- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Wholesaler Francochine
- Price of the tested product: 64.50 Euros (Public Price)
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 240 watts
- Maximum voltage: not communicated
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: not communicated
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Vaptio is a young Chinese company that has not been happy for the moment to meet a great echo in Europe. Although at the head of a friendly range oscillating between starter-kits, various and varied atomizers and some boxs, the manufacturer expects to use his latest, the N1 240W, to find a place in the big international bath. And that's pretty good because it's this offshoot that is in my hands feverish today.
The N1 240W is a powerful box that will concern the most advanced vapers and has the opportunity to work using two or three batteries. It proposes various operating modes already known, such as variable power, temperature control, a Bypass function emulating a mechanical mod behavior as well as an interesting customization function of the output voltage curve, to which we will return later. .
Available in four colors and offered at a price of about 65 €, the N1 arises in the mid-range and, in theory, the price / power ratio seems quite flattering. An aspect that we will check immediately together, if you want it.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 55
- Product Length or Height in mm: 92.2
- Product weight: 318gr double battery, 394gr triple battery
- Material composing the product: Zinc alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
At first glance, the box imposes, a massiveness of good quality involving a rather flattering perceived quality. But the design has however been neat and the N1 is revealed all softened curves on which come slice vertical and diagonal lines very frank for an appearance that I describe as "sporty". Two plastic inserts of red color slice on the metallic black background and come lighten the silhouette and give it a form of aggressiveness. Without wanting to sexism, I will say that his look may be more for a male audience, which corroborates its size and weight quite substantial.
The construction is based on a zinc alloy, a material widely used today among industrial modellers and no complaints. The manufacturer has taken care of the realization of his product and the assemblies are almost perfect. the finish uses a satin paint that seems to offer all the guarantees for maximum durability. And it is clear that after one month of use, the N1 has no scratches, so small it is. A guarantee of reliability.
The box can work with two or three batteries, depending on your choice. To do this, two covers are offered in the pack and allow to easily switch between the two possibilities. If the triple battery cover will give a greater depth to the box, it will also allow it to reach the promised 240W. With the dual battery configuration, the mod will only send "200W".
The hood placement system is also a great find. If it uses traditional magnets to hold, it also uses a mechanical system, disengaged by a button located below the box. The result is a flawless outfit of all, without any movement of the hood is noticeable. When everything is fixed, it is fixed for good. To remove the hood, just press the button and you're done. It's clever, damn effective and it allows to lock the assembly well, even if it will be at the beginning to get into the habit, the hood requiring a clear manual guidance when it is put in place.
All buttons, switches and interface operators are made of plastic. But that does not swear in the aesthetics or in the finish and their handling is intuitive and very soft. A slight audible "click" informs about the firing and the stroke of the buttons is short. An ideal touch ergonomics.
The grip is quite pleasant and, in triple battery configuration, we instantly think of a Reuleaux whose edges were softened. In double battery, the box is naturally less imposing but falls rather well in the palm even if its size imposes to have good legs. The weight, whatever the chosen configuration, is important in the absolute but, relative to the size of the machine, it is all in all normal.
A beautiful color screen affirms the signature of the N1. It's very clear, even when there is a lot of light in the room, and the colors make it possible to prioritize information and integrate it well.
At the bottom-cap, diagonal bars camouflage the vents needed to cool the chipset, just below the micro-USB plug used to recharge your batteries in nomadic mode.
The result of this chapter is very positive. The object is worked in its aesthetics and finish, we see that nothing was left to chance.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, vape time display for each puff, fixed overheat protection for atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors, diagnostic messages clear
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 3
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
To work, the N1 uses a proprietary chipset that largely ticks all the boxes of the usual modes of vape.
The variable power mode allows to go from 1 to 200W in double battery and 1 to 240W in triple battery. The scale of use in resistance is not communicated anywhere but, for having tested it, I know that the box triggers with 0.15Ω. Incrementation is by watt, which I find very relevant for me on a high power object.
