- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: myVapors Europe
- Price of the tested product: 52.8 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf passes with this version 60W the box cap with built-in batteries for an interchangeable battery. This is a wise choice because we achieve performance that requires high CDM batteries, not compatible with Li-Po with high autonomy. Some novelties come with this material, like the ergonomics and the possible change of the hulls.
The price charged for the performance announced is quite affordable, in the spirit that drives the brand: reliable products for all.
You will also find it in kit delivered with a Melo atomizer, 2 version with a capacity of 4,5 ml and 3 atomizer resistors: Nickel 0.15 Ohm, Titanium 0.5 Ohm and Kanthal 0.5 ohm (for a price around 80 €).
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 28
- Product Length or Height in mms: 90
- Product weight in grams: 103
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - Round VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Medium, the button makes noise within its enclave
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
It is especially on the quality of finishing of the buttons and their grip that this box sins a little, they float noisily in their lodging and give an unpleasant impression of hardware.
Overall, however, the object is neat, well done and aesthetically well studied. The convex ergonomics of the hulls make the grip comfortable, Its 28mm thick suitable for most people and allow to use atos of a comfortable diameter.
With an 18650 battery, we arrive at a total weight of 150g without the ato, which is not considerable. Its length (90mm) is a little more constraining if we consider that the atomizer will increase it further.
The top cap welcomes any type of atomizer 510 in its center, as we have seen, its thickness and its width (38mm), allow assembly of tanks "mega" flushes.
The screen, arranged laterally, is discreet in its proportions (22 x 7 mm). The fire button near the top cap is metallic (square) as well as 2 other buttons settings / mode (rectangular oblong fine).
The other side features 2 venting vents near the battery's positive pole, a notch for easy removal of the bonnet and a deep engraving that says: TEMP CONTROL, which highlights the innovative feature of recent years in functionality.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 28
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The proprietary Chipset integrates, of course, all security functions, and allows a power range from 1 to 60 W as well as 2 modes of use: VW and TC (the latter only with Nickel or Titanium resistors).
The minimum values supported by the Istick are: resistances from 0.15 ohm in WV mode and 0.05 ohm in TC mode (temperature control). The different modes are set in increments of 0,1W for the VW function or 10 ° F (5 ° C) for the TC mode, using a single elongated button (under the display) whose position is changed. one edge or the other, which increases or decreases the desired values.
The smallest button meanwhile is used to change modes, it is also the menu of adjoining settings.
The 18650 rechargeable battery you need will have to be flat top (no nipple) and support a comfortable CDM not to heat or simply to be suitable for the software checks prior to the use of your box (message low battery), a value of 25A minimum should suffice.
I noted a significant consumption of the whole PCB / screen, what you do in any case, especially if you are venting beyond 30W ULR. Take an extra battery to hold the day.
The possibility of charging by USB / microUSB is located under the box, which in my opinion is a shame because although it incorporates the function pass through (vape possible during charging), you can not stand up during the operation, you will need to remove your possible dripper unless it is empty.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
For this test I had in hand the box + ato kit, I am not able to certify that the box alone is delivered in the same packaging.
We discover on the upper floor, a soft white foam in which are inserted the two objects mentioned above, they are well protected.
Once this foam is removed, appear in bulk at the bottom of the box, 2 user manuals in French, spare gaskets for the Melo 2, 3 resistors (Nickel 0.15 Ohm, Titanium 0.5 Ohm and Kanthal 0.5 ohm), and the USB / microUSB cable to charge the battery (not supplied).
On the back of the box, a label will reveal the number of authenticity of your purchase, which you can validate with the serial number, using the QR code, on the site of Eleaf.
A perfectly fitting package for the price of the proposed set.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In line with the other products of the brand this box is quite functional. The manual in French will tell you what to do and you can lock your settings once your sweet spot found.
In VW mode with stainless steel resistors, Kanthal, the box is a little less energy consuming than in TC mode, the thermal probe and the calculations necessary to maintain the imposed settings are greedy but very effective.
The regulated vape is no surprise: smooth and functionalities are stopped only from the moment your battery "fell" to 3,3 V.
Left-handed people can switch the display direction of the screen, it's nice. Finally, let us add that the hulls are interchangeable which should fill these ladies and their concern for coordinated colors, which we are, we male, fortunately lacking ...
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classic fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting, Rebuildable Genesis type metal mesh mount, Rebuildable Genesis type metal wick mount
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Open bar, except eGo connection, you will need an adapter
- Description of the test configuration used: Melo 2 TI, NI, Kanthal, Origen V3 Inox
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The choice of atos is the one that suits you best.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Eleaf went from 50W to 100 W directly even though the main builders all offer a very successful 60 W model. With this TC 60W, the competition is caught by a box tenor. This is great news for vapors of any edge because, in addition to being functional and effective, this Istick is not expensive.
This is an opportunity for many of us to switch to a high-performance equipment, with temperature control, although still limited to the resistive Ni and Ti, but which tends to become unavoidable in the world of tank clearomizer. This evolution (TC) makes the vape more "safe" than ever before and we must recognize that manufacturers are creating atomizers more and more perfect and adapted to the future of the vape, mods are therefore essential tools for optimal use new products available.
What a long way since barely 3 years! What do these creators reserve for us in the near future?
One thing is certain, all actors of the vape phenomenon interact with each other, your suggestions are scrutinized by the builders, this is how the equipment evolves, so take a few minutes to share your feelings about this box, c is a whole community that will benefit from it so that the vape will continue its tremendous progress.
Thanks for reading me,
see you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.