- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Happe Smoke
- Price of the tested product: 48.90 Euros with a clearomiser Melo 3
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 40 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
In the category mini-box very fashionable at the moment, Eleaf shone until now by his absence. It was all the more unfortunate that, somewhere, it was this manufacturer who had designed the first small boxes. We remember indeed, not without some nostalgia, the Istick 20W and especially the tiny Istick Mini 10W who had surprised more than one during their releases.
With the advent of a handful of boxs of small size but higher power, Eleaf had missed the first train but is catching up today with this well named Power Nano Istick.
Offered at a price of 48.90 €, accompanied by a clearomiser Melo 3 of the same brand that suits him rather well, it's a safe bet that the beautiful will soon be available by itself at a much lower price, around 35 / 36 €, which will give it an increased competitiveness compared to the competition that does not spare its efforts at the moment. It is available in a nice range of colors, provided you find them of course.
But when we call ourselves Eleaf, we come out with a little new material a week (I'm barely exaggerating) and that in addition we have a flattering reputation of reliability coupled with price floors, a- are we still afraid of facing any competition?
Well, that's what we're going to see today.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 55
- Product weight in grams: 83.5
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, PMMA
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
A mini-box must be pleasant to watch and, if possible, sexy enough. This was the case of the Mini Volt or, more recently, the Rusher. The Power Nano is not unpleasant to watch but it does not reach the aesthetic level of its competitors better balanced but, it is true, more expensive too.
A mini-box must have a good size / autonomy ratio. By choosing a PowerPool Ipower from 1100mAh, the Power Nano makes an intermediate choice, below the 1500mAh of the Evic Basic, the 1300mAh of the Mini Volt or the 1400mAH of the Mini Target. Autonomy therefore suffers fatally but it is also the law of the genre in the category. We do not buy this type of box to be sure to vape two days without recharging. The integration of LiPo battery better autonomy requires a change of format, we were able to power with a Rusher that caps at 2300mAH but is 1cm higher and 2mm wider.
The construction is qualitative. An aluminum alloy body, rounded at both ends, has a very pleasant shape in hand. The paint is not rubberized but it still has a great softness to the touch. Top-cap and bottom-cap are, on the other hand, hard plastic, probably for reasons of weight maintenance. And, indeed, the girl does not weigh much on the scales.
The main façade hosts a small but legible OLED screen. I found, however, that the contrast could have been higher so as to see in the light of day. Above the screen, we have a round plastic switch, a little rattling in its housing, but responsive to support. The control buttons are three in number: the [-], the [+] and a small button located between the two that can change the modes on the fly. This practice, usual at the manufacturer, has proven itself in terms of ergonomics even if the size of the set makes the operation quite dangerous for those with big fingers. Obligation to use the nail of your choice to change mode, it is not the most practical but it is done nevertheless.
The Top-cap welcomes the 510 connection whose positive part is mounted on a hard but efficient spring. No problem screwing, atos the most capricious fit well. By cons, despite the presence of notches on the connector suggesting the possibility of installing an atomizer taking its air by the 510, I doubt the effectiveness of the system, noting that the atos are very flush with the top-cap.
The bottom-cap hosts, for its part, the micro USB charging socket. As we know, this is not the best place for this feature because, if your atomizer has leakage, better remove it to load the Nano horizontally.
The finish is very correct, the assemblies are treated, Eleaf knows his lesson by heart on this chapter and offers a box well in the genetics of his big family. If only for that, we can imagine that the Power Nano will have the same positive impact in terms of reliability in use.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Display of the current voltage of vape, Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Compatibility accus: LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
We are at Eleaf and therefore not far from Joyetech. As much to tell you that the box has been shopping in the stocks to offer us a panel of features that none of its direct competitors is able to offer.
First, the little girl can work in seven different modes. Just that.
First of all, the eternal mode in variable power, from tenth of a watt to tenth of a watt, traversing a scale between 1 and 40W. With this mode, the box cash resistances between 0.1 and 3.5Ω.
We then have three temperature control modes already implemented in the chipset for Ni200, titanium and SS316L. Running through a range between 100 and 315 ° C, the levels are incrementable by 5 ° in Celsius and 10 in Fahrenheit.