The temperature control mode uses four resistive natively: SS, titanium, nickel and nichrome. Of course, a TCR will allow you to implement your own specific resistive. The run ranges from 100 ° to 315 ° C. You can use the unit celsius or fahrenheit according to your choice.
A so-called "custom" mode will allow you to draw your own signal curve in volts and store three of them in dedicated memory allocations. You can adjust up to 20 points of tension and thus define the route that suits you best. The very interesting idea of being able to memorize your curves will make it possible to change the atomizer on the fly and, in two or three clicks, to choose the corresponding curve that you will have previously pre-set.
A bypass mode, already seen in other brands, allows to vap "like" in mod mecha and thus use the battery voltage, without filter. Be careful though, the batteries are mounted in series, the voltage quickly becomes strong enough, especially with three batteries. In this mode, you can still enjoy the protections of the chipset that we will detail later.
Further, it is now ... 😉 The N1 offers the usual panel of protections necessary for a vape without risk: polarity of the batteries, overheating of the chipset, short circuits, protection against too low voltages, against the overload and a cut- off adjustable that goes up to 10 seconds. In other words, no impasse has been made on the subject.
The ergonomics are quite well thought out even if it will require a "start" of a few minutes to know all the parameters. Five clicks on the switch put the box in stand-by or in operation. Three clicks allow access to a first menu that includes three items: OUT MOD which allows the choice between different operating modes, SYSTEM which allows to choose the temperature unit, activate the TCR and adjust it, create and memorize the custom curves, calibrate the cut-off or the standby and BACK which returns you to the normal display. The navigation is done simply, the buttons [+] and [-] allow to change the values and the switch to validate them. Here too, the colors of the screen are invaluable for visualizing changes.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The N1 arrives in a box of respectable size, solid cardboard 18 carats, which contains:
- The box
- The second cover for use as a double battery
- A USB / Micro USB cable
- A notice
Everything is very coherent, strong enough that the box does not come in pieces and perfectly fit with the asking price. The record is polyglot and the part in French is correctly translated (quite rare to be underlined) even if one can regret the total lack of technical information: usable output voltage, intensity, scale of resistances .... Not so futile things. Pity.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Ergonomic, powerful and configurable to perfection, the chipset is an excellent figure, not only in the features but also in the rendering. The signal, fully adjustable as we have seen, allows a sumptuous vape, accurate but generous, which accommodates both a quiet VBA RBA as a dripper wild vape over-powerful. Whatever your style of vape, the N1 allows you to evolve in good conditions.
The rendering is very nice and powerful. We are on a real mod dedicated to the confirmed vapers who will find here a quality of vape to the height of their hopes. The latency is negligible, the power is always at the rendezvous, whatever the assembly and customization possibilities will do the rest if you want a harder or more flexible signal. In any case, the chipset does not have much to envy to the stars of the genre. It is at the level of quality, in the leading pack, just behind Evolv and Yihie that are even more precise ... but not for the same price.
In hand, the N1 is quite comfortable even if its dimensions, in particular in triple battery, and its weight will be able to annoy some users equipped with small palmar appendages. To book so wide pattasses and plan a bag for transport!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 3
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The one that suits you.
- Description of the test configuration used: Vapor Giant Mini V3, Kayfun V5, Titanide Leto, Tsunami 24, Saturn
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A good RTA
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Vaptio could well surprise with the N1 that manages to slip into the niche of large boxes without having to blush the comparison with the tenors of the category. For this, wholesalers and distributors should be mobilized to make known this brand which suffers, it must be admitted, of a lack of notoriety by us. And it's a shame because this product really makes you want to know more about a dynamic brand, which has no complex to tackle the biggest.
As far as I'm concerned, I'm thinking of a Top Mod objectively deserved by a score certainly not new but perfectly interpreted with a small crush for a finish that seems unalterable and a convincing result.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.