- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech Steam
- Price of the tested product: 62.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 40 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Editor's note: This kit includes a clearomiser that has already been tested elsewhere. To avoid unnecessary redundancy, we invite you to read the test of the Cubis pro HERE. Thank you.
In the very fashionable mini box segment, largely initiated by Council of Vapor, Vaporesso or Artery, we were eagerly awaiting the reaction of the Chinese giant Joyetech. Already, the manufacturer, always listening to the market had not seen at all this trend happen but in addition, his response was delayed, leaving the vacant place for an excellent Elfin 60W.
But, a few pairs of slaps developers later, here is finally the Joyetech vision of a mini box: EVIC Basic. It arrives here in kit, delivered with a clearomsieur Cubis Pro in 2ml for the sum of 62.90 €. This is not an exceptional sum considering the presence of an atomizer but the pioneering competition has done better by offering their kits around fifty euros. Riding on a fame that continues to grow, and for good reason, Joyetech would he revised his rates upward?
40W, we are OK. Home owner Li-Po in 1500mAh, ah, we are above the competition! Temperature control? The Mini Volt does not do it! Stand-by mode to switch to mecha? Not bad ! And if, in the end, everything was played on the rendering. Quick, anatomy of a bestseller announced ...
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 55
- Product weight in grams: 104.6
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, PMMA
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Medium, the button makes noise within its enclave
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
In the EVIC family, I want the Basic. Well, nothing easier, take a VTC Mini, cut him a few centimeters, graft him a LiPo and presto, it goes to the production line! To see the aesthetics of the Basic, we understand that the interest of Joyetech is limited to occupy the land, which is always economically viable. But it did not take home engineers a long period of research & development to lay the box that fits perfectly in the genetics of the range. No meninge has been trod for the needs of this production.
Well, so it's not very sexy: a common parallelepiped, the Joyetech, looking like the Artery Nugget by size and Evic VTC by design.
The relative evolution was to position the buttons [+] and [-] on the same bar below the mod so as to retain a place of choice for a large OLED screen (the same as that of the VTC?). In doing so, Joyetech permanently alienates those who, like me, have big fingers that struggle to press these damned buttons. Well, the big paws remain on compact mod ... the message is understood.
For those who have an apprehension about holding the box standing with the buttons below, I want to reassure them. The buttons are very well placed in depth and never touch the surface on which you put it. It's the bodywork that takes care of that and it does it very well.
The rest is coherent. Very carefully made aluminum, several colors available (black, gray, red, orange, white and blue) and very correct finish are the plumage of the Basic.
The switch is correct and falls naturally under the index or the thumb. For settings, it's less obvious. It is not so much the position of the bar that is a problem besides the size of the buttons themselves. The 510 connection is spring loaded, there are degassing vents located under the battery and the Basic carries a LiPo 1500mAh that augurs a greater autonomy than its direct competitors.
In short, a correct balance with a flat, say, in principle: the aesthetic being borrowed from the EVIC VTC, the screen too, the connection 510 itou, the chipset IMHO (I can be wrong) being a version constrained in power of that of the VTC, what justifies a tariff 20% higher than that of the competition? Except for the position of the adjustment knobs and the presence of a LiPo, what was left for the house engineers to look for?
The impression that Joyetech recycles parts of its previous productions remains whole for me and I regret that the manufacturer we knew more inspired did not take the opportunity to release the mini-box that he was quite capable of producing.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Display of the current voltage of vape, Display of the power of the current vape, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? Alarm type alarm
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features are common at Joyetech. We have a variable power mode, a temperature control mode that natively supports resistive NI200, titanium and SS316 on a scale from 100 to 315 ° C, a TCR mode that allows you to implement the heating coefficients yourself. resistive not included in the system and a By-Pass mode, known now, which allows to directly switch the battery voltage to the atomizer, without regulation but retaining the many protections.
Nothing wrong, everything is there.
The operation is always intuitive and, if you have already handled a Joyetech in vote vaping, you will not be disoriented. Five clicks turn on and off the box. Three clicks, one enters the menu or one circulates by the buttons [+] and [-] and one validates his choices by the switch. Already seen reassuring and effective devil.
In the category of essential gadgets and therefore totally idiots, we have a digital clock, available in three different display modes please, as well as the customization of your screen by the inclusion of a logo made by you- same (monochrome in 64X40px, .bmp format) using the firmware upgrade software available HERE for Windows and HERE for Mac.
By cons, security level, we do not joke with that at the manufacturer. Short circuits, overheating, overloading, discharging too low, rising dollar, everything is provided and provided by two independent circuits dedicated solely to these functions. Hat.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Joyetech remains the reference in terms of packaging.
Thus, we find in the box of white card dear to the brand: the box, a USB / Micro USB cord, a clearomizer Cubis Pro in 2ml, a warranty card, a multilingual notice including French and two resistors for clearo : a BF SS316-0.5ohm DL and a LVC Clapton-1.5ohm MTL with liquid arrival control. What start under the best auspices mini vape but serious.
We open the box and all of a sudden, it's Christmas in September!
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
It's Bysance at this point.
Between a Cubis Pro that never leaks and a Basic that sends all it has in the stomach with a negligible latency, we are on a very good quality rendering and this is where Joyetech account to occupy the market . Made of ground and reliable elements, the kit is simply hell.
The vape is powerful, smooth and constant, to whatever power it is. The temperature control, but who would have doubted, works perfectly. The Joyetech thing is there, all contained in this little box of the average physique, a kind of Bill Gates of the nomadic vape, what. Not very well gaulé but who has in mind!
Where competitors have chosen, at least some of them, to by-pass their box after a period of inactivity in order to keep a little precious energy in the battery, Joyetech does not care. It sends its clock as a screen saver, based on the principle, which is not wrong, whether you stop vape and you turn off the box, or that you fell asleep between two puffs and there, the clock faces you in the face when waking up ...
Autonomy remains limited, despite the 1500mAh available, but I remember that it is a nomadic box or booster and in no case a set-up that will last you a whole day, unless vaper 10W.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The Cubis Pro provided is very good. But a good rebuildable type Mini Goblin ....
- Description of the test configuration used: Vapor Giant Min V3, Narda, Origen V2Mk2 mounted mesh
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A rebuildable mini.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Another good product from Joyetech. Rationally, the Basic is worth the test because the rendering is excellent for all diets.
Despite this, the feeling of unfinished life persists. We would have liked, from the largest manufacturer of the planet Vape, a little more risk-taking, innovations or even an aesthetic reading of the object. Alas, it's more of a clever and well-made assembly of existing pieces than an innovative and smashing product.
No doubt Joyetech us badly used? That may be true. But, in a field where the best remains to come, we like when a manufacturer of this caliber does better or more than follow the march. We like him to precede it, to orchestrate it, to make us dream, to dare, to tempt ...
The Basic is great. But she is only that.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.