- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 129 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Asvape is a Chinese moderator oriented High End. It works in association with an American chipset manufacturer, VO TECH, for its electronic boxes.
This brand stood out with a first box, The Strider, a box 26650 power of 80W rather pretty and original.
Today, it is a double box 18650, which can reach the 200W and which embark of course all the usual modes of vapes.
The Michael Mod, because it's what it's called, is characterized by very visually bold dressings. For the version I'm testing the "Walking Dead", Asvape presents this theme as a tribute to Michael Jackson but it's hard not to see a fun parallel with the cult AMC series of the same name that many fans revere!
This version costs the "modest" sum of 129 € and, for "no limit", a stabilized wood version is available at the price of 280 $.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 28
- Product Length or Height in mm: 91.5
- Product weight in grams: 220
- Material composing the product: Zinc alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: BD Universe
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The first thing that is obvious is undoubtedly the colorful decoration on the theme of zombies. The soft texture textured on which spreads this fresco fresco seems very good and is very pleasant to the touch.
Then, we focus on the golden metal parts. The top cap that hosts a spring-loaded 510 pine is embellished with a nice circular engraving.
On the edge we find in order:
- The beautiful button "fire", engraved in the manner of a seal, the logo and the motto of the brand.
- A classic oled screen, well sheltered in its skylight.
- The adjustment bar +/-, well adjusted and rather precise.
- The micro USB port for reloading or updating.
The bottom, he, welcomes the battery door. A massive piece pierced with slots for the degassing of the batteries and for the ventilation of the beast.
After going around the owner, we focus a little on the size of this imposing double battery box. On the other hand, the box weighs a very reasonable weight.
A box that will please many or that we will probably hate, everything will depend on your own sensitivity but, in any case, it seems impossible to remain indifferent to this achievement. The only evidence is that, from a qualitative point of view, there is no concern, the general feeling is related to the level of range.
- Type of chipset used: VO 200 VO TECH
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the Current vape voltage, Current vape power display, Variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, Atomizer resistors temperature control, Supports firmware update, Supports customization of its behavior by external software, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 26
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Our mod is equipped with a VO200 chipset which delivers 200W of maximum power and the batteries are traditionally positioned in series.
All the now-usual modes are present and we find in addition a Bypass mode that will operate over a resistance range from 0,2 to 3Ω. Beware, however, this mode works like a box mecan series so it sends 8.4V, what warm up the coil the frigid.
We also find a classic variable power mode which is compatible with resistors whose value will be between 0.08 and 3Ω, a scale of a width likely to cover all needs.
A temperature control mode, compatible with titanium, ni200 and SS316 is in the game. The originality of this mode is that it can operate in manual (you regulate the temperature in a traditional way) or in automatic and there, it is the electronics which defines the temperature, visibly according to the value of the coil.
Finally, we have a mode called "VPC", which is actually a variable power mode or you can configure, directly on the box, the curve of your puff in six points.
The display will show you the usual information (resistance value, power or temperature, charge of batteries, live voltage ...). You can also change the appearance of the home screen. The layout of the information on the screen is a bit debatable, we can not say that the space is fully optimized.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is original and pretty.
A box, which consists of a thick black sheath that offers each side a different view of the box. Inside, a box that opens in the middle on an inclined axis. Inside, our box is perfectly wedged in a block of dense foam, it is as if it were in a real tailor-made case.
Hidden under the foam block, the instructions and the micro USB cable are waiting for you. It's really very nice, too bad that the user manual is neither complete enough nor translated into French.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
It may be on this plane that things are spoiled slightly.
Indeed, the rather large size makes our Michael is not the best box for transport. In addition, small hands may not be comfortable despite the obvious ergonomics efforts made at the level of the slice profile.
The engraved button is very pretty, but its touch is a little rough.
The most "unpleasant" aspect, all things considered, lies in the ergonomics of the chipset interface.
The only point on which we are not surprised is the startup which is done in five clicks, a standard. But the rest is much less intuitive. When you want to enter the setting menu, you have to make five quick clicks. This is no more disturbing than that, but why did you choose to put the lock in three clicks? Once in two, we lock the box instead of accessing the setting menu.
Once in the menu, we sail with little fluidity, nothing really flows. We still manage to control the settings in fine, of course, but if we compare the DNA75C for example, it feels like a good backward in time. Add to that a very brief manual in English and you will understand that the ergonomics for controlling the settings could be easier.
So, I admit that I'm going a little hard on this point, but I will relativize with:
- The efficiency of the chipset which is rather fast.
- Good management of batteries promoting autonomy
In the balance, not this box is not a nightmare to use, it is a "sporty" with aspects a little "rustic". More Lotus Elise than Audi R8.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, In sub-ohm, Rebuildable Genesis
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Preferably an atomizer made to cash a few watts
- Description of the test configuration used: Govad RTA mounting single clapton coil to 0.42
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A good dripper or a good RTA
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
When I discovered this box in the back of the box, I can not say that I was delighted. Yes, I know, it's a little silly but I'm really not a fan of decorations too colorful or "pictorial".
In addition, taking it in hand, I found a cumbersome hair.
To top it off, the use is not simple, it is not intuitive and the instructions are not complete enough to guide you in your first steps. Between her and me, the "love story" seemed badly engaged ...
But there are times when one has to know how to put one's priors and personal tastes aside to produce a valid and objective test.
The chipset is probably difficult to set, but once it's done, the vape is very nice. It's responsive and powerful, effective in all modes. I particularly loved the Bypass and VPC modes.
The decor is too colorful for my eyes chaste? Certainly, but we can not say that it is ugly and the quality of its realization, added to a very pleasant coating texture, largely balances my first reservations. Especially that the fans of the mythical series or those of "Thriller" go at any price want to enter the trip!
So, in the end I loved hating this box, only its price seems to me maybe a bit high but still justified by a functioning without real flaw.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.