- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 99.90 €
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 240W
- Maximum voltage: 8.5V
- Minimum value in ohms of resistance for a start: 0.1Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
We find our Californians, devotees of design and vape who add a new box to the catalog of the brand they created USV.
The Mach On3 kit consists of an 18650 double bottom feeder box with an innovative design capable of reaching the 240W and 24mm double coil BF dripper called Mach 2.
The price is high but remains correct since we have a complete setup for 99,90 € not to say 100 € (psychological price when you hold us).
A product that looks promising and claims the upper class. So let's see what our devotees on the west coast offer us.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Product Diameter in mm: 55 X 39
- Product Length or Height in mm: 92
- Product weight in grams: 330
- Materials composing the product: Zinc alloy, Ultem, Stainless steel, Silicone, Plastic
- Form Factor Type: Grenade
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
At first sight, no doubt, the physical aspect of this new machine confirms its American origins. The box Mach On3 is quite massive and even if it is not in the compact, it remains on an acceptable size for a dual battery box equipped with a reservoir of 8ml silicone.
The design reminds me of the big Ford F150 pickup truck with its imposing lines. The combination of plastic and metal comforts me in this visual appreciation. The simple and effective design manages to bring a certain aesthetic balance to this beautiful pavement.
The facade hosts in its center a large color TFT screen (1.3 inch). Above the latter, there is the switch and below the +/- buttons and the Micro-USB port.
Slices are very slightly domed, both are marked with the name of the box.
The back is pierced by a wide enough window to comfortably press the reserve bottle. This plastic face is removable to allow the outlet of the tank for filling.
The top-cap receives at its center the 510 connection mounted on spring which allows the use of large diameter atomizers without risk of overflow.
In contrast, there is the door that provides access to the housing of the batteries and the tank whose shape is studied to fill the available space between the two batteries. This is also what makes the originality of this box.
The Mach 2 24mm dripper is a classic one. A simple and clean design. The barrel is pierced on both sides with three slots of different sizes. Intercalated between the two sets of vents is an engraving of the name of the brand. He is wearing a 810 drip-tip in Ultem. The tray capable of receiving two resistors is rather banal, but functional.
All is of good quality, machining and assembling are of good quality, we can say that a priori, we will get our money, at least if it all works well.
- Type of chipset used: Owner (VoTech)
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short-circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, vape time display of each puff, fixed overheat protection of the atomizer resistors, temperature control of the atomizer resistors, support the firmware update, Display brightness adjustment, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Mach On3 is equipped with a new VO TECH 240 chipset. The latter is able to reach the 240W. It allows all the usual modes of operation: variable power, temperature control and Bypass.
These three modes operate with the same 0.1 resistance limit at 2Ω. The list of metals compatible with the temperature control is always the same: TI, Ni and SS316.
The system also allows the choice between 18 predefined wallpapers that offers different layouts of information displayed but you can also create your own. We can thus consult: the charge of the two batteries, the power of the temperature, the voltage, the value of the coil, the number of puffs, the duration of the last puff. There are also three letters E, N and S (economic, normal and sport) which indicate the mode of vape chosen.
You can access the batteries and the reservoir of juice by the same hatch, I remind you that the bottle is 8ml.
To finish on the box, the Micro-USB port allows the recharging of the batteries and the software update.
There is not much to mention about the dripper except that it can receive two coils and that the air intake is adjustable by simply rotating the top-cap.
A homogeneous and coherent set that has everything you need to work well.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A very sober black matt box on which the name of the box stands out very discreetly taking a glossy black shade. On the back, the inevitable description of the content as well as all the normative logos.
Inside, stuck in the foam, we find our set box and dripper, next to a box contains all the accessories provided (a small glass bottle with two coils inside, screws, joints, a USB / Micro-USB cable).
In the pack there is of course a notice, it is unfortunately not translated into French and in addition I find it a little brief.
A correct pack even if a little too common.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Mach On3 is not compact, but its size is still quite reasonable for a box bottom feeder double battery. The ergonomics are good, the fire button is very well positioned, it falls under the thumb, which is rather comfortable. The TFT screen is easy to read, the menus are clear and we navigate without any harm. To enter, 3 clicks on the switch and then we move in the menu using +/- commands, the switch to validate the choices.
The setting is simple and no problem, it will only take a few minutes to get acclimated to this system.
The change of battery is also simple, just open the hatch that will also allow you to extract the bottle BF silicone. This is the only negative point. Indeed, to fill this bottle you will inevitably extract the batteries, which is not very practical when you want to perform this operation standing in the street. In terms of raising the liquid to the dripper, no problem is pressed without difficulty on the silicone bottle and we manage to use the entire reserve.
The box works very well, the chipset is quite responsive and if you use a mounting called "diesel" sport mode will be quite able to counterbalance.
The Mach 2 dripper is, as I already pointed out, very simple to implement. The coils are easy to put in place and the cotton easily fits into the bowl. This dripper is doing well, it can make good big clouds and transcribed the flavors correctly.
The airflow is adjustable and offers a lot of adjustment possibilities. The only negative point comes from its exclusive use in double coils, which is a shame.
In the end, this kit is pleasant to use and does not suffer from any crippling defect.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The 2 Mach supplied with
- Description of the test configuration used: Double Clapton Coil mount to 0.3Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: many possibilities depending on the dripper bottom feeder used
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It is now time to conclude this test. My first encounter with this brand did not completely convinced me, indeed the arc 240 did not leave me an unforgettable memory.
Mach On3, it is much more attractive. For starters I find his design quite successful, although there may be a little too plastic for my taste. What is particularly appreciable in this creation is the very successful integration of the BF bottle which is placed between the two batteries thanks to its very particular form. It is a beautiful "baby" but it is also not delusional size given its 18650 dual configuration.
The electronics work perfectly well and the control interface is easy to master. The box is rather versatile even if it is more oriented "big vape".
The Mach 2 supplied with is not the most relevant dripper on the market but it works well and can be easily mounted even if we regret that its use is only possible in double coils.
USV offers us a fairly well designed setup, original and powerful. Remains its price, we are at 99 .90 €, for a setup that claims High End I find that we stay on something reasonable and competitive enough when compared to products like Dotmod for example.
A good choice if you are a fan of powerful vape and you are looking for a new setup bottom feeder.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.