- [/ if] Price of the tested product: 89.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
A box that displays a maximum power of 50 watts and can be found today at less than 80 €.
It is just at the low end of the high end. It targets beginners in the world of electronic mod.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 45
- Product Length or Height in mms: 100
- Product weight in grams: 120
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Bad, will fade with time
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: On the top cap
- Fire button type: Touch
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 4
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Spring Mechanics
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Average
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The V2 ipv is not an example of perceived quality. Indeed the aluminum used to make this box is of very poor quality. We are faced with Chinese aluminum style that is used in the manufacture of chasis "cheerleaders" (small cars). The case takes very quickly the stripes, you will necessarily use "skins" of protection if you want to preserve the coating. The classic switches are reliable but a little too "brilliant" ... for my taste.
The most of this box is the presence of a touch switch that works perfectly. The screen is small but offers a clear display.
In short we are facing an entry-level product.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Showing the power of the current vape
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Average, there is a noticeable difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the resistance of the atomizer
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 2.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This box has an effective chipset, but with low resistances, will have a hard time decreasing the output voltage of the battery, especially when it is at 100% of its charge.
The mod is equipped with safety devices such as reverse pole protection, short circuit protection ... etc.
Attention, I think that the port 510 will be inappropriate with the use of ato having an air supply by the pitch of screw 510. Indeed the slots on the 510 port do not find an extension on the box of the box. The touch switch which I think is the major advantage of this box, works very well.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
This box arrives in a plastic box of the "Apple" style. The packaging and simple but effective. Nothing fancy but it is very correct.
The manual is unfortunately only in English, but at least it is present.
We regret a bit to see the USB cable in a cardboard box apart, all being filmed together.
In short we saw better, but also worse.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This box has a very good ergonomics. We find the buttons instinctively and its operation is very simple.
Medium size, it is easy to transport. it is easy to change batteries in the yard of the day but you will need a mini screwdriver and a workspace to not lose the small screws.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all except models with air supply at the 510 connection
- Description of the test configuration used: several configurations all worked well
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: as you can see, we are facing a polivalent model
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 2.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The ipv v2 was when released a beautiful little machine. But it is clear that quality is not its strong point. The photos are flattering but the reality is different ...
The performances are at the rendezvous but at the time of the box over-vitaminized his "50 watts" pale figure.
I repeat myself but for me its biggest asset is this touch switch. Original, and well placed its use I am sure you will delight.
I do not hide from you that I am not seduced by the object. Low quality aluminum will not flatter your ego.
Since ipv2 s and ipv3 are more attractive ... this box has had its day, even on some promo site I can not advise you NOT to succumb to temptation, you would be sure disappointed if you tie from importance to quality.
In conclusion as my teachers often told me I will say "well, but can do better".
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.