- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 99.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 120 watts
- Maximum voltage: 7
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Chinese manufacturer Pioneer for You has already made some grinds of its box IPV, for the vape say, classic. With the 4S-2, we move to the upper template. The first version offered 100 W since June 2015, it was switched to 120 W with the 4 temperature control months later thanks to the upgrade of the Yihi SX330-V4S chipset to the SN version, more in phase with the news of the evolution of the box electros. The fans of power vaping with good grip (the model in question is not a mini) will be able to indulge in their passions fogged without restraint and safely.
Its price remains correct, given the performance announced, the good overall quality of the object, and the reputation of serious that has acquired the brand over time. Let's take a look at this latest version of IPV 4S.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 57.5
- Product Length or Height in mms: 108
- Product weight in grams: 178
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Brass, PMMA
- Form Factor type: Classic box - VaporShark type double battery
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
This box has a thickness at the connector of 23 mm, while its maximum thickness is 26 mm, at the non-slip coating of the hood housing the battery housing. The latter is rigid PMMA and is not in my opinion the best option for solidity. 4 balls positioned on the box, ensure the maintenance of the hood once closed (in the right direction).
The top cap is oddly grooved, because to look at it, they can not ensure the air supply of an ato of 22mm from below, and the possible leakage of juice will also have trouble to find their way in their direction. Fortunately, the positive brass pin is adjustable (no screws) and the connector is stainless steel, it compensates a little strangeness mentioned above.
The battery compartment is equipped with a ribbon for extraction and brass contacts mounted on spring, it allows (with difficulty) the use of button top battery (positive pole protruding).
Below you will find the micro-USB charging connector and two rows of five vents for possible degassing of the batteries.
The functional part consisting of a rather small Oled screen, 0,96 '' (the proportions of the box would have supported a wider screen), and three buttons: a switch diameter 10mm and 2 settings (+ and -) diameter 5mm metal (aluminum) barely protruding in the width of the box, it is significant because less subject to maladjustment or fire involuntary.
With no less than 275 g once equipped with its 2 batteries, IPV 4S-2, without being the heaviest box of this type, weighs its weight anyway and will not suit everyone. His measurements are also quite impressive, comparable to those of his colleague LPI 3 LI. I doubt that women are seduced by these characteristics. For us men, the object is ergonomic and well studied and our paws will have no trouble to apprehend, the specific function of such a powerful material is to indulge in the joys of cloud chasing, we will consider its dimensions as a secondary aspect without any real importance.
- Type of chipset used: SX (Yihi)
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of current vape voltage, Display of the power of the vape in progress, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functional characteristics are similar to those of the IPV series, equipped with the SX chipset, with a new option: the power conversion in joules for the TC function (temperature control) which officiates in the presence of nickel resistors or Titanium.
Here are the specificities of IPV 4S-2:
- chipset: YiHi SX330-V4SN (YIHICIGAR) Site page for firmware upgrade: here
- Output powers: 10W - 120W in increments of 0,1W
- Output voltages: 1V mini - 7V maxi
- Resistances tolerated: 0,1 to 3,0 ohms in VW mode
- Resistances tolerated: 0,05 to 3,0 ohms in TC mode
- Variable Temperature: 5 to 50 Joules (Nickel Ni 200 Resistor) or 5 to 100 Joules (Titanium Resistors), 100 ° C (212 ° F) to 300 ° C (572 ° F)
- 2 series battery packs (not supplied) with high peak and continuous discharge capacity (25A mini, IMR "High Drain", flat top highly recommended)
Security and features:
- Protections against over-discharges, short circuit and excessive temperature of the on-board electronics. Reverse polarity is also taken into account and protected.
The IPV4-S can be recharged via the micro-USB cord (supplied) and an AC adapter (not supplied) but it is better to opt for a good dedicated charger and to reserve the pair of batteries used for the box only , buy them for it and recharge them together.
To put the IPV4-S into operation, access the power or temperature control mode and the different settings, just press 5 once. The navigation in the different menus is very intuitive and quite simple (always with the switch). You have 5 memorizable settings: M1 to M5. The adjustments and settings of any function are made with the + and - buttons.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Your material arrives in a cardboard box (141 x 90 x 52 mm); the box appears on the surface in a semi-rigid foam, well protected from shocks. Once removed, on the floor below is a cardboard separation which, once released, allows access to a notice (in English), a USB / micro USB cable for reloading on a PC, as well as a quality control label and to finish, a warning card on the quality of the batteries you will need to use.
A clean package, adapted to the material, quite correct in this price range.
Appreciations in use
- Convenience of transport with the test atomizer: Nothing makes it, requires a shoulder bag
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, this box is very reactive, and not only concerning the response of the settings buttons. I want to talk about what she is supposed to send to your ato. Whatever the power required, the IPV4 responds to a quarter turn, we understand immediately the interest it will arouse in lovers of vape ULR (ultra low resistance). For powers below 50W, in addition to these efficiency features, the presence of a pair of rechargeable batteries will help to prolong the pleasure of a stable vape without any spikes or failures. The regulation provided by this chipset is precise, linear and is itself energy efficient.
I did not find any command to lock the settings, at this stage of the test I do not know if there is one. Anyway, here is a box that provides exactly the vape it is asked safely. Its handling is nice, but it is desirable not to keep in pockets during breaks. A bag will allow you to store a 2th pair of rechargeable batteries, one or 2 juice vials and the essential equipment to rebuild a coil, you will be ready to vape and you will preserve this fragile object, if you compare it to a good old stainless steel mechanism.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of ato in 22 or 23 mm.
- Description of the test configuration used: Fishbone Dripper - clearo eGo One.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Your favorite atomizer, from 0,1 and up to 2,5 ohms.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Pioneer 4 You is in a good position in the race to the controlled power, this IPV4S-2 is at the level of its competitors. It is, moreover, financially affordable which improves its attractiveness.
Intended for an informed public, it will probably be adopted by a large panel of vapers as its regulation is constant regardless of the power required. If, in addition, it turns out that it is as reliable in time, we can think that its future is assured. The designers of the chipset that the team will probably offer a temperature control all materials as already done Joyetech, monitor the site of the manufacturer. If such an upgrade is proposed, you will have in your hands a little gem to vaper safely with the range of atomizers and resistors available on the market.
In the meantime, you have a lot of fun with this latest version of the 4 LPI series.
See you soon
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.