- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 29.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Lips is the laboratory behind the brand Le French liquide, but if we talk about it today it's not for a new opus gourmand, but for Hardware.
Indeed, this French laboratory offers us its first kit, or rather his vision of the starter kit. The Koddo, so it's called, is an ultra-compact battery, which uses "Pods". But kesako the pods, will you tell me? These are sealed 2ml cartridges of liquid using nicotine salts, equipped with a 2Ω ceramic resistor.
The Koddo is particularly aimed at primo-vapers and they will have to pay 38,90 € minimum to start since it will be necessary to add to the 29.90 € of the battery, the 9.90 € for three pods of 2ml.
Let's examine together this new experience that Lips calls Nicoplex and which must, according to their argument, be able to fully satisfy the nicotine needs of heavy smokers.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 19
- Product Length or Height in mm: 85
- Product weight in grams: 30
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Sea Knife - Inova Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Not applicable
- Fire button type: No button, Suction trigger
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 0
- Quality of the threads: Not applicable on this mod - Absence of no screws
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Let's talk about the battery first. First thing, she is very compact and very light. The design is very slender, simple and takes a flat shape. She is both elegant and discreet. His body seems to be anodized aluminum. No button interrupts the clean lines, there is only a small diamond-shaped hole. It houses the LED that will indicate the proper operation of your device.
The two slices are covered by two small plates of black plastic, we can distinguish on each of them a tiny circular hole, it is obviously what will act as air intake and, given the diameter and the target audience , we can expect very tight.
There is a micro USB port on the base of Koddo.
Not really top-cap, let alone 510 connection, the battery is equipped with a housing for the pod. It shows two small electrodes and two magnets distributed on both sides of the small air inlet.
The pod fits in this enclave, it is made of transparent plastic of dark color. The base is equipped with two magnets and two contacts antagonistic to those that populate the battery cavity. In the center, we find, I give you "Emile", an air intake. The body is a tank of 2 ml that contains a ceramic resistor. It ends with a flat mouthpiece.
So we have a kit that is similar to a cigalike TPD ready. Objectively, it's nice looking and, my faith, it seems well designed and I think it can please a lot of people in terms of aesthetics and simplicity. Now, we must see more.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner, Owner - Hybrid
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Operating light indicators
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: Not applicable
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
On this product, we could summarize this item by: "the Koodo only spray". Indeed, we can not do more stripped in terms of features. It's just a vacuum trigger battery, combined with an all-in-one cartridge. But that would be a little unfair and reductive. Indeed, this product is very sophisticated despite this basic aspect.
Lips has visibly worked on both the liquid that uses nicotine salts and optimized flavors for this system, on 2Ω ceramic resistors and on the ratio of the airflow to the resistance value. It gives a name to the result obtained: Nicoplex, which promises a significant nicotine intake (10mg or 20mg) but with a very soft hit.
In addition, we must not forget that the possibility of having several cartridges on oneself implies that one can change flavor in real time, without having to clean anything. A major asset when one still seeks his vape.
The built-in battery delivers a continuous current of 3,6V, which gives us a vape around the 7W. Wow, that's at least ... 5 years that I have not steamed to this power.
On paper, we have a simple set-up of use but not devoid of ideas.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The presentation is a very "buralistic" presentation. Ouch, I think I'm going to hurt some members of the community including perhaps the manufacturer. But I do not see anything pejorative, it means that the packaging is perfectly calibrated for beginners. It is simple, clean, clear, it inspires quality and seriousness without being austere and, frankly, personally, I prefer to see a French lab like Lips out a product like this one rather than it is Marl .... .
In any case, the presentation of the battery is very correct, it lacks a record. The product is super simple to use but it would still be nice to find a record for us.
As for the pods, we are on an identical style. The box is very explicit, we can see three pods, the nicotine content in bulk and each flavor has its own color, which is for me the main feature of a product that must be easy to find in an office rack. tobacco, sorry ... classic office. Inside, our pods are hermetically packaged in a plastic and aluminum pellet.
Again, it's very well thought out. If you store several flavors in your drawer, you would have no trouble distinguishing them. It's really not bad at all and very well found to attract the smoker, which is ultimately our goal at all.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
We are on a very compact product, this e-cig is really made to follow you everywhere, in all discretion.
The use is childlike simplicity, just take a pod, take off its plastic cover and its cover and you insert it into the Koodo. No definite meaning, no risk of error. In addition, the pod is perfectly maintained by the magnets.
Then there is only to "pull" on the mouthpiece and it works.
The airflow is very restricted, it is very close to the draw that we get on a cigarette. Flavors are present despite the low volume of steam.
A pod will make the day to a minimum, 350mAh battery will not be enough but it recharges quickly and it also works in pass-through mode (while you charge it).
A practical and rather seductive product, which is really made to accompany you throughout the day if you start in the electronic cigarette.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A classic fiber
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? hybrid kit
- Description of the test setup used: koodo + pod of "The thing" in 20 nicotine mg
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: as is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
This Koodo will undoubtedly make him talk. And this, good as well as bad.
To begin, let's see the positive: a simple kit of use, practical and elegant. He will find no harm in a place in your everyday objects. But that's not all, our kit, in addition to being pretty and attractive, offers a very wise vape, a draw very close to a cigarette and flavors perfectly distilled. On the other hand, you will not have a huge amount of steam, but you will have a good dose of nicotine without tearing your throat.
In short, an ideal product for beginners and, to be honest, I really appreciated the flavors developed nicotine supply in the velvet is not displease me and I'm sure it could convert more a. And I do not even imagine if Lips gets in fashion now, the CBD, which could, again, attract other types of users. The only downside in my opinion, without a recycling process, the widespread use of pods could eventually represent an ecological problem. There is no doubt that a plant where the used pods could be returned and who would take care of their treatment as waste would be something more to consider and develop. But remain positive, it remains rather a general opinion than a concrete defect.
But now, I also know that some people will find this product too "Big Tobacco", with this tank system pre-filled sealed TPD standards and this vape very wise and little vaporous.
Regardless, I still give him a Top Ato that greets a product that I find ideal for beginners and the initiative of Lips who lands on a segment that was thought to be reserved for large machines tobacco companies.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.