive, Wismec decided, with the help of Jaybo the famous American moderator, to create a full range of mods and atos for more or less extreme vapers.
After an electronic box available in two versions that everyone has ripped out rightly, I named the Reuleaux, Wismec returns with his very personal vision of a box mechanical demonic power.
This is how the Noisy Cricket comes in, a box double serial battery, capable of delivering 8.4v output for a price probably a little too attractive. Why too attractive? Because this tariff puts it within the reach of the big beginners who will not be able to and will not have to ignore a serious apprenticeship of some electric bases that the experts master all so as not to take any risk with this box. We do not put a Lamborghini in the hands of a young person who had his license last week. But a Lamborghini at the price of a Dacia, it's tempting ...
A box that would please the Agent J of Men In Black!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 40
- Product Length or Height in mms: 79
- Product weight in grams: 75
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Flange
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: On the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Noisy is a very light box vacuum, since built entirely in an aluminum brushed or black finish, which has a very pleasant grip with rounded shapes on the edges and a size limited to that of the two batteries.
The switch, a mixture of plastic not very engaging and brass, is screwed directly into the box body, as well as the hybrid connection compatible 510 but with positive pin exceeding to avoid short circuits.
To ensure perfect contact, the bottom of the box has a piece of insulating resin mounted on a rocker, surmounted by copper contacts. Clamping a battery via the switch brings up the second on the connector 510 to ensure maintenance. Very simple system but devilishly effective.
A surprising and mixed first contact, so it seems hard to believe that this little thing is able to send so much.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Who says mechanical box says simplicity, so nothing exceptional at the functional level. But it will be necessary to observe some strict rules to avoid the accident:
- Always use two perfectly identical batteries (same brand, same model) and bought at the same time (same series) and charged in the same way.
- Always respect the sense of insertion of the batteries. If a battery is inserted positive at the top, the second one will have to be inserted positive down.
- Always mount an atomizer with an overhanging pin. A flush pin can put your box short of the result everyone knows.
- Always check the quality of your editing and especially its value. 0.4Ω mounting is the minimum value for safe mounting.
If a box must make you learn the law of ohm, it is the Noisy Cricket. So, if you have a doubt about your editing, do not try the devil and to help you understand the law of ohm, here is a little useful link that will give you, given voltage and resistance, the power developed and the Amperage asked your accusers:
As a reminder, on a box in series, the voltages (in volts) are cumulated but not the intensities (in Amps), unlike a parallel assembly or only the amps are cumulated. For example, if I use two 30A batteries, I would get 8.4V output on a serial box (not counting the drop-volt, voltage loss inherent in the atomizer or the conductivity of the mod) but always 30A. On a box in parallel, I have 4.2V but 60A exploitable.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Packaging reduced to its simplest expression. A plastic box in which will be housed your box set in a foam roll and for any manual, a very succinct explanation on the back of the box.
As much on some materials, a manual may seem superfluous, as much ... it would not have been too much.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? Yes
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
The switch has a tendency to hang creating missfire quite painful
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Once the few rules included, the Noisy is a simple box of use but has a very big default, the lack of lock.
Indeed, Wismec did not see fit to install a lock on the switch. So you will always remove your batteries from the box before storing in your pocket or other.
If you have read the review so far, thank you already, but you will also understand that the Noisy does not take lightly and that it can be extremely dangerous if misused, so do not have planned blocking switch .... Both play Russian roulette with a shotgun with two shots ....
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? No rules, you get what you want as long as the resistance is above 0.5ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: several types of atomizer with different resistances.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: No rules, you set what you want as long as the resistance is above 0.5ohm and the positive pin is outgoing
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
You know the law of ohm on the fingertips, you made sure that your assembly is safe and that your batteries are perfectly identical and correctly loaded. You just have to fire and enjoy the raw power of Noisy Cricket.
No mounting resists him, not even the most diesels. To you big clapton and other exotic montages multi-strands. Here is what could summarize in a few words what this box and what it serves.
But all is not rosy in the land of crazy clouders! The absence of "lock" is for me a monumental heresy (I chose this word carefully not to be vulgar) and the price displayed is, for once, not expensive enough. Beginners looking for gear at the right price and in the news will certainly be tempted by such an offer, only precautions must be taken for its use that only confirmed vapers will be able to apply because knowing the risks.
Certainly, our salesmen in physical shops will be able to guide the beginners towards more adequate material but with the facility that one has today to buy on line, it may end up in inexperienced hands, and there CAUTION DANGER! Do not touch this box if you are starting !!!.
Despite these small black dots, she rox the pony, this Noisy Cricket !!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.