- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: the little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 70 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
A few weeks after the first version of the Ipv mini announced the entry of poineer4you on the market ultra carrier mini box. Ipv mini 1 did not convince me, the ratio size, weight, power seemed unconvincing compared to the competition. But with this second version gives the change, we keep the same measurements with 40watts more compared to the V1.
So is this Pioneer4You going in the game?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 40
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95.2
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Ipv mini 2 is aesthetically identical to the V1.
Same size, same weight, same qualities even ... defects.
Let's start with the positive aspects. The buttons are this time all Nickels.
It is well adjusted and responsive at will. The 510 spring connection is very good and ensures the flushitude attitude. The ergonomics are correct.
But here is the material used for the body of mod is low quality and the coating still fragile and unpleasant to take in hand.
Why this discomfort? Because too smooth and no grip area ... a real soap!
So neither good (alas) nor (too) bad surprise compared to the V1 one remains constant.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of current vape power, alphanumeric code diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Nothing to say like the previous version The Ipv mini V2 offers everything you need. The necessary protections are there. The vape is perfectly smooth, the shipset of yihîcigar SX 330 V2c does not fail the growing reputation of this Chinese manufacturer, besides a little mouse told me that Evolv was going to entrust the manufacture of its famous Dna to the latter but hush I did not tell you anything ...
Note that the box takes the resistors from 0,2 ohm. The power preset memory system has been kept, it's still a bit difficult to tame, but once you've mastered it it will be very handy. It is possible to recharge the battery via the micro USB port and the pass through function allows you to use the box while it is being recharged.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is a traditional brown cardboard box, with the design of the box in black filigree. A manual in English and USB cable, here is a correct set but without great originality.
In the right average, Pioneer4You could certainly have done better, but it is still honorable for the level of range in which the box evolves.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use one makes full carton. Its reasonable size, the efficiency of the yihi shipset, is a good box for the everyday.
A smooth vape, great versatility these are the main characters that we ask the box that we choose as companion of his days and IPV mini V2 combines these two qualities.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? atomizer oriented subohm, but it can also rotate a kaifun properly.
- Description of the test configuration used: orchid v3 double coil at 0,40ohm, and subtank at 0,6
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: orchid v3 but it's personal
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Well, I'm taking a first step towards my reconciliation with pioneer4you.
I still have trouble with the quality of the materials, and the coating, it's a shame when you come out of the box competitively on the technical side, with a vape smooth quality and features such as memory 5 dedicated to your pre-adjustments of power of predilections (Yes I am disappointed by the qualitative aspect of the product, the painting is super fragile and the alloy used for the body of the box leaves me a little skeptic as for its quality).
Despite all this, its weight, bulk, power is simply excellent!
With this V2 the "typing" is more present than with the clutter 30 watts that had left me more than skeptical in front of its competitors really more compact.
So that's why I'm taking this first step towards a reconciliation with this brand that had not managed to seduce me so far.
Rest to do the second, it could well happen with the coming soon Ipv 4 ... stay tuned! 😉
Thanks to Tanguy the little vaper for this loan.
See you soon good vape
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.