- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Tech Vapeur
- Price of the tested product: 54.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 10
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
With the success of Istick 10w, 20w, and 30w, Eleaf had to make a more muscular version.
- 50w maximum output (or 10v in variable voltage)
- Supports Ultra-Low Resistors (0.20Ω)
- Amp limit of 40A
- 4400mah of capacity for a great autonomy
On paper, she has everything for her ... but what is it really?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 46
- Product Length or Height in mms: 83
- Product weight in grams: 147
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Very good grip, Eleaf learned from his mistakes and offers a faultless.
No more maracas noise, the switch and buttons to vary the power are well integrated and do not move in their home.
If the power settings buttons are on the wide part of the box, the Fire button, it is found on the edge of the box and facilitates handling.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Display of the vape time of each puff, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Box very easy to use, the menu is simple:
- 5 clicks = sleep / wake up
- 3 clicks = switching from variable power mode to variable voltage watts in volts.
- Blocking the power setting
- Right handed / left handed
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Complete packaging, we are entitled to a manual in the language of Shakespeare, an 220v / USB wall adapter and a USB / micro USB cable for charging.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Box of the ultimate fighter, with 4400mah reserve, you have plenty of what to do. Of course, the mod pushed to its limits, your energy autonomy will melt like snow in the sun but with a vape "cool", you will recharge your box every two or three days.
As for the vape itself, we are entitled (finally) to a smooth and well regulated vape. The ampere output limit set here to 40A will not limit you in your lowest mount.
We are therefore in the presence of a very good little box able to accommodate the greatest number.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? the panel is wide, the box accpesses resistance from 0.2ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: 1.2ohm, kraken to 0.6 ohm, and mephisto to 0.3ohm.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There is no ideal configuration with this box, its power allows you to mount everything.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Quite dubitative to the idea of testing this umpteenth Istick and quite disappointed with the first versions, I admit to have had strong a priori on the new version.
But that nay, sir, this Istick 50w is a real small bombinette.
She has everything you need to be your "last" box.
50w power, support resistors from 0.2Ω, 4400mah energy reserve. What more ? To make coffee?
No, kidding aside, at Eleaf they knew how to hear the customer and went in the right direction for the most powerful version. And I admit to being very surprised by this Istick 50w.
Thanks to Tech-Steam for the loan of this test Istick.
Looking forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.