- [/ if] Price of the tested product: 85 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The IPV2 is an attractively priced, compact box with a sleek design, its wide range of use will allow daily use with a wide range of use.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 50
- Product Length or Height in mms: 100
- Product weight in grams: 180
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 4
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Bad
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The IPV 2 has two buttons fire a side mechanics and a touch on the top near the 510 connection.
This small box will go everywhere, its only fault, the two screws giving access to the battery which after some dismantling will have to be replaced, the impression of the screw being very malleable and machining inserts very average.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of current vape power, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? No
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This box with all the necessary protection to vaper safely will be suitable for all types of novice or confirmed vapers.
His menu is simple and well thought out.
The ability to vape while charging works, but is discouraged by the user manual.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Delivered in a transparent plastic box in a foam box with its micro USB cable, the packaging is very very good and safe for the equipment.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The ipv2 box is everywhere as much made for indoor use as on the move, the change of battery is simple but requires to settle in order not to lose the very small screws giving access to the battery. For the most patients the charging by usb works perfectly and a charge indicator will tell you when your battery is new full.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? IPV2 can be used with all atomizer types with 510 connection
- Description of the test configuration used: Test daily with all types of atomizer.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The ipv2 will go with any atomizer screw and you will vary the power and pleasure also during the day.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The ipv2 was the first box with a power of 50W at a rate making it accessible to everyone.
Its small size and good finish make it a mod a bit off-road that can be used permanently.
Its only weak point is the quality of the screws supplied as well as the lack of tightness between the box and its lid.
Eventually the change of the screws by magnets seems to me the best and most practical solution.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.