- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 89.90 €
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 € to 120 €)
- Mod type: Electronics without voltage or power adjustment. (Skarabäus)
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum Voltage: Mechanical mod, the voltage will depend on the batteries and their type of mounting (series or parallel)
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Innokin is still in the process of reconquest. The Zenith, a very successful MTL clearomizer, the Ares a rebuildable MTL at the top, it is now the LiftBox to enter.
What better than a product in tune with the times to continue a return that seems for the moment winning.
It is therefore a box bottom feeder that offers us the Chinese manufacturer.
This last-born is a box in simple 18650, having only one mode By-pass. A reservoir of 8ml in Pyrex, what? In Pyrex, and yes Innokin made a remarkable entry on this segment because this box proposes us a new system automatic bottom feeder.
A first in the genre, a novelty for which it will cost 90 €, so the system must be convincing.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 24
- Product Length or Height in mm: 75
- Product weight in grams: 210
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Not applicable
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
As on many of the brand's current projects, the Liftbox Bastion was designed by an external consultant, the American JL. A relatively compact box, at least in the standards for a simple battery bottom feeder.
The design is both common and original. Common because it takes aspects already seen, a removable facade pierced with a rectangular window that gives us a visual access to the tank, part of the nickname "Lift" is engraved in one of the lower corners of this hood.
The back, it is covered with a imitation carbon coating, there is also the micro-USB port.
The angles have been softened by slight curves, which is also a fairly common effect. On one of the slices is the continuation of the name of the box engraved in the same way as on the facade.
On the top-cap, you will find a kind of plug screwed on the off-center pin that overhangs the tank.
The visual originality is on one of the slices. Indeed, the fire button takes the form of a trigger that occupies a large part of the surface. Perfectly integrated, it barely exceeds. A small translucent rectangle contains an LED that lights up when the box is running.
Under the base, there are degassing holes and legal pictograms.
Under the hood, reveal the housing provided for the battery, fixed tank Pyrex and a lot of inscriptions that tell you about some features of the system, it makes me think of an element from the aeronautics.
This box is well designed, it is sober, in tune with the times. The assembly and materials are quite qualitative, only the imitation carbon coating and the slight play at the trigger may seem out of sync with the overall level of finish.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the atomizer's positive pad, if it allows it.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switch to mechanical mode, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity accumulators, Indicators of light operation
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
To start on this point, let's talk about electronics. Here no screen, no adjustment, our box behaves like a mechanical mod. The electronics protect you from short circuit, pole reversal at the battery and have a discharge limit.
The chipset will provide a current between 3.7 and 4.2 V depending on the state of charge of your battery.
The resistances are admissible from 0.08Ω and the high limit is set to 3.5Ω.
The box has an on / off function that will act as a locking system and thus prevent nuisance tripping.
Finally, we are entitled to a light indicator of the state of charge, a small rectangle installed on the bottom of the fire bar. Lit in green, it indicates a charge between 50% and 100%. It turns orange when we get to 50% and finishes red when it's time to reload.
Now let's talk about the really innovative system of this box, the "syphon tank". Indeed, Innokin offers us a new and original bottom feeder system. Once the "cap" screwed on the top-cap removed, we discover the pine 510 and large openings that fill the tank.
The set is surrounded by a seal and, obviously, it is the atomizer that serves as top-cap to the tank. Indeed, here, neither flexible bottle, nor pump, the juice goes back simply when you "pull" on your dripper.
A box that combines simplicity, security and innovation, remains to be seen now if everything works.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Our box benefits from the same treatment as the last products of the brand. A sleek white box that is dressed with a photo of our partially open Liftbox. Also on "this first layer", the name of the box, the brand, the content of the pack and the mandatory pictograms arranged on the different faces.
A small blue ribbon invites you to pull out the content by pulling on it's drawer way. There, the box opens like a wallet and we discover two compartments closed by two flaps. One contains the accessories (cable and notices) and the other our box.
The presentation is rather in line with the price level of the product, it is not stunning but it's clean, only small regret, I find the record too little detail.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Our box is in standard size, so it will easily find its place in a jacket pocket.
First point: the filling. It is very simple, just remove your dripper and there you will have no trouble filling the 8ml tank.
Once the atomizer is in place, it will close the airholes and make some aspirations to boot the system. Then it will be necessary to find the right adjustment between the airflow of the dripper and that of the tank which rests on the setting of a ring with three positions.
This system works best with atomizers not too aerial. With my dripper very open, I often had to resort to a reboot.
In terms of cleaning, obviously the tank does not disassemble (in any case I did not find anything to achieve it without taking the risk of damaging the box), the cleaning will be easy, I who loves the Red I abstained because I'm afraid it's difficult to totally erase the taste of a marked juice.
The startup of the chipset is done by three clicks and not five, that's also new! There, the indicator light flashes around the three displayable colors. No adjustment, we click and we vape, nothing more simple.
Innokin also thought to equip this "pseudo" mechanical box with a micro-USB port to allow charging of the battery.
A box not bad, nice in its simplicity of use and its undeniable seriousness, but I am a little more reserved on the system "Lift Siphon Tank". He was a bit capricious with me.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- Description of the test configuration used: Associated with the Skywalker mounted as a single to 0.4Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A dripper not too airy single or double coil
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.9 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Bottom feeder rain everywhere, all brands must have their model, it became a must in a few months. Models are multiplying, and it is very hard to differentiate.
Innokin, always in the spirit of renewal that drives the brand, had to present itself in this sector with a "remarkable" product.
The Liftbox has many assets to make a good place, a unique mode bypass efficient and uncomplicated to use. A responsive and ergonomic side trigger, a reasonable size and a pleasant design. If we add to that an automatic dripper feeding system, we hold there, the ingredients of the heist of the century.
But there are two or three little caveats that take the liftbox a little further away from the pantheon:
First, a little lack of adjustment on the switch, nothing really serious but we are still on the high end in view of the tariff position.
The "syphon lift tank" is a bit capricious, I have not really managed to perfectly control the beast. Obviously, you need a dripper not too air and you have to find the right airflow settings. A priori, we get there, but I find it a bit missed because, to operate the system, we sometimes have to change the way it vapes at the draw.
The second minor drawback of this equipment comes from the fact that the tank is fixed, so it is impractical to clean it, which can be annoying when you want to change the juice.
And finally, the price seems to me maybe a bit too high.
Innokin is not fully successful in this segment. His box is not bad, and all is full of good intentions but, in my opinion, the work is not completely finished.
If you are attracted by this product, no problem, we stay on an interesting product that can appeal but, for the choice of the dripper, I would opt for a model in mid-tight and mid-air to ensure proper operation of the system. 'food.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.