- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 25.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 €)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 10W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in ohms of resistance for a start: 1.0Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Aspire has become a success thanks to the success of its series of atomizers Nautilus, many years after its release, these Atomizers remain safe values especially with first-time buyers and lovers of Vape MTL.
It is therefore natural that the Chinese brand has decided to offer this line a POD Mod system named Nautilus AIO.
This new product consists of a battery of 1000mAh which hosts a POD of 4.5ml using the famous resistors Nautilus BVC.
In the air time this new product is well placed with a base price around 30 €. So let's see how Aspire has adapted its bestseller to the expectations of the moment.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 21
- Product Length or Height in mm: 87.5
- Product weight in grams: 85
- Product Components: Delrin, Zinc Alloy, PC
- Type of Form Factor: Box flat - type Emech
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 4 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Our Nautilus AIO is like a small ABS paver with rounded corners and edges. Light and compact, this new Set-up fits perfectly in the madness "POD Mod" which agitates the middle of the Vape at the moment.
In the center of its facade, there is the Switch which takes the form of a trapezoidal shaped button, dressed with a transparent imprint (on / off) which suggests that it will come to light when it starts.
A golden border running around the body of the "Box", it highlights the junction between the POD, the Switch and the battery.
On the edges, there are two black rectangles circled with an anthracite edge. By pressing on it, we release the POD. We notice that they are both pierced in their center. These two small holes are there to supply the air resistance.
Always on one of the slices, we will find the Micro-USB port that will recharge the battery.
The POD is capped with a black smoked cap that protects the "mouthpiece" of the POD that serves as a mouthpiece.
When removing the POD, we discover the removable base carrying the resistance Nautilus. It is equipped with an airflow ring. Note also a small orange silicone plug that closes the filling hole of the 4.5ml tank.
Aspire offers us a simple and attractive product that perfectly matches the tariff position. Let's look at the technical aspects
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Indicators of operation
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: proprietary POD
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
TheAspire Nautilus AIO is a technically very simple product since it is primarily intended for beginners.
So we have a battery of 1000mAh which delivers a constant current. The product is equipped with short-circuit protection and built-in battery discharge and a ten-second cut-off.
Our POD system has, as I mentioned above, a switch with a light part that will be used, among other things, to indicate the battery charge level by means of a color code.
The Mod POD is accompanied by two resistors to 1.8Ω. One for conventional E-liquids and another optimized for nicotine salt juices.
Last equipment, the airflow ring that allows to vary your air intake with a fairly good accuracy.
We are of course a basic set-up simple but well equipped.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The pack and very nicely presented. A box "Isorel" marked with the brand's golden logo surrounded by a black cardboard sheath that has on the top, a picture of the product, on the bottom, the full description of the pack and on the short side, the scratch code , the batch number ...
Inside are, the Nautilus AIO, two resistors, a USB / Micro-USB cable, a small silicone replacement plug, seals and a manual that is unfortunately not translated into French.
An almost perfect presentation (except for the record) in view of the price.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This little set-up Aspire is therefore primarily for Primo-Vapoteurs, so it must be very simple and practical.
So in terms of ergonomics no problem, the system is lightweight, it is well in hand and can be transported easily, even if it is not the most compact kit on the side of this new family is the "POD Mod ".
At the operating level, no surprise, the Nautilus Aio done in the basic, 5 clicks to turn on or off and once running on Shoote and point bar.
We have an idea of the level of charge thanks to the lighting of the fire button whose color will vary according to the percentage of battery remaining, it is not super precise but it troubleshoots well.
If the installation or extraction of the POD is very simple (just press the two side buttons), the filling is a little more delicate. Indeed, once the small silicone cap removed, the hole is not very big and not very accessible. So it's still workable but it takes a little time to adapt.
The change of resistance is done without any particular difficulty, it unscrews the base on which is screwed said resistance. There are two types, a traditional BVC 1.8Ω and a second 1.80Ω also optimized for nicotine salt liquids.
As long as we are on this basis, we also find the airflow adjustment. To vary the latter, simply rotate the knurled ring to change the size of the air intake. It's pretty accurate and you can go from very tight to semi-overhead.
As for the feelings of Vape, I would say we are on a Nautilus, so it is rather very correct both in terms of the volume of steam that the definition of flavors.
The biggest strength comes from its autonomy. With these 1000mAh battery and its 4.5ml tank, we are well enough armed to hold a small day.
In the end, a set-up really not bad to start well in the vape.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners (1000mAh)
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Classic fiber
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? As is
- Description of the test configuration used: as is
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: as it is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Aspire offers us an updated version of its flagship product, the Nautilus.
Lightweight, easy to use, efficient, this new kid suffers only a few defects.
There is the filling that requires a little practice and light gougles very occasional but overall, it is difficult to blame him anything.
Especially sinceAspire we offer good performance in terms of autonomy, 1000mAh when we go to 12 W is very correct and 4.5ml liquid, which is comfortable given the conso very reasonable resistance.
It's a very good set-up to start.
If you like it, for my part it's a little there that I am more reserved, I have nothing specific to blame the look of this Kit but I'm absolutely not a fan of this type of drawing monobloc round and smooth which lacks, according to my criteria, character.
Nevertheless, it is a Top Mod indisputable, even if it leaves a small impression of déjà-vu, because of the use of the "old" resistors of the series Nautilus.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.