- Sponsor who loaned the product for the magazine: Acquired on our own funds
- Price of the tested product: 44.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Geekvape has been offering us products for experienced vapers for a little over a year at very competitive prices.
I wanted to return to a box that the Chinese manufacturer offered us in the spring and I had not had the opportunity to test. This Box is the Mech Pro. A mechanical box that works with one or two 18650 batteries mounted in parallel.
This rather cheap box (less than 50 €, in addition to promo on many sites at the moment) is a good solution for those who want to embark on the mechaca, who do not wish to necessarily get angry with their banker by buying a high-end moderator box but do not want to acquire a Chinese clone.
Geekvape offers you its box mechanical, original and a tariff content and, frankly, it has arguments other than the price to be argued.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 25.5
- Product Length or Height in mm: 96
- Product weight in grams: 310
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decoration Style: Customizable
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Mech Pro is a mechanical box that, from the point of view of design, is relatively traditional.
The box takes the form of the Tesla Invader 3, the fire button takes place on the inclined face near the top-cap for perfect ergonomics. It is copper to better distinguish and ensure good conduction.
On the same side, the mark takes place through a deep engraving.
On the top-cap, the 510 steel connection is visibly very solid and massive.
Both sides are dressed with interchangeable magnetic covers (perfectly maintained by powerful magnets), which will allow you to customize your box with the many models offered (most do-it-yourselfers will not hesitate to rework them themselves).
Relatively compact, it is made of zinc alloy and available in three colors. The painting of the body of the box is of good quality and seems to want to last in time.
The interior is not left behind, a well-integrated dual-battery cradle, the originality coming from the transparent fairing of the connector that reveals the hidden bowels of the box. There is a real "linkage" in gold plated brass.
Part of the latter takes the form of a spring to provide the flexibility to insert the batteries.
Nothing to blame this box, the quality of workmanship is very good given the price, we can only blame her weight, quite consistent.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
It's a mechanical box so, in theory, there is not much to say. No chipset, no screen, the classic vape in its purest form!
If there is often distrust of this type of product in terms of security, Geekvape still did well to relativize the potential errors.
An ingenious system for the battery connectors will avoid any risk if the poles are inverted. Indeed, when we install batteries upside down, the connectors do not make contact, simply. Nothing really rocket science, no electronics, just a little bit of brain juice to mechanically solve an insertion problem. Note also the possibility of operating the box in single or double battery.
They also thought of equipping the Mech Pro with a mechanical locking system of the switch. Simple and efficient.
The spring-loaded 510 guarantees the "flush attitude".
The switch is very nice. A little stiff at first it softens quickly, but it will still be firm and opposes a resistance that I appreciate, especially on a mod mecha.
The gold-plated brass linkage system ensures very good conductivity.
In short, a complete mechanical box and well thought out.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It is a rigid cardboard box that takes the usual color code of the brand: black and orange.
On the lid, the box appears in watermark on black background; we also find the name of the box and the brand.
On the back, on orange background, we find the description of the content and the various mandatory legal information.
Inside the pack, we find the box of course, a bag with spare magnets and a record translated into French. A notice, the term is probably not quite appropriate because there is little information on the operation of the box. I will say rather that we are exposed to its main characteristics.
It is very suitable and it sticks well to the level of product range.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
An ergonomic box, simple operation and behaving perfectly to use. Compact enough to consider nomadic use, only its weight may represent a slight drag. In dual battery configuration, the autonomy is quite satisfactory.
We can not say much more, since we speak of a simple "battery box", but in any case it is very practical and very effective in use. Its rendering is the one expected of a mechanical device, very straight at the signal level and powerful enough to talk about good conductivity.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, In sub-ohm, Rebuildable Genesis
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A good dripper
- Description of the test configuration used: Skywalker double coil drive at 0.30 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A rather aerial atomizer with an overall resistance lower than 0,5 ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
What a pleasure to come back to the unique sensation that the vape offers in Meca without having to break my ELP or having recourse to a clone. Geekvape is placed in the middle market with sharp products, well made and very affordable. The Mech Pro fits perfectly into this philosophy.
A rather well designed box, customizable look through the system of magnetic covers. A gold-plated brass linkage system, a copper switch to ensure good conductivity and simple but effective safety features. A solid 510 steel connector with a spring-mounted stud. Difficult to ask more or better for a product of this price!
The picture is almost idyllic, we can only regret one thing: its weight a little too important, which could be a deterrent for some.
The Mech Pro is probably one of the best value for money in this sector, it does not suffer from any major defect and incorporates effective security systems to finish convincing the most cautious.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.