- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Myvapors Europe
- Price of the tested product: 58.12 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 30 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Joyetech continues to decline its models stars. Today, it is the family of the formidable starter kit Ego One who welcomes a newcomer: The Ego One VT.
Taking in part the proportions of the components of the Ego One Mega Kit, the VT version offers you some new and important features. But we are not going to say everything right away anyway. Let's do some teasing.
All that can be revealed is that it is far from uninteresting.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 142
- Product weight in grams: 135
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Medium, the button makes noise within its enclave
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
As I told you earlier, this new album takes proportions very similar to the Kit Ego one Mega:
Even atomizer, battery a longer hair so we go to 142 mm drip tip included and a heavier hair: 135g.
Diameter 22 mm, this Ego inevitably think of a tubular mechanical mode. Very clean, this tube made of stainless steel is in my case covered with a black paint of good quality. He sees his line is interrupted only to let slightly exceed the fire button. This rectangular button follows the curvature of the tube. As for the other versions, it is a little loose in its enclave but not enough to make it a distraction for infants.
6 small holes aligned in groups of three on either side of the fire button on a lower plane, equipped with small led and marked by small engravings, let you glimpse the novelty that brings this new set up.
A product well made, simple, but that does not fail to touch you by its simplicity, a thousand places box, real cultural follies of the moment, I am myself touched by this virus. Sometimes going back to basics is good.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Luminous indicators of operation
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the atomizer resistance
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This part is a little skewed because it is a Starter Kit in all its simplicity. So we must already consider it as such and disregard any resemblance to a mod. It is an improved 2300 mah battery, with variable power, and temperature control.
Huh? Variable power and temperature control on an Ego?
Well yes, Joyetech has decided to offer the latter born these functions appeared recently on most boxes.
Thus, you have the choice between three modes of operation. A variable power mode with three levels of high, medium, low power (H, M, L). The power will vary from 5 to 30 watts depending on the power level and the resistance value. Of course, no screen to give you information. Here we are in the world of inexperienced beginners, so he needs simple terms, especially since in the spirit of the brand, this vaper does not yet navigate the wonderful world of reconstructibles. They buy resistance to known values. In the booklet that accompanies the beautiful, a table gives you a small summary of the powers obtained according to the value of the resistance.
And of course, the inevitable TC, this function will work with Ni200 AND titanium. Here again, we have the choice between the three letters H, M, L which respectively represent 430, 470, and 600 ° Fahrenheit.
As you will have probably understood, the two rows of 3 aligned holes equipped with LED represents the control board. On one side a W (power mode), Ni (Tc mode Ni200) and Ti (Tc mode on titanium), each with its own white, blue, red indicator color. On the other, the letters H, M, L highlighted by a white light according to the chosen power.
Of course, the product is perfectly safe, it has what it takes to the level of security, which seems to me to be a vital minimum when it is aimed at beginners.
So much for the great novelty of the product and I will tell you later what it gives.
Incidentally, the atomizer is the Ego One Mega. Simple atomizer, with air flow control. With a capacity of 4 ml, its filling is done from below as on a Subtank or Atlantis. Very basic it offers a vape that goes from tight to airy and it has a rendering of honorable flavor. It is perfectly flush, which will not be the case with all atomizers. Indeed, the positive pin is fixed, it's a pity especially that the top cap has wide channels to feed an atomizer air intake by low.
This starter kit is very interesting even for a veteran vaper.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It is a traditional box that follows the usual precepts of the brand's products. It's efficient, a bit bland, but clean and perfectly suited to the class in which this product navigates. The kit includes: the battery, a clearo, three Cl resistors (one adapted to each mode of operation), the USB cord and the wall adapter. The manual is as always multilingual, and of course French is included in the contents.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Like any good starter kit, the Ego One VT is super easy to use. The manual in French allows you to take it in hand in a few minutes even if you start. When the battery is off, pressing the button for a long time will allow you to switch from one mode to another. Once you have chosen the mode, you will press the same button five times, turning on the ultra conventional mode. Then you will quickly press 3 to change the desired power level.
The 4 ml atomizer, coupled to the 2300 MAH battery, offers a reasonable range. A micro USB port allows charging with the supplied wall charger.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? I think the set up is homogenous as it is
- Description of the test configuration used: kit with resistance Ni200
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: set up as is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
A rather positive assessment on this new Kit from Joyetech.
An innovative battery incorporating a variable power mode and two temperature control modes, one for Ni200 and another for titanium.
All this gives us a very evolutionary kit. We can start with an Ego One Vt because its operation is very simple. Just a tip: ask your dealer resistors whose value will be above the ohm. Because if you start with the only resistance kit, you will literally suffocate. This is the only complaint I make about the pack offered by Joyetech.
The product itself is super clean, we can just blame this button fire medium and fixed pin that may not be compatible with all atomizers.
It's really good! At 30 watts I'm having a lot of fun while I've been drinking for over two years. For me, it's well played and well seen. We can imagine starting with this kit that guarantees to track your evolution over a lot of time, it's an interesting perspective. At 50 euros, the investment seems profitable.
For the more mature vapers, I will say: "try, it's frankly not bad what this thing comes out!". It is recreational to resume basic gear and find a part of my daily vape today.
This kit only reinforces my position that this Ego one family is the best in the beginner kit category. If I had started live with this thing, I may not have become a passionate enthusiast but at least I would not have had to change gear every two months to advance in my vape.
Thank you MyVapors
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.