- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 49.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Variable voltage electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 280W
- Maximum voltage: 8V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
There was a time when the vape way "Muscle Car" was the preserve of box high-end type Hexohm. But Tesla has opened the door for smaller manufacturers in this niche with the Tesla Invader, which has been hugely successful.
Dovpo is a brand that is struggling to impose itself on the French market. She now offers us a box 18650 double equipped with a potentiometer that is able to reach the 280W on a limit of 8V.
The version that is subject to my appreciation is called "Classic Skull", it leaves no doubt about the type of decoration that will adorn this race beast.
The price alone should convince a lot of people. 49,90 € for such performances, it's as if for the price of a Clio, we had a Corvette.
What gives this new little monster?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 24
- Product Length or Height in mm: 91
- Product weight in grams: 240
- Material composing the product: zinc
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: BD Universe
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
We are promised muscle and it transpires lines of the M VV. The box is a bit massive, its design borrows more from the armored track than the sports car. A small metal block whose angles have been softened on one side and really rounded on the other. A polished metal band marked with six streaks and engraved with the name of the box, which gives a gun appearance.
On one of the slices, there is the rectangular switch marked with a flame. Just below, housed in a kind of large frame, a black plate that could be reminiscent of a screen. Then, to finish this angle of view, the potentiometer finds its place near the base of the box.
It is graduated with Roman numerals that go from I to V, separated by four small dots, from the classical.
The other slice is almost completely smooth, there is just a small drop that is there to facilitate access to the battery compartment.
Under the base, it is flat calm, there is nothing to see, not even a degassing hole.
Finally, on the top-cap, the 510 pine is placed eccentrically, it is beautifully decorated by an engraving.
Now let's talk about the decoration, the two facades are largely covered with real frescoes engraved in black. On one side, a lugubrious skull wearing a cap with a backdrop of a kind of amalgam of mechanical and electrical parts. We find a decor of the same inspiration on the back, we can at this time distinguish the degassing holes that are cleverly integrated into the decor.
To finish this tour of the owner, it raises the trap of the batteries. On the back of the latter, there are two carbon inserts that are there to avoid contact batteries with this metal plate. The interior is very clean, everything seems in place.
A box of rather crude appearance, rather masculine, which seems very correct given the price. Let's see what's hidden under the hood.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of accumulators, Indicators of operation
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Boxes of this type are not complicated, they are monsters of power but no complexity.
The M VV, as its name suggests, has only one variable voltage mode. Thanks to the graduated wheel, you can vary it from 1 to 8V. It will be necessary that your resistance is of a minimum value of 0.10Ω to be able to start.
The chipset is equipped with essential electronic protections such as reverse polarity protection, short-circuit protection and battery discharge limit.
In the description, I told you about a black wafer on the edge that was reminiscent of a screen. In fact, it is only the system of indication of the level of charge of the batteries. Four small LEDs light up when the box is at 100% load, three when you are at 75%, two at 50% and one at 25%. When you have to change them, you instinctively feel it, the power drops drastically then the small LEDs end up flickering and the box turns off.
And that's all there is to say about this box. It's minimalist, powerful, a purist box in power.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Our box arrives in a rather flattering packaging for this price level.
A predominantly black sheath with, on the top, the design of the skull on the box that slices in its white color. The brand, it, adopts a silver color and to finish the box puts its initials in gold. On the back of this same sheath, we find all the legal normative part.
Under this over-packaging, a beautiful black cardboard box enriched with a shiny black background pattern which again incorporates the elements of the decorative engravings of the box.
This time, Dovpo appears in a golden font, the name of the box, it is detached in black on a gold color band.
Inside, you will find only your box and untranslated records, unfortunately.
In any case, a beautiful presentation for a mid-range.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Here is a mod that is not huge for a double 18650. It weighs its weight but still remains easily transportable.
The installation of the batteries poses no problem, the access is simple and the rear cover fits well thanks to its four magnets.
The LED system is very convenient to track his battery level, although I think it could have been a little more sober and discreet.
The adjustment of the voltage using the potentiometer is very classic. Turn the wheel quite easily, you slide the tip of your fingernail in the arrow to proceed with the manipulation.
For the start, we will not miss the traditional five clicks on the switch and it also works to turn it off, magic!
The vape is, as we can imagine, direct and powerful, the box pushes well, it will please fans of thrills.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? We're going to say either a dripper or an RDTA
- Description of the test configuration used: Associated with Skywalker 2 coils at 0.2Ω, and govad rta 0.4Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: It is you who see but rather heavy.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The M VV is a good deal if you are sensitive to its charms.
It is a bit massive, a bit raw look with ornaments that will not be to everyone's taste in this version Skull.
In addition, you have to be clear, if you are plugged in small cushy vape, it is not worth it. The M VV sends wood, it is made for that. We do not go on a Sunday walk with a dragster.
So, if you like it and you are looking for thrills, it's a good choice.
Powerful, safe, responsive, overall quality very correct, it is simple to use. Neither compact nor too bulky, it is in a fairly good average in terms of transportability. Both batteries offer good autonomy but, if you hit hard, still think to have a second pair of batteries.
But it is sure that what will convince you is its price, 50 €, a new record for the price per watt (less than 20 cents).
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.