- Sponsor who loaned the product for the magazine: Acquired on our own funds
- Price of the tested product: 60 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical with native kickstand
- Is the mod telescopic? Yes
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Back to basics with this telescopic mechanical mode from Kamry.
K like Kamry, TS like TéléScopique, very inspired by the Golden Greek (165 euros) created by the Greek moderator Athanasis Raptis (also known under the pseudonyms Imeothanasis or simply Imeo).
It is a mod having the particularity of having a button LATERAL (I love), and as we will see a good quality of finish, for a price mid-range.
Let's say it right away ... the most with this KTS Plus as with all mechanical mods: A smooth vape by definition! So ... happiness.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 108
- Product weight in grams: 86
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
This is a stainless steel mod of very good quality and it feels right now when you take it in hand (65 grams without battery!).
No fuss, no blah, nothing but a button "Fire" mounted on spring ... and that's good!
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510, Ego
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 14500,18350,18500,18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes
- Number of batteries supported: 1,2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Top cap is designed to support all types of Ego or 510 atomizers.
Its width of 22 mms makes it easy to match with the best-selling products on the market.
Locking the button through a locking nut is just perfect ... the stroke of the button itself is neither too short nor too long, and easily used even with a little finger.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A box, a manual (in English) with some diagrams showing the screwing and unscrewing parts ... and that's it.
At the same time it is a mechanical mod ... in other words a tube with a switch in which we place a battery ... so it does not require long verbs.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? At the fire button
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The only fault of this mod is that its button can slightly heat up with use.
While this does not prevent the use, but it is enough that to be felt.
After some research and exchanges on the forum atoutvap.fr, Papagallo explained me that this heating was due to the material which was covered the two springs (the one making contact with the battery and the one supporting the stroke of the button fire). It would be enough (I have not tried) to polish these two springs to get rid of this small defect.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all 22 millimeters, but given the mechanical nature of this mod, I recommend the use of dripper.
- Description of the test configuration used: Igo Dripper L
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Dripper Igo L, Kayfun in sub-ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I like mechanical mods!
I like mechanical mods with a side button.
I like the KTS Plus.
Whether in configuration and minimum size with an 18350 battery or in extended mode with an 18650 this mod will always respond.
Notwithstanding the small lack of heating of its button (as we have mentioned in the previous section), its versatility, its quality of manufacture, the position of its button and its locking system make it a must for me have for any vapoteur amateur mecha!
If his top cap supports all types of atos, it is in my opinion with a dripper that this mod will fully express its qualities.
Looking forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.