- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vapoclope
- Price of the tested product: 42.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics without voltage or power adjustment.
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Kangertech advances its pawns more quietly than other Chinese giants hyperactive for the gear, the brand has at least the merit of not playing on marketing strings dubious limits for us to sell a product already released, under another name.
It is the newcomers in the vape who are in the spotlight with this kit, very simple and rather minimalist, both on its features, as for its dimensions. Kone starter kit box with his ato Pangu is not expensive and can deliver up to 60W. Several styles of vapes are also envisaged with this ato with simple vertical coil resistances which are like to be mistaken, with these antediluvian cartomiseurs of our beginnings.
A kit that can fit all handcuffs, by its size, at ease on all occasions, its discretion (black) making it go unnoticed. For some time, the manufacturers are dedicated to offer less massive objects and more basic use, it's good, it takes for everyone.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 63
- Product weight in grams: 198 (kit = box + ato)
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Delrin, Brass, zinc alloy
- Form Factor type: Classic box - VaporShark type (mini version)
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 1 (+ ato)
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The box Kone is zinc alloy, it weighs only 148g and has a built-in battery 3000 mAh. A single button acts as a switch. On the top-cap, you will notice an oblong screen of 18 X 7 mm whose utility we will see below. It is a rectangular box of 63mm long, by 23mm thick and 44mm wide.
The top-cap is a little special because it ds-flush on one side, to present with the ato, a sort of projecting turret recalling the corbelled masonry castles of the middle-age, proportionately kept naturally. This particular aesthetic not unpleasant to the eye and ergonomic to use, gives an original look to this mini box.
The useful surface of the switch takes all the thickness on 9,5mm, it is the least well designed room because it tends to float in its housing. At the bottom of the switch side you will see the micro USB connector of the charging module.
The brass 510 connection is floating to ensure proper conductivity and flush mounting of your atomizers. No visible degassing vent but the switch system suggests that any pressure generated by a chemical runaway battery, can easily escape the body of the box.
3 screws betray the possibility of an opening of the bottom-cap part / side opposite the switch in one piece to practice a subsequent replacement of the integrated cells (the opening cancels the guarantee).
The atomizer is a clearomizer with a capacity of 3,5ml of juice, it weighs 50g, its reservoir is in Pyrex. We will see later that it is possible to fill the tank, over or under (upside down). Consisting of 4 main parts, it measures 46mm drip-tip included, for a diameter of 22mm.
3 types of resistors: PGOCC (kanger) are adaptable, we will talk about it, the adjustable airflows are distributed in an arc of circle at the level of the base. They each provide a surface of 15 X 2mm. The positive pin is stainless steel, not adjustable.
Overall this kit is well designed, well made, the black satin coating, is a bit slippery and leaves visible fingerprints, wish it resists small shocks, because Kanger has no plans to cover for its protection. We are in the presence of a ready-to-use, entry-level equipment and I allow myself to estimate that the asking price is so far, quite justified.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Operating light indicators
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The box is a "smart" protected mechanic, with minimal electronics. You will have a break beyond ten seconds of continuous vape, and you will know the charge level of your battery, counting the light spots of the Oled screen of the top-cap (5 points for a full charge, and 5 flashing for an imminent notice of cut).
To turn on / off your box is, you guessed it, 5 quick clicks.
When the leds have flashed 15 times, the box cut, it is the sign that it is time to reload. During this operation the leds flash and add up to the number of 5 to indicate the end of the recharge.
If the internal thermal rise is too important (50 ° C) the box will flash 6 times and cut, you will have to wait until it has cooled enough to use again.
No other functions, the box detects the resistance value of the ato and adapts the power to deliver and the necessary voltage, according to the good old formulas: P = U² / R and I = U / R. I imposed an ato 0,2 ohm, it worked without flinching, but knowing that its maximum performance is 60W, she could deliver only 3 / 4 the power required for this type of sub-ohm equipment, I did not insist, it was just a test.
KangerTech advises of course not to use another ato than that of the kit, but after reading this review you will see that under certain conditions, it is quite possible to override these recommendations.
