- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Myvapors
- Price of the tested product: 53.40 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 40 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf offers us a new version of its essential box: the Istick. What was missing from the range? A box integrating the temperature control obviously. This new vape mode is in the making, and Eleaf could not pretend to ignore it. TC 40w therefore completes the range and the latter is likely to become a reference at this price level. With this product, Eleaf will put in "temperature control" all vapers that do not have sufficient means to afford the models of competition whose rates often exceed the 100 €.
So, ready to try the experiment?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 36.2
- Product Length or Height in mms: 77.3
- Product weight in grams: 100
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
At first glance, we know that we have a Istick between hands. Its general lines are totally in the usual spirit of the products in the series.
However, some modified lines and the new round fire button gives a youthful look compared to other models in the series. The rounded palm side remains unchanged, but on the opposite, the shape is more "tense", more angular and brings character to the overall design.
The other physical novelty comes from the round metal fire button. This button literally jumped at my eyes! It significantly improves the look and feel of the box, as a simple detail can make a real difference. In addition, it is perfectly adjusted so no noise in use. The other buttons of the interface are slightly smaller than the other Istick and are also perfectly adjusted.
The coating seems slightly more mature than usual, we note that the colors chosen are more sober and more classy than the other model in the range.
The 510 connection is made of steel for a longer life.
From a total point of view, it seems that the Istick is encourgeoise to celebrate the arrival of temperature control in the family.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Display of the power of the current vape, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors the atomizer, clear diagnostic messages
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
For starters, there are two modes of operation. A conventional power mode, allowing the use of resistors ranging from 0,15 to 3,5 ohms and a power scale up to 40 watts. Then we have the most interesting mode, the temperature control. Thanks to this one, you will be able to choose the temperature of heating of your resistance on a scale which goes from 100 ° to 315 ° Celsius. This mode is compatible with Ni200 only, at the same time it is the most common and titanium is already debating its safety. This mode is accompanied by a lock of the value of the resistance, this lock is to be implemented when you install a new resistance Ni200 and must be done when the resistance is at ambient temperature. In principle, this gives the system some stability.
There is the appearance of screen rotation at 180 °, a second digit after the decimal point in the measured resistance display and a screen saver. Finished the puff time counter, moreover in Power mode the puff is limited as often to ten seconds.
At the security level, everything is there and a simple manipulation makes it possible to lock the box.
So we have a complete product without superfluous functions and the temperature control system works neatly and I know this is the question that many potential buyers are asking. I find the idea of locking resistance interesting when you know the more or less justified variations that can be obtained during heating.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
As usual, the packaging is completely in line with the marketing positioning of the product, I would even say it is a notch above. Nothing extremely original but a serious packaging and quality. In addition, as always, the manual is complete and it is in FRENCH, I find it important especially when exploring a new type of regulation. The kit includes an ego adapter and the USB cable.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Istick, as always (except maybe the 60W), remains a queen of nomadic use. A featherweight, a very congested space, it will follow you everywhere and its 2600 mah give it a good autonomy, especially in TC mode since this mode allows, among other things, to save your battery.
The use is simple. A button that is between + and - switches from Power mode to TC mode. To lock, press + and - simultaneously. For the rest, you will find no harm, I will not copy you the instructions, you know how to read since you got there. 😉
The vape is super nice, especially in TC. It's straightforward but very smooth. In Power, the box also regulates very well, not like the first isitck 20 W.
An easy-going box is ideal for the daily life of the Vapoteur.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All that you want
- Description of the test configuration used: Gs air tank resistance ni200
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Your pref atomizers mounted with ni200
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Istick, I read it elsewhere, is a bit of the "Vamo" box. It's a bit true, all proportions and technologies kept. This box ultra affordable financially speaking does not finish to modernize and adapt to market trends without seeing his flambé rate.
I am not an absolute fan of the product, especially in terms of design. But this version seduced me. The small changes in style, as small as they are, have changed my view.
The TC mode is super efficient, many are the vapers wanting to feel these new sensations, this Istick is a real good opportunity to be seduced without exploding its budget.
I think we will see everywhere including in my own hands as she convinced me! the TC is for me the future of the Vape not to doubt and Eleaf democratize it beautifully with this box.
One word: give it a try!
Thanks to My Vapors Europe for allowing us this exclusive test.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.