- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: RINCOE
- Price of the tested product: 70 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 228W
- Maximum voltage: 8V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The manufacturer Rincoe, already author of the small Mod Pod Ceto, comes back this time with a more muscular kit, named the kit Rincoe MANTO.
So we change completely register here with a kit consisting of a double electro box battery, the "Manto" and its sub-ohm atomizer, the "Metis", rather focused cloud and big power.
With its modern design, five colors available (Blue, Steel, Rainbow, Black and Red) and its attractive price, this kit has serious arguments to seduce and we will see together if Rincoe can convince us!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 47.5
- Product Length or Height in mm: 135.5
- Product weight in grams: 215
- Materials composing the product: Steel, PMMA, Glass, Resin
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 7
- Number of threads: 8
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Point of view design, this kit is totally in the current standards and Rincoe seems to have particularly cared for the finishes of his kit.
The threads are really very good, everything is well assembled and the materials seem really quality. Too bad that this type of material is particularly prone to fingerprints because the rendering between these very bright plastics and steel is really the most beautiful effect.
The assemblies are very good too, the magnetic cover of the battery cradle is very good, the buttons are of correct quality and only the two navigation buttons on the front suffer from a slight game that is absolutely not disturbing the use .
The box will accept atomizers up to 25mm in diameter without it exceeding the small offset planned for the location of the atomizer.
Despite its weight of 215g without batteries, the kit naturally finds its place in hand.
A feeling pretty good quality overall which is a very good point for this kit.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short-circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, vape time display of each puff, fixed overheat protection of the atomizer resistors, temperature control of the atomizer resistors, support the firmware update, Display brightness adjustment, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
On the Manto box, Rincoe continues to make life easier for the vapoteur by delivering a relatively complete chipset, very simple to use and above all a formidable reactivity!
Indeed, Rincoe promises us an instant "fire" with a trigger value only 0.002s! You can imagine that I could not verify the accuracy of this value, however I see a really excellent responsiveness and no latency in use.
We are also entitled to a customizable 3D interface on a beautiful 2.0 TFT screen of the most beautiful effect that proves to be a treat to use.
The small plus appreciable will be the personalization of the color of the display of the box to stick to the taste of each one.
The usual protections of use are, of course, part, as well as variable wattage modes with 4 pre-recorded performance levels, temperature control and its 4 modes, and that's it! The manufacturer again put on simplicity by delivering us a chipset easy to configure and with the minimum required. A choice that may be difficult for some but that, for my part, does not seem incoherent.
As for navigation, how it works: Access to the interface will be done simply by clicking 3 times on the Fire button, the navigation in the various menus will be done by the 2 buttons on the front of the box and validation is will do by the Fire button.
The lighting of the box is done automatically at the installation of the batteries, the extinguishing and the re-ignition will be done by clicking 5 times on the button fire, a lock of the power adjustment is possible while holding down the 2 buttons in front during 2 seconds, a lock fire not being planned so it will be necessary to turn it off for the locker. Viewpoint ergonomics and navigation, we also stay on what is common, which will not be disconcerting for the regulars of this type of equipment.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The kit is delivered in a packaging to his image: pretty, simple and effective!
The material is very well maintained and well presented, the packaging gives us a real impression of quality but unfortunately, the only noticeable defects are on the content and not on the container.
In the packaging we will find the box Manto and the atomizer Metis, a record that will unfortunately be very difficult to understand for a non-English, a resistance already installed, a spare bag, a USB cable for charging and bets up to date.
Note immediately the cruel lack of a second resistance and a replacement tank in case of breakage, this lack is quite amazing on this kind of kit!
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Nothing works, requires a shoulder bag
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
So what about this kit? It is well in use that he manages to make the difference and erase its few flaws!
For the Manto box: we note a grip really nice despite its significant weight but also a few things well thought out like this to easily extract the batteries, the management of the battery is really good or this screen that 's is really nice everyday.
In addition, with a power of 228W, it will be largely able to operate the strongest resistors and montages.
For the Metis: a very well thought atomizer, oriented sub-ohm with a very airy print! Yes but not only! The Metis is designed for operation with Mesh-coil resistors that give it a truly excellent rendering of flavors for this type of atomizer.
The filling will be quite easy, it will simply unscrew the top-cap of the atomizer to access two large filling windows, there will be no problem regardless of the type of tip of your vial of liquid.
The reservoir "bubble glass" type 6ml capacity will however not be too much given the high enough consumption of this type of resistance that should not hesitate to solicit a minimum of 60W to get a correct rendering.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? In sub-ohm assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Rincoe Metis provided
- Description of the test configuration used: Rincoe Metis with mesh coil 0,15Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Rincoe Metis with mesh coil 0,15Ω
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Despite the few defects encountered on this kit, the material is pleasant to use and I enjoyed testing it. I will even go so far as to advise people looking for a simple, effective and inexpensive sub-ohm kit.
The lack of certain functions will not be felt on the majority of the users but unfortunately some choices of the manufacturer can come to weigh in the balance during the purchase, which is a pity to the views of the quality / price ratio of this set which remains very good.
For me, this first sub-ohm kit from Rincoe is truly a successful bet!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.