- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: The World of the Vape http://www.lemondedelavape.fr/index.php
- Price of the tested product: 39.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics without voltage or power adjustment. (Skarabäus)
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Small electronic box "unregulated" that is cheap and yet embeds a lot of options.
The Kung Fu is indeed equipped with a light switch and a USB port for charging your batteries
The panel is equipped with two large magnets but if you wish, you can replace them with two screws (provided in the package) to secure the maintenance.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 54.4
- Product Length or Height in mms: 100
- Product weight in grams: 185
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: Cultural Reference
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 0
- Quality of the threads: Not applicable on this mod - Absence of no screws
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Small box all dressed in black, you will find on one side the name of the box and on the other a karateka in Chinese shadow, the latter is for me too much.
Indeed, this drawing "very" martial fuels the curiosity of the youngest (I have experienced) who will want to play with all the time, you will keep the box to the eye 😉
Regarding the coating, nothing to report, the anodizing of the aluminum seems correct and the hood firmly attached thanks to the two magnets overpowering.
- Type of chipset used: Alternative
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against the reversal of polarity accumulators, Fixed protection against overheating resistances of the atomizer
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Box easy to use, it has all the necessary protections:
- LED electronic switch
- Protection against the reversal of polarity of the batteries, an alarm will signal you the insertion of the batteries in the wrong direction, you will have 5 seconds to remove the battery and to put it in the good sense respecting the polarities, otherwise you will damage the electronic
- Overheating protection, the box will shut off if the internal temperature is above 100 ° C
- Anodized aluminum body
- Magnetic cover + screws
- 6 degassing orifices
- Charging via mini USB 1.5 A + charging light
- 2 18650 rechargeable batteries in parallel
- Adjustable 510 connection, copper positive pole screw
- Blue led switch
- 2 MOSFET NCE30H15, 150 A (switch protection)
As with any box for the sub-ohm, the use of high drain batteries is recommended, preferably with a flat head to facilitate insertion, and since the box is wired in parallel, the use of 1 alone battery is possible.
There is a version called "series" or "stacker" to have 8v output. Personally, I advise you because it will review your way to coiler, indeed if we double the voltage, we must also double the resistance value, which is for me a bad idea on a box without regulation.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Very nice package, we are entitled to a house zipped rigid for the transport of your kung fu and another battery. In this box, you will find a set of screwdrivers (flat and cruciform), screws for the panel and a USB cable for charging.
For less than 40 € SMY does better than some unicorns over 200 €!
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Nothing to report with the Kung Fu, it behaves as well as my home made, it cash well amps and blackmail your drippers.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Rebuildable Genesys type metal mounting mesh, Rebuildable Genesys type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of atomizer coils low enough to enjoy the power of your batteries.
- Description of the test configuration used: Clt v3 and turbo coiler 0.12 and 0.08 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Dripper coiler between 0.6 and 0.1 ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Here is a nice surprise, a box capable of sending heavy for the price of an EGo kit, this is what SMY offers with Kung Fu.
Equipped with a plethora of security for a safe experience, Kung Fu delights in sub-ohm!
It cash the amps of your batteries to return them in your dripper fetish, despite a slight drop volt due to the electronic part, your biggest fixtures will remain very reactive to the shoot and will quickly recreate the London fog at home.
Two small points are for me to note:
- The 510 screw connector, not top, a spring connector is much easier to use.
- The karateka in Chinese shadow is a little too "toy".
For the rest it's all good, especially considering the price
So bet won? Yes !
And a big thank you to Carlos for the loan of this cloud box !!
Looking forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.