Let's see in detail this Pangu.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
This kit is delivered in a gray cardboard box, thin (31mm thickness) dressed with a protective film. Inside, you will find the disassembled kit enclosed in 2 separate compartments of a semi-rigid foam, a spare tank and a pouch of joints, all in an 3e housing which also hosts the USB / micro cord USB charging.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Let's see in detail this Pangu. His drip-tip first, is owner. It is introduced into the chimney part of the resistance which exceeds the top-cap. A seal holds it firmly. It is in POM where Polyoxymethylene, also known as polyacetal or acetal, around 1960, DuPont marketed the production of POM polymers under the Delrin brand.
The POM offers many excellent properties, among which: high rigidity, low wear, good elasticity, low water absorption, let us add that for us, it is a poor conductor of heat.
Its characteristic is that it is striated with micro grooves running around the cylinder, all the way (11mm), which gives it a non-slip texture, only the end is rounded for the comfort of the lips. The chimney leaves a useful suction diameter of 8,5mm, an opening that allows the addition of an 510 drip-tip of your choice.
The top-cap is a 8mm thick piece that unscrews to allow the filling of the ato. During this operation, that can be carried full tank, the tank holds in place only by the friction of the profiled seal of the base, a hazardous manipulation can move it from its housing, which will not fail to cause the loss of the juice it contains, so beware of your actions once the top-cap removed.
The filling will be carried out, up to the level indicated on the picture (bottom of the pitch of the top-cap assembly screw), the light of arrival of juice of the closed head of atomization. Kanger also advises you to speed to close the top-cap once the filling is done, (I used a 20 / 80 not to, among other things, urge me to close everything).
Another chapter to address for this Pangu, heads of atomization. Only one is provided in this package, the 316 ohm PGOCC Resistor (SUS 0,5L), which passed 0,65 ohm over the Reuleaux RX and 0,63 on the ohmmeter ....
These heads really look like pre-drilled Boge cartoons, but they only recall the aesthetics. Inside is a vertical coil mounted with organic cotton. Big difference with the cartos, this head is adjustable as for the flow of juice that it can receive, until completely closing for the filling.
When it is fully screwed to the base, you can turn the chimney to act on the opening. Once the ato is mounted, remove the drip-tip and grasp the overhanging chimney portion, to adjust the JFC (Juice Flow Control) or close it.
You can get 3 kinds of 5 pack resistances for just about 10 €, or buy them at retail.
Resistors PGOCC 0,5 ohm - direct inhalation - (15 to 50W)
PGOCC Resistors 1 Ohm - Indirect Inhalation - (10 to 26W)
PGOCC Resistors 1,5 Ohm - Indirect Inhalation - (10 to 25W)
It is certain that we are not at the level of rendering a good dripper well coiled, however 2 days, I vapé without any particular problem, with a good production of steam and without recharging the battery (7ml).
The airflow is adjusted by turning the ato on the box from below, we can never close it completely and the most airy draft is not as fluid as the theoretically available surfaces suggest, the direct inhalation is in spite of this, quite possible, the liquid consumption is measured (at 0,63 ohm: 3,5ml = 4h in normal vape and in 20 / 80). No problem of leakage or overheating during this test.
We have seen the features of the box know that it can be reloaded via an output adapter 5V 1Ah, so you will have about 3 hours.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all ato in 22mm, 0,5 resistors up to 1,5 ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: The box + ato kit at 0,63ohm juice in 20 / 80
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: all ato in 22 from 0,5 ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It is difficult to objectively qualify a kit designed for neophytes, when one has made habits with more elaborate material. I will, however, venture to give you my opinion of old man.
This kit is a good deal, its price is right, its design and its simplicity of use allow to vaper immediately after having acquired it, it is possible to fill it without dirtying the fingers in a sense, or in the other, ditto for full tank resistance change. While the record is in English but it is very well provided with explanatory drawings. The disadvantages, you know them, a battery and resistance owners, it is a consumer choice that defends itself, I will not venture here.
Cleaning the Pangu is very practical since it is completely disassembled, the box it does not present complex options prone to errors (especially in beginners) with painful consequences. You can add any ato, mounted from 0,5 ohm (22 for aesthetics), it is effective and its response is fast.
What else to say, with its reduced dimensions Kone will suit a lot of people, you can find this kit in 3 colors (black and gray white). At kangerTech we start to master the tools to vape serenely, you can trust this new product, it is guaranteed if it is genuine, you can make sure, especially since no serious in France will propose counterfeit of this mark.
In your flash tests, thank you for your patient reading
See you soon
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.