- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 29.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75W
- Maximum voltage: 9V
- Minimum value in ohms of resistance for a start: 0.1Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The biggest success of the giant Eleaf comes back in a brand new version: The Pico X.
It is always a compact 18650 mono box able to reach the 75W compatible with the atomizers of 22 mm maximum.
What changes at least what we are promised is a Pico lighter, stronger and more ergonomic.
What is already very positive is its price floor under 30 €.
So I want to say, let's discover this rereading of the world bestseller that is the Pico, first name, which we continue to see in many hands despite his seniority in this hyperactive market.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width and thickness of the product in mm: 31 X 50
- Product Length or Height in mm: 73
- Product weight in grams: 95
- Material used in the product: Stainless steel, Delrin, PC
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
This new Pico X keeps some of the lines to keep this silhouette so special to the series. But at the same time, it is very new, the plastic material of which it is made allowed to offer new discrete curves.
Discrete certainly but they are not there by chance. So yes, they give a certain kind to the Pico X since they form X on both sides but in addition, they are stakeholders in the race to ergonomics by offering at first sight a good comfort grips.
The surface is covered with a soft, non-slip touch coating.
The fire button throne at the top of the slice, just below, a small screen and to finish this side, the micro-USB port.
Under the box, you have the right to the traditional +/- control bar. In passing, I take the opportunity to point out the good quality of all the buttons, they are well adjusted and very responsive.
On the top-cap, the unstoppable little steel cap of the battery door, a visual element so characteristic of this line.
Next to it, the stage equipped with a pin 510 on spring which will be able to accomodate an atomizer of 22 mm of diameter.
On the physical side, our new Pico is successful. It is renewed while retaining the DNA of its illustrious big sister and it retains its great value for money.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short-circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, Current vape power display, Vape time display of each puff, Variable overheat protection of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? Release of 1 A
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
La nouvelle Pico does just like his big sister, variable power, bypass, temperature control.
The variable power mode works on the same resistance range as the 0.1 Bypass 3Ω but the latter hides a new feature, a recognition of the resistance when changing the atomizer. This function allows you to switch from an atomizer mounted in 0.3 and turn on 45W, another MTL oriented and 1.2Ω mounted not to burn your cotton on the first shoot if you forget to lower the power.
TC mode will take the resistors over a range of 0.05 to 1Ω, it is as always compatible with titanium son Ni200 and SS316.
We are also entitled to the usual three memories.
A good Pico self-respecting also has its 'chronoTaff', this useless thing that scrolls on the screen a chronometer that measures the time of the puff that it is almost impossible to read when one vape.
The Pico can be used as backup battery charger through the micro-USB port. The latter will also serve for the update.
In short, Pico X offers the same things as his eldest but with this little extra that is rather very interesting.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Eleaf remains on these achievements, La Pico X we arrive in the white box characteristic of the brand's products. A fine cardboard case dresses the rigid cardboard box. The case sports on the face of the top a photo of the Box, his name and of course, the brand. On the short sides, there is the scratch code, the various social networks where the brand is present. On the back, as always, the normative content and pictograms.
In the box, we have of course the Box, the multilingual manual and the USB cord.
A classic presentation, simple but in line with the tariff position.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing in the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
La nouvelle Pico X is compact, it is very light which makes it a box tailored to the ride. Its new forms give it a great comfort, the grip is really very nice.
The controls are easy to assimilate, those who are used to the Box Eleaf will immediately find their marks. We have the right to 5 clicks for the start. Once en route, 3 will be pressed on the switch to enter the menu of your choice of operating mode, then simply use the bar +/- to switch from one mode to another. You access the setting menu of the Box by pressing 4 times on the switch. This menu is in the form of small icons that will, I think, not hard to distinguish if you do not have excellent eyes.
Once the mode is selected, the power or temperature is changed using the +/- button.
The Box offers a good quality of vape, we are not at the level of the tenors but for the price, we are very good. The 75W are as always a bit of a hit, yes she can do it in certain conditions but frankly with a simple 18650, it's not really ideal, as a personal I would not choose it if I vaped beyond the 40W , the battery goes down too fast.
The battery is easy enough to change will you say, yes, but hey, I do not like to go for a battery full of pockets.
Finally, to close this part, the USB port allows to update the box, it's very simple, there is just to follow the operating mode available on the site Eleaf. This port can also be used to charge the battery, but this is only troubleshooting, it is better to use an external charger.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? an RTA or clearo in 22 mm
- Description of the test configuration used: Associated with Kayfun lite mounted with 1.2 Ω resistor and with Tsunami mounted in single coil at 0.5 Ω.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A good RTA or Clearo in 22 or less, which runs well on a power between 10 and 40 watts
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
If you're tired of the omnipresence of the Pico In the vape market for some time, you say that, unfortunately, with this new model, we may continue to hear about it.
La Pico X is a real improvement of the Pico 1.
It takes the visual spirit of its elder with the metal cap of the housing of the battery, but its lines are modernizing bringing moreover a very good ergonomics to this newcomer.
Still compact, it has gained in weight thanks to the massive use of plastic material.
At the electronic level, we are on a complete product like her big sister but she has this little extra thanks to this new security that avoids accidental cremation resistance when we change the value of resistors.
The autonomy is correct but if you push to its max, it will juggle several batteries to hold a day.
Always as easy to use, it offers quite honorable performance given the price, basically it has only one real flaw and it is the same as its illustrious elder, it is limited to the 22 mm of diameter with respect to the atomizer.
No doubt, this new Pico stands up to his lineage and gets a Top Mod, it should meet a good reception and convert a lot of users looking for a complete product, powerful enough and financially affordable.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.