- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: CIG service
- Price of the tested product: 99.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Just as the 100W had seen its design and quality improve with the arrival of the 100W Plus, it is the turn of the 50X to undergo a facelift. In the case of the 50W, the aesthetic improvement is undeniably successful as the design of the first version was clumsy. We keep a chipset Yihi SX 330 whose reputation is second to none. With this work, the beauty has seen its price increase. So, where to situate it in relation to the two references in this category: the ipv 2 mini and the Smok xpro. Having tested the three, I take this column to propose my ranking. But first, we attack the owner's turn.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 45
- Product Length or Height in mms: 96
- Product weight in grams: 270
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
So let's start with his measurements. With its 96 mm high, 45mm wide and 24 thick it is not in the mini but rather in the compact. 270g with the battery, it is rather heavy. The perceived quality is excellent, micro-beaded anodizing, beveled edges, waves on the front face are all points that will satisfy the most difficult. The buttons are perfectly fixed in their housing and respond tremendously well. The inside of the beast is also neat, nothing exceeds, everything is clean ... it puts confidence. Finally, the positive pin is copper as the contacts of the battery so conductivity is at the rendezvous.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This box has the famous Yihi SX 350 so no need to tell you that you will find all the traditional protections and functions offered by this chipset. You will choose a 18650 flat head type IMR high drain battery. The copper pin is spring loaded so everything will be flush. Be careful though because it seems to me that ato changes will leave traces in the long run. The locking system is not revolutionary but it deserves to be simple and effective. Simply press the center of the rocker +/- one second to activate or deactivate it. The good impression continues.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
She arrives in her sober black box, the inscriptions on the latter have a pretty chic chrome look. Inside, the box protected by its silicone skin (which in passing is part of the package), the manual, and spare screws for the hood. The manual is in complete English and understandable even if your level is like mine: all just school.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, this box is very pleasant. The vape is well regulated, chipset Yihi requires. Its maintenance is simple, even if you will need a torx screwdriver to disassemble the back cover. Finally, disassemble it, if necessary ... because Sigelei offers us a cover that tilts 90 ° around the axis formed by the screw which allows access to the battery very easily. This hood is held in place by a magnet. No need to have done math sup to use this box, we adjust the power with the +/- button and shoot.
Its dimensions, even if they are not its strong point will not prevent you from considering the nomadic life with.
A priori, we hold a very good product.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? with what you like
- Description of the test configuration used: 0,25 ohm dual coil vengeance, 0,7 ohm subtank, 0,4 dual coil origen
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: no precise configuration the beautiful is versatile
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Sigelei does better than figuring in this segment of compact medium power boxes. So let's compare the two references of this sector that I had in the hands The Ipv mini and the xpro.
On the plan power: it is the least broom, with its 50W it is below the SMOK Xpro which offers 65W and Ipv mini 2 and its 70W.
In terms of finishing, she is in front. The Smok follows a few cables and IPv, it is far behind.
At waist level hard to dethrone the Smok xpro who keeps his head position, but it is matched with the Ipv.
Rest the price. There, she is clearly behind with her 99,90 €, she is at the back of the pack. Well, we must take into account that the silicone skin is supplied so you will not have to lengthen the 10 € note to protect the precious but it still leaves a gap. But note that the finish is above the lot.
So the ranking:
1 smok xpro m65: its price, size, power ratio is very difficult to counter.
2 Sigelei: it's his price and can be a bit of his size that prevents him from triumphing. Attention, it remains the prettiest and best finished.
3 The Ipv mini2: it finishes last place because for me its level of finish is too limited.
To conclude on the Sigelei, it remains an excellent choice, you will not be disappointed because it is worth the detour. It is not to fall backwards, but its finishing qualities, its elegance, is of course his vape will leave you I am fully satisfied.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.