- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 59.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 40 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Although the production of the equipment designed by The Council of Vapor is manufactured in Taiwan, this company can be considered as that of a team of pure Californian and therefore American enthusiasts. With nearly 30 millions of vapers this country counts among the most prolixes in liquids and tools of vape, VOC being one of the most emblematic and recognized, for the high quality of its mods and atos.
Similar in size to the Istick 20W from E Leaf, the Mini-Volt delivers twice the power and ships a Li Po rechargeable battery from 1200mAh. The proposed kit also includes a tank atomizer with a capacity of 2ml: a variation of Vengeance in 20mm diameter.
It is above all its size and quality of manufacture that make this box a small technological wonder, for a moderate price. We find the box only around 35 € online. Let's see this in detail.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 56
- Product weight in grams: 96.4 (box only)
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Very compact, the Mini Volt measures in height: 56mm, in thickness: 22mm and in width: 35mm, count 1 mm of overflow of the buttons, and you get 34 mm of average width.
The body is aluminum covered with carbon fiber, for the most part. The chipset side is covered with a rubber-like paint that promotes grip. The test pattern is carbon black and matte black.
The metal buttons are perfectly adjusted in their housing, the switch is oblong (11,75 X 5 mm) and the two settings in the lower part are drop-shaped mercury (for appearance comparison) with a diameter of 4mm.
The 510 connection of the top cap is designed for atomizers with air intake from below, but not directly on the thread, it is stainless steel and floating.
The OLED screen (11 X 6 mm) is placed on the top cap opposite the buttons. The charging module has a micro USB connection, located under the box.
The overall appearance is beautiful, solid and ergonomically worked because despite its small size, the Mini Volt has rounded sides, and their connection with the facades.
We will talk about the atomizer further, it is however adapted to the box, with 20mm of diameter and 47mm of length, for a capacity of 2ml.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Clear diagnostic messages
- Compatibility accus: LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The usual safeguards are obviously present: protection against short circuits, checking of the value of the resistors, remaining charge of the battery (min 3,3V), protection against internal overheating (85 ° C). The box cuts after 10 pulse seconds and automatically goes into sleep mode after an unused 10 seconds, then press the switch once to reactivate it. After a prolonged pause of several minutes, the box turns off, you must turn it on again by pressing 5 once the switch, (same operation to extinguish it voluntarily).
0,5Ah PC (500mAh) reloads in approximately 3 hours.
Features and alert messages.
In reloading the box displays "BATTERY CHARGING", you can nevertheless vaper.
To adjust the desired power: press the switch and the [+] button (the top one) simultaneously for 3 seconds, the display then flashes the watts value. Settings are made from 5 to 40W with the [+] and [-] buttons. Once the value is obtained, switch once to lock it.
Adjust the "ramp mode", which pre-selects the power delivered during the first seconds of pulse to arrive at the earliest desired vape power, depending on the resistance value of your atomizer. Press the switch together and the [-] button, (the one at the bottom), for 3 seconds, shows on the screen at the bottom, the presetting mode, flashing. To select one of the 3 modes ("SOFT", "STANDARD", "POWER") use the setting buttons, your choice made, press the switch once to lock it.
It's all about the features of this box, the latter modes are used in relation to the resistance value to avoid the pulse lag, normal power: 0,3 to 0,7 ohm: Power mode, from 0,7 to 1 ohm: Standard mode, beyond 1 ohm: Soft mode.
"ATOMIZER SHORT" or "RESISTANCE TOO LOW", are displayed in case of short circuit or resistance too low.
"NO ATOMIZER", when the box does not recognize the mounted equipment (faulty or non-existent contact).
"LOW BATTERY", when the battery no longer has enough charge to operate the box (3,3V = break)
"OVERHEAT" causes the cut in case of internal overheating (85 ° C) and can last from 10 seconds to a period of time necessary for the cooling of electronic components of the PCB.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The Mini Volt kit arrives in a flat transparent plastic box (ep: 29,8mm) of 95mm wide for a length of 174mm. A semi-rigid foam fills it completely and contains one beside the other, the atomizer and the box, visible through the lid. A thick paper envelope decorated with a golden frame, covers the rest of the foam. When removing this envelope, appear the accessories provided, as well as the notes in English of the box and the atomizer.
You will find in this box: 1 x Mini Volt Box 40W - 1 x Mini Volt Clearomizer - 1 x Replacement Pyrex Tank - 2 x Replacement Seals - 1 x Pre-mounted Resistor 0.8Ω - 1 x 0.8Ω Replacement Resistor - 1 x USB / micro USB cable - 2 x instructions for use in English with the authenticity card (serial number and QR code).
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
A small adjustment is needed for 2 particularities in my opinion a few negative, specific to this box. The battery is integrated, its connections are welded and it is difficult to replace it if you do not have the tools and technical expertise of an electronics engineer. I see myself throwing away this object, moreover very beautiful, simply because the battery is HS.
Another flaw, if the Mini Volt is supposed to accept resistances from 0,2 ohm, I wonder how it could instead heat with 40W. A test at 0,3 ohm showed me that it did not work, even at 40W in Power mode. The manufacturer also recommends optimal use from 0,8 ohm, which seems appropriate given the performance of announced power. Let's not forget that at high power it is autonomy that is reduced, and you can not change the battery.
This being the case, the Mini Volt is of a simplissime use and when it is well primed (with the provided atomizer for example), it is a pleasure to vaper with, its discretion and its ergonomics are simply remarkably effective. The fairer sex will surely appreciate its characteristics, as well as its sober beauty (in black) or sexy (in red).
The atomizer tank is a clearomizer, with proprietary resistors, vertical coil type OCC (Organic Cotton Coil). 5 parts make it up: a top cap chimney also serving as a mounting lock, a screwed drip tip, proprietary anti splash, a Pyrex tank, a base with 4 adjustable air vents, and resistance.
The filling is done from the top, once the drip tip removed, you have to wait 3 minutes for the priming of the resistance in first use. I did not find it an exceptional rendering quality, but I am difficult and used to drippers, this probably explaining this feeling.
The set up is quite aesthetic but I naturally preferred the Royal Hunter mini on this box, although I had to rebuild a double coil 0,8 ohm for the occasion.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of ato up to 22mm in diameter, sub ohm or higher mountings from 0,6 ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: Kit box and atomizer
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Mounts from 0,8ohm, ato up to 22mm (recommended mini drippers)
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
To conclude, I confide my intention to buy it for my sweet half, hoping that she let go of this damn cigarette.
It is a good tool to go quiet without going down to sub hom, without seeking cumulo-nimbic performance, and if you do not go down 15ml / day. Particularly suitable for female handcuffs, this Mini Volt will do the job of a lot of vapers concerned with discretion and aesthetics.
The advertised range of electronic performance is a little exaggerated in terms of the minimum resistance value, but as soon as you mount the proper ato, you'll be able to vault safely, without unwanted erratic behavior and without heating.
Its price is also a significant asset, as it sells batteries LiPo 1200mAh 2 outputs, you can consider extending the life of your mini box beyond that of the original battery, finding out of course the providential person who will perform the replacement operations, it's worth looking for, it is not far.
Thanking you for your attentive reading, I invite you to comment on this column and to share your feelings about the object in question.
Good luck and see you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.