- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: techvapeur
- Price of the tested product: 20 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Variable voltage electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 10 watts
- Maximum voltage: 5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 1.0
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf surfs on the success of the first istick of the name. It offers us now versions 30 and 50 watts and this mini istick which is intended to replace in my opinion ego twist and other entry-level battery for beginner vapers. Bet well engaged since we find the Mini Istick from 20 € in kit with ego adapter and USB cable. No doubt this mini see "nano" box will find its audience with this very competitive price.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 33
- Product Length or Height in mms: 52
- Product weight in grams: 55
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Medium, the button makes noise within its enclave
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
No bad surprises, we are in the presence of a nano mod of entry-level and we get value for money. The buttons work properly but are "clickies" and rattle when you shake the box as for its big sisters. Anodizing is correct but is fragile. Otherwise this box is not mini but nano in my opinion: 55 grams, 52 millimeters ... so to say that she knows how to be forgotten both in the pocket and in the hand.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Battery charge display, Short circuit protection from the atomizer, Display of the current vape voltage, Display of the vape time of each puff
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the atomizer resistance
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the resistance of the atomizer
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This box offers the minimum. Display of the voltage, battery level and time counter of your puff. We could also have the value of the resistance rather than this counter but ... Offering a proper autonomy of 1050mah, this "small" can also work pass-through. The regulation is perfectible and the vape not smooth, it caps at 10 watts, which seems low, but reasonable from a safety point of view. It accepts 1 resistance to 3 ohm. But let's be clear, we are facing entry-level gear oriented beginner so remain indulgent.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is simple but consistent with the commercial positioning of the product. Too bad the very succinct manual (at the same time the box is easy to use) is not translated into French. In short the package that contains the ego adapter and the USB cable, is very correct.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? Yes
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Depending on the value of the resistor and the load level, the requested voltage may not be very accurate.
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Simple, a plus button and a minus button to adjust the voltage. A switch to fire. Nothing complicated. With a compact atomizer, you can easily slip this box into a pocket and this is the highlight of this product. The vapoteurs in search of pure performances will pass their way.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A conventional fiber - resistance greater than or equal to 1.7 Ohms
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? a clearo or a small cartotank
- Description of the test configuration used: cartotank f15 with boge carto
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: cartotank f15 carto boge
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Eleaf, strong of its success with its first Istick, launches in the multiple declination of this product. With the mini, Eleaf clearly aims at the beginner vapoteur, or the women loving pretty little objects and finally all those who do not take the cumbersome set-ups.
It's successful, it's very small and very cute. The performance is related to the size, but quite honorable in view of the object. Small yes, can be a little too much, indeed the ergonomics are not great for large hands, we can sometimes plug the airflow without doing it on purpose. It will find its grip because we are not used to so small. This item has the flavor of the gadget for confirmed vapers.
But for a beginner, mounted with a small carto-tank or a clearo, this little box will easily find its p! Ace in a pocket, a small bag, or a pocket for the evening dressed Madame.
In conclusion a new gateway into the vape at a very reasonable price, simple and in total adequation with the needs of one or especially a beginner.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.