- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vapoclope
- Price of the tested product: 64.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: 7
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Kangertech is a major player in the vape market. It was he who revolutionized the field of atos tank with Subtank, which proposed for the first time an atomizer using either proprietary resistors or a base RBA (Re-Buildable Atomizer).
To accompany its atomizers, Kanger has embarked on boxing. Kbox 200 is the most inflated version of the Chinese giant's catalog. A compact and complete box that is placed in the middle of the range, like most Kanger products. Even if this box is attractive, does it have all the assets to dethrone box leading industry that can be found at Joyetech, Eleaf or Wismec ?.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 84
- Product weight in grams: 240
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The K200 (we will abbreviate the name) is one of the most compact dual battery box 22 x 56 x 84mm market. The design is very basic, a rectangular shape with rounded sides. No frills, no decor and almost a little bland, on the black model that I have in my hands only red buttons cheer the whole. The buttons are all very correct, although I find the [+] and [-] a little too small.
The U-shaped hood slides (a little hard) to give access to the double battery cradle. It is pierced with a multitude of vents that form a large K. I find this piece very fine and it will be necessary that the strongest behave delicately not to deform.
The 510 connection is floating which guarantees the flush attitude.
The OLED screen is very readable, and seems well protected behind its skylight.
The micro USB port is located on the side that houses the screen under the controls, this allows to charge the machine standing. On the bottom cap, another series of holes seem to offer some heat dissipation to the electronics.
A basic box, which could be compared to the two current sports wheels that have abandoned the fairings, to keep only the essentials, power, lightness and compactness.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Adjustment of the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The K200, offers the essential functions typical of the moment.
A VW mode that goes from 7 to 200 W and a TC mode that goes from 100 to 315 ° C. Regarding the TC mode, it accepts Ni200, Titanium, SS and Nichrome, the temperature is regulated / calculated 1000 times per second, this guarantees perfect consistency.
It carries all the necessary security, no worries on this point, however, be sure to choose High drain batteries with high discharge capacity min. 30A.
The box automatically locates resistance changes and invites you to make your adjustments.
The screen, clearly legible, indicates the value of the resistance, the level of your batteries, power or temperature, depending on the mode, as well as the output voltage.
Here, no superfluous function of the type of puff counter, no, it has against a setting of the brightness of the screen, which allows us to save a little on the autonomy of the battery.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A black box and red sliding cardboard, this is, in the spirit of the basic product, a container entirely related to the tariff level. Nevertheless Kangertech has already done better, especially on the Subtanks package for example, I know, I drool a little. We will greet all the same, the record translated into French.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
It is an easy product to live as I often say when the note and max.
The box is easy to use, the controls are accessible and well explained in the manual.
Because of its compactness, we can lug around this dual battery, which in passing, is probably one of the smallest on the market.
No problem of behavior, it vapes very well, it is very smooth and very responsive.
A good box everyday, no doubt, the product is effective and accessible.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Not really a rule but I liked to associate it with an RDTA style Aromamizer, or Griffin ...
- Description of the test configuration used: Double Aromamizer Clapton to 0,36Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: it is you who see
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
La.Kbox 200W is not the sexiest or most engaging box on the market. I who loves Kangertech, I admit not to adhere to the design chosen for their different models box. The K200 is no exception, it is very basic in its stylistic approach and so, I tell you, it was from afar, because when the style does not please me it's gone wrong.
But with use, efficiency, compactness and the quality of vape convinced me. I can only salute a good product, especially since its price makes it the most accessible muscle box, I recall 0,3 hundred watt (do the math).
This is neither the sexiest nor the best finished, but it is one of the most affordable boxes in its class, both financially and technically.
Finally, a very good product that will make the happiness of the most economical.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.