- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: techvapeur
- Price of the tested product: 62.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 10
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf expands the Istick family with this 50 watts version.
More impressive, equipped with a battery of 4400 mah, this box is perfectly adapted to a use in subohm.
The price is very reasonable: 62,90 € battery and charging system included, Eleaf persists and signs in his choice to offer simple, effective, accessible but disposable products.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 45
- Product Length or Height in mms: 83
- Product weight in grams: 147
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
This Istick 50 watts is more impressive, it's obvious. But this is very reasonable considering the autonomy of the battery (4400mah).
All round, the ovoid shape is very ergonomic, the finish is very similar to that of his little sisters.
This Istick is therefore very well placed in terms of value for money, it is also one of the best on the market of boxs of average power.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Showing the vape time of each puff
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Istick users, you will immediately find your brands, nothing changes.
The functions are the same, the use is totally similar.
The only differences are a battery overheating protection function and a new 510 spring pin of very good quality.
No revolution, but a box always as simple and effective.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is impeccable, nothing original but a serious packaging and nice.
A rigid cardboard box, in which you will find in a foam your new box and, hidden below, the USB cord, the wall adapter, and an ego adapter.
The ego adapter, I do not really see what you will do on this type of box but it is there and can be used on other devices.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Practical and ergonomic.
The fire button follows the flare of the slice and is naturally under the finger.
The position of the screen on the facade makes it readable without the need to change hands.
The vape is very well regulated, the start is immediate.
Finally, the capacity of the battery will easily allow you to vape more than a day without the need to recharge, even with low resistance.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? dreeper, genesis, subtank .... Finally I do not see any limit
- Description of the test configuration used: subtank, 0,5 ohm, khantal fiber freak
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the ato you like the most
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Istick 50 Watts keeps all its promises.
Large load capacity, resistances accepted from 0,2 to 5ohms and power of 50 watts. Add to that a competitive price and ... that's it! (smile)
I can stop there. But we must also point out the improvement of the button compared to the 20 watts.
You will no longer be able to use your Istick as a musical instrument ... in the end, the noises of maracas!
Note also the very good quality of 510 pine and the addition of a protection against overheating of the battery very useful when you feel subohm.
Handling is excellent, the use very simple, the vape frank and well regulated.
In short not much to say negative.
Personally I am not a fan of the design of the Istick family. It's a bit too round and it lacks a bit of character, but on the contrary nothing shocks, it's very consensual.
The top cap will take the marks of ato in the long run, and the anodizing will not remain intact. But everything stays in the top of the category.
I think once again Eleaf will meet with success, especially that owners of previous versions eager to get into the subohm, will naturally go to this product.
See you soon for who knows, the istick 100 watts can be ... if this is the case, the Vapelier team will be there!
Have a good time, and look forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.