- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: 4.2V
- Minimum value in ohms of resistance for a start: 0.7Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Artery is a rather unknown brand in France, their most famous product is probably a small box named Nugget.X.
La Pal One Pro presents itself as a product that rides on the return of MTL and vape at low power, ideal for nicotine salts and CBD with 1.2 resistance Ω but it also promises some versatility by bringing you to the threshold of DL with its 0.7 resistance Ω.
A tank of 3ml, a battery of 1200mAh, a nice look that will not be without reminding you a little something.
This new kit is found at the price of 54.90 € at our partner which places it rather in the high range of this type of product.
So let's see what gives us Artery for this price because I admit to being inhabited by a certain curiosity.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Product Diameter in mm: 18.5 X 47
- Product Length or Height in mm: 79
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Aluminum 6063, PC, Ultem.
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
If you know the universe of the vape, you will immediately find the stylistic affiliation of the Pal One Pro. Indeed, it is obvious that Artery was inspired by the famous and almost untouchable, for the common man, "Ticket Box".
Entirely made of aluminum, the Pal One Pro is rather compact and light enough. The design is quite simple, simple lines without much frills.
On the front in the left corner, we find the switch, just above the "Top-Cap", there is a short Drip-Tip in ultem.
The back side has nothing special about it. On the bottom of one of the slices, we distinguish the micro USB port and the two small holes of the airflow.
The front and back panels are removable. Under that of the front, there is nothing special. On the other hand, when we remove the one from the back, we access the built-in Tank 3ml and a small screw for adjusting the air intake.
This little box is rather pretty, the drawing is effective (even if a hair pumped), the quality of manufacture is very correct, the fact that we are dealing with aluminum and not Zamac comfort the price a little more higher than the average.
A promising little product, let's see what happens next.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Operating light indicators
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus (1200mAh)
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: Owner
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the atomizer resistance
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This compact box kit is very very simple. In fact, it is a battery that delivers a constant current of 3.7V, equipped with a small housing that contains a tank equipped with a resistance and takes the form of an "all in one" way Box.
Access to the tank by removing one of the hoods, it is equipped with a sliding window to allow filling.On can see the resistance and a small fireplace, the whole is very simply nested and the whole is held in place by the room metal seat where the Drip-Tip is screwed into the frame.
Just below this compartment, a small golden screw that serves to adjust the air intake is the only setting.
The 1200mAh battery is charged by the Micro-USB port, no fast charge but a pass-through system.
The box is well protected no risk in sight, anti short circuit, discharge limit ... in short, the necessary.
An ultra-simple product, quite in phase with what works well in the range of Stater Kits.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
This little Box Aio arrives in a clean packaging of a certain visual neutrality. A sheath that sports the photo of your new toy, surrounded as it should be with the brand and the name of the product.
The code scratches, the normative pictograms, the technical description, the contents of the pack occupy, as always, the other faces of this over-packaging.
Once removed, access to a white box on which is inscribed, in black letter, the name of the Box. Inside, we find the Pal One Pro, a USB cable, two resistors, one of 0.7Ω and one of 1.2 Ω and a tank maintenance kit.
To complete the whole, a notice in several languages. In short, a very correct package without great originality but very complete.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing in the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? Yes
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
I would not speak here of an erratic behavior of the electronics but of the regular leak of the liquid by the airflow and as it is an AIO system, I find that this type of problem can appear in this item.
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
La Pal One Pro is compact, it slips easily into a pocket (still think to have a piece of paper tissue or other to wrap). Getting started is simple, filling, waiting for ten minutes. As far as filling is concerned, the system is quite practical, the small plastic window is slid to access the filling slot. The tank has a good capacity when it does not empty itself.
Once the ten minutes past, just press 5 once the switch to turn on the Box. We support and we vape.
The only thing you can influence is the air intake, you turn a small golden screw to vary the size of the air intake. Finally, there is something else that will change your vape is the choice of your resistance between the 0.7Ω (DL, finally semi DL) and 1.2Ω MTL. Both work well but those who know the DL will probably be on the reserve with the 0.7Ω because we are not quite there.
The sensations are correct but not extraordinary, our kit is placed in the small average but do not expect miracles.
The battery has a correct capacity with its 1200mAh, it recharges in about two hours.
Finally, the ergonomics are rather average, the position of the airflow holes on the bottom of the slice that we tend to clog with the fingers. It would have been wise to place them on the top of the slice, it would have done two birds with one stone improving ergonomics and probably limiting leaks.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Classic fiber
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? As AIO set
- Description of the test configuration used: As it is
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: as it is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.6 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
When discovering this little box, I admit that I was rather enthusiastic. Indeed, the Pal One Pro is quite pretty and original even if it is very clearly inspired by the form factor of the Box Ticket. The quality of manufacture is good and is reinforced by the use of real aluminum rather than the traditional Zamac.
So we are not too surprised by the price that is a little above the products in this sector.
Getting started is simple, which is a good thing for a starter kit.
The sensations of vape are similar to those provided by a Clearomizer "Nautilus", moreover, it is possible to use resistors Apire BVC.
In short, if we stop there, we can say that this product is still not bad but it is the use that its defects are revealed Indeed, I was entitled to frequent leaks. For no apparent reason, the liquid is evacuated by the airholes quite regularly. I tried to fight these by looking for the origin but I did not find anything tangible. I do not know if it's me, in any case I have not managed to use this box satisfactorily.
If we add to this the position of airflow holes harmful to ergonomics then this friendly case turns into a small disappointment.
For me this product is to be avoided, even if its appearance can seduce you, its use is far from the height and at the moment, there are a lot of new starter kit that work much better and are often cheaper.
Too bad for Artery who misses a great opportunity to shine, a version 2 approaches, hope that the latter will not be satisfied with being as pretty as his big sister and it will be more effective.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.