Then we have a TCR mode that will allow you to implement your personal resistive (Nichrome, NiFe, Madame's string ...) with three storage possibilities easy to remember.
It remains to tell you about the By-Pass mode which gives you the opportunity to vogue in semi-mechanics, namely that you only take advantage of the residual voltage of your battery, without any regulation but still taking advantage of the protections included in the mod.
And, last on the list, a Smart mode (for smart in French) that allows, in variable power mode only, to automatically adjust and memorize the desired power and resistance of your atomizer. There are some who do not follow in the back of the class, I explain.
Put an ato in 0.5Ω on your mod, adjust the power (using a scale that goes from Lo to Hi) half, steam. Take another atomizer mounted in 1Ω on your mod, set the power to 3 / 4. If you put your first ATO back, the power will automatically settle to half, as you had adjusted. And if you put your second ato, it will calibrate itself to 3 / 4. Practice when juggling with two or three atos in the day and most importantly, fully automatic. Smart mode can memorize 10 power / resistance pairs. It should be noted that the vape rendering is exactly the same as the one obtained in variable power mode.
To change the mode, keep the famous lowercase button pressed and wait for the desired mode. Then, one usually uses buttons [+] and [-] for the settings.
To set the power to a temperature control mode, just press the "mode" button (if, if, the very small one) and the [+] button at the same time and you will see the power scroll. The manipulation is very easy but the small size of the buttons and the little space makes difficult the vision on the screen.
To fill the memories of the TCR mode, it is necessary to put the box on OFF by clicking classically 5 times on the switch. Once done, simultaneously press the switch and the [+] button and you access the TCR menu, easy to fill with the coefficients you have found on the web before the resistive you want to use.
You will excuse me for ignoring the list of protections enjoyed by the Power Nano, it is long as the wedding list of Paris Hilton. Know that you are ready against everything from a short circuit to bird flu.
In the balance sheet, it is easy to see that, compared to the competition, this is where Eleaf put the package. The electronics largely adapt to any type of vape and no deadlock has been made, neither in the depth of adjustment of modes, nor in safety.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Packaging is often a strong point of the manufacturer. We find traditionally a rectangular cardboard box in white tones, over-sized compared to the content (pity for the trees!). It contains the Power Nano, a charging cable and a notice in English.
The manual is very complete but it will require to speak the language of Blair quite fluently. I am quite surprised by this choice which is not in the habits and customs of the manufacturer. As it is quite possible that I am in possession of a batch of demo, I put here the link that will allow you, if you are in the same case, to download the multi-lingual version: HERE
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Less autonomous than most, less powerful than others, less sexy than some ... but what would happen then that the Power Nano can shake this category that begins to fill little by little?
Well, it's simple. Except for the fact that this miniature alone has all the features of others together, it is obvious that jumps to the taste buds by vaping: the quality of the chipset. Almost no latency, a direct and punchy signal, an exemplary smoothing. It is in the rendering that the box of Eleaf marks valuable points. Ready to beating all type of atomizer, she is comfortable in all circumstances, from reasonable clearo to dripping the most insane. With only one limit: its modest power of 40W which, if it will be enough for 80% of the types of vape, will be insufficient to move a double-clapton in 0.25Ω. But who would think of asking for such a box?
On the other hand, do not be deceived, she will know how to stir a sub-ohm assembly and give you your spot of vapor as long as you do not ask the impossible.
For the rest, it is without comment. Regularity, stability of the signal to any power, no "holes", no asthmatic impression, it is happiness.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? An ato in 22mm of diameter but of low height with a resistance between 0.5 and 1.2Ω
- Description of the test configuration used: Origen V2Mk2, Narda, OBS Engine, Mini Goblin V2
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A low capacity RTA type Mini Goblin in 0.5 / 0.8Ω
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Eleaf floods the market with increasingly sharp products while keeping the rhetoric house "cheaper is better". Here, compared to the other contenders to the throne, it is not really cheaper. On the other hand, in spite of some compromises on the autonomy and the plastic of the object, it proposes more for the same price.
Its rendering typed "Joyetech", very constant and direct, seduces inevitably and is still school in this tariff range. The choice remains simple: will I vape "hype" or vape "comfort". If you opt for the second solution, then the Power Nano could be your promise.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.