- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Myvapors
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 100 watts
- Maximum voltage: 10
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf is definitely very active, 3 just weeks after the release of the very successful 40w Tc, the range welcomes a newcomer. This time we tackle the high power with a version 100w. A new design in the spirit of the series, but especially the first model with interchangeable batteries. Indeed the big novelty on this model lies in the abandonment of battery owner in favor of 18650 batteries. The istick family is growing and now offers a box adapted to each profile of vaper and at unbeatable prices!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 54
- Product Length or Height in mms: 100.3
- Product weight in grams: 180
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
This Istick leaves no doubt when to its parentage, it is totally in adequacy with the other members of the family.
The design differs of course since it holds the largest and largest model of the range, while remaining on soft shapes, rounded without sharp edges. It's a little bland but very ergonomic and pleasant in hand.
The coating is identical to that of his little sisters. The magnetic cover is perfectly adjusted and the four magnets ensure a perfect fit.
The fire button and the +/- buttons (which have become round in the process) are responsive and well adjusted, so this box will not be used as a substitute musical instrument.
The OLED screen is the same as usual in the information displayed, only the shape changes, forget the black banner in the middle of which we usually find the screen, on this model the screen is ovoid-shaped as on a Hana for example, and is in the center of the box's edge, it is surrounded by the fire and +/- buttons.
To finish the spring pin does its job and the 510 steel screw pitch looks solid. The latter slightly protrudes to ensure a supply of air from below and it will also avoid marking the top cap chrome with your ato.
A Istick in the continuity of the range in terms of quality.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 26
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Not much to say. We find all the existing functions and protections usually on the products of this range. The only novelty is the use of 2 18650 batteries to power the beast. Note that the Istick retains settings even without the batteries, I also found that the latter turns on and works even with a single battery.
The chipset regulates perfectly and the Vape is both powerful and smooth.
No real surprise if you are a user of the Istick daily you will find all that made the success of these models.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Not much to blame Eleaf on this point. The packaging is fully consistent with the level of range in which this box contributes. Only downside, there is an ego adapter (which I do not see too much interest given the type of audience and the type of vape targeted by this box) but no wall adapter to accompany the USB cable, I really would have preferred reverse.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Like all Istick the 100 W is easy to use and easy to handle. Its size makes it transportable but difficult in a pocket, even if it is not of an unreasonable format compared to its competitors, I would even say what is in the normal for this segment of the range. If the girl is great weight seems to me in the low range of this type of box.
The ergonomics are impeccable, and the use super simple.
In short a Istick, simple, effective like his little sisters.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dreeper, or cool double tank atomizer, but everything is perfectly adaptable
- Description of the test configuration used: Zephyrus double cool 0,40
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Everyone will make his choice
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Eleaf never ceases to surprise us. One would have thought at the beginning that this brand would be content to make mini box sexys and accessible which made the happiness of the ladies. But no, with the success of successive models of the brand, Eleaf has worked to provide a model suitable for all categories of vapers.
This 100 W target fans of power vaping. I want to say as usual Eleaf brilliantly takes up the challenge. So I grant you there is more beautiful and more powerful on the market. But all the same, 100 watt is already a lot, and my faith is more beautiful but also uglier much uglier. In addition Eleaf makes the choice to equip this box of batteries in 18650 knowing that many are the ones who blame the brand for the accusers owners, which demonstrates responsiveness and listening to the vapers.
This box has many assets to please, but the one that will fly again is the price: less than 60 euros, for a box of this power I do not see any competitor on the price quality ratio, it is almost a record.
Thanks to Myvapors Europe
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.