- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech-Steam
- Price of the tested product: 70 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Kangertech makes us discover La Nebox, an "all in one" that reminds me of the Egrip because with this box, no need for atomizer since it is integrated.
With a sleek look and rounded edges, this Nebox has a proprietary chipset in the belly that allows us to vape in a variable power mode as in temperature control mode. The atomizer is an integral part of the box, offering the opportunity to vape with proprietary resistors, Kangertech even providing a tray RBA, for those who wish to rebuild their resistance.
The capacity of his tank is huge since it can be filled with no less than 10ml for a hallucinatory autonomy. But do not dream too much anyway, the accumulator him, is not provided. 😈
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 57.5 x 22.8
- Product Length or Height in mms: 86
- Product weight in grams: 100
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Compact Side Box
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
No larger than a pack of cigarettes but certainly thinner, the Nebox is constructed of aluminum coated with a black paint coating that is not particularly sensitive to fingerprints.
Unlike the body, the top (top-cap) is it, shiny aspect, sensitive to the least traces. A protective film is affixed from the factory, it is by removing it that you will observe the icing of the top cap, and its fragility to traces.
If, overall, the paint is matte, the touch is perfectly smooth and soft, very pleasant in hand. With its well-rounded edges, it remains very comfortable in grip, but slightly slippery.
On each side of the box an inscription is noted. On the one hand, one can read the name NEBOX and on the other side the name of Kangertech associated with its logo which at the same time is pierced to act as a heat sink and degassing vent for the accumulator.
One side is allocated to the screen, which is not very big and some information may be difficult to read without an optical equipment suitable for a deficient view ... Below, the discrete buttons are slightly shaky but this detail is not not embarrassing for their operation. Finally, in the lower part, there is a small opening that allows the connection of a micro USB cable for reloading. The other side about ¾ of length and well centered, you will see a window that clearly shows the level of the liquid.
Under the box, there are two homes. One unscrews easily with the fingers to allow access to fill and change resistance. The second will require a thin coin to open it, to insert or change your accumulator.
This box is supplied with a medium-sized Delrin drip tip that goes very well with the set which gives it an elegant and discreet look.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: not applicable
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no small difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functions are many and varied since they integrate a box and an atomizer in an inseparable way. It is at the level of the settings that you will operate the main manipulations.
For the box part, the chipset offers us two modes, the power mode (VW) up to 60W allowing a resistance up to 0.1Ω and the temperature control mode (TC) with two possibilities of resistive son, nickel (Ni200) or Titanium. The ranges of variation are 100 ° C to 300 ° C (200 ° F to 600 ° F) with a minimum resistance of 0.15Ω. Access to the mode change is done by three quick presses on the switch.
All the usual protections are provided by the chipset. The permanent display informs you of the remaining charge of the batteries, the value of the resistance, the current voltage and the power delivered. The overheating protection of the atomizer resistors is ensured, as is the temperature control of the atomizer resistors and the reverse polarity of the accumulator. Finally, you can even vape while reloading via the provided Micro USB port.
For the atomizer side, it is impossible not to make the parallel with the Subtank, because this Nebox integrates a clearomiser with Kangertech proprietary resistors, similar to that of the Subtank atomizer and two of which are delivered to you. Also provided, an RBA tray, also from the same manufacturer, to mount yourself your resistance. Above your plate, a tank of a prodigious capacity (10ml!) Is proposed to you. Note, however, the poor cleaning of the tank, not removable (integrated box), which complicates the quick change of liquid, once your tank emptied.
The airflow, although it is airy, is not adjustable, alas.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
As for the packaging, I want to say that it's Kangertech!
Obviously very pro and well supplied, in a rigid cardboard box you will find: your box lying in a protective foam and under the box, the accessories are not lacking because we find:
- A drip tip
- A proprietary nickel resistance of 0.2Ω (already mounted in the atomizer), the other in Kanthal of 0.5Ω
- A compatible RBA tray, to do the editing yourself
- Micro USB cable for recharging the battery,
- One cotton bag, one seal bag with a small Phillips screwdriver, 4 spare screw and two pre-assembled coils
- A record translated into French, although the translation is random, the intention was there.
- A brief card to describe the filling, with a card for the guarantee.
A nice packaging that does not care about the consumer, especially as we are in a range of average price.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? Yes
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
on nickel resistance in temperature control, I observed a slight leak as on the mounting of the tray RBA 1.4Ω
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The use of Nebox, I must admit, is very simple.
Although it takes a big screwdriver or a small coin to open the access to the battery, handling is easy. As for the Subtank, you have the choice, either to screw on the base a proprietary Kanthal or nickel resistance, or to mount a coil on the RBA board. Here are the two possible operations for the material.
In the packaging, two resistors are provided. I started with the nickel one given for 0.15Ω. But when I screw it in the Nebox, the value that is displayed is 0.21 Ω. On the temperature control mode at 300 ° C, I have a good steam. However, during use, I noticed some small leaks initially that eventually stabilize. The steam is superb and barely warm with good flavors. The calibration of the resistance may also sometimes not occur during a change, the question "New Coil? Y / N"Does not appear on the screen. Unscrewing and screwing the resistor, then proves the only manipulation that can solve the problem.
We are obviously on the same vape as the Subtank Mini with only the two airflows not adjustable but open to the bottom.
I continue with the second Kanthal resistance provided by 0.5Ω. On the screen, I have a value of 0.7Ω. Decidedly, or the box is poorly calibrated or the resistances provided are not good value. In V / W mode, I vape at a power of 31W. Steam and flavors are very well returned by direct inhalation and I did not see any leaks.
For the RBA board, after mounting a resistor around 0.6Ω, it is displayed at 0.82Ω. I conclude that it is therefore the box that has a problem of calibration. However, at the vape level everything is similar to the Subtank mini with a sub-ohm-oriented vape, which works perfectly well on high powers above 30W.
Attention, the airflow is not adjustable and wide open, if the power is less than 25 Watts there is a risk of leaks, so it is almost imperative to vape subohm, which could cause problems for beginners who would be a target audience for this product.
The filling is an operation of great simplicity. you will pour the liquid directly along the inner wall of the tank. With a capacity of 10ml, the autonomy of the tank is much larger than the capacity of your accumulator whatever it is.
For mode changes, the manipulations are simple and defined on the instructions.
Overall the Nebox is an original set-up that offers a nice steam in a convenient and aesthetic format.
Maybe I would have a regret about the functionality of this box, it's the one of not being able to adjust my Kanthal hot, when I do my editing with the RBA tray. The accuracy of the calculations is directly related to a temperature equivalence between the various parts of the material.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? In sub-ohm mounting with the RBA tray
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? the atomizer is integrated in the box so no choice
- Description of the test configuration used: resistors OCC Ni 200 to 0,2Ω, Kanthal 0,7Ω and board RBA to 0.8Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: an assembly with the RBA plate in 0.7Ω
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
An interesting product that looks a lot like Subtank at the level of its particular vape dense, aerial and a very correct taste rendering.
However, the airflow is quite airy and not adjustable, it is better to vap with resistive values below the Ohm because there is a risk of leakage if you venture above. Indeed, with each aspiration, the surplus that would not have been consumed by a heated resistance too weakly, can mechanically evacuate from below. Even small, small leaks are annoying.
The Nebox remains an olibrius which is at the same time box, clearomiser and reconstructible atomizer offering a mode power and control of temperature. All in a set of correct quality with good value for money. However, I observed that the values of resistances given were not quite right, these inaccuracies will have repercussions on your settings and are regrettable.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.