- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: the little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 70 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Here is the spring and its flowering ... of box! Riding on the good returns of 1 version 30W, Pioneer4You presents the 2 version of the small box home comes to us with a comfortable power of 70W, positioning itself ideally between the entry-level boxes and the ultra-powerful boxes including the future IPV4 from the same manufacturer. With the chipset SX330V2C from Yihi (almost a guarantee now to get a good rendering) it is aesthetically the copy of its predecessor, Pioneer4You have chosen to make economies of scale using the same box and changing only the version chipset. Well done, especially since this version 2 sends up to 70W for a price just over a dozen euros! The consumer finds himself thus winning!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 40
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95.4
- Product weight in grams: 198.8
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Bad, will fade with time
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 4 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Of medium size but of a not insignificant weight, the box benefits from an excellent handling thanks to its mixture tube / box which allows a width of 40mm. No sharp edges here, the manufacturer paying attention to the ergonomic aspect of his box. The switch participates in general comfort by being responsive and pleasant to the finger. In fact, the IPV Mini V2 is more to his advantage when we hold it than when we look at it.
Indeed, the finish is at tolerable limit. Painting on catastrophic aluminum (the new box that I have in hand already has a noticeable hitch on the side while I am the first to open the packaging) which augurs premature aging and a bottom-cap (more exactly cap of hatch for the battery) laughable, difficult to engage, light as a sigh that will deform invariably the first fall. And even if the buttons do not present any problem of operation, one could have preferred a more noble material and a more precise fitting.
In short, the qualities of this box, real and concrete are elsewhere ...
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Showing the power of the current vape
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This is where all the power of the box and all the quality of the Yihi chipset take precedence over a rough body. Indeed, the IPV Mini V2 behaves very well in just about every area of the game. With a tank atomizer with a cushy resistance to 1.4Ω and 17W, the vape is excellent, well smoothed and comfortable. with a wild dripper to 0.2Ω at 70W, she sends everything she has (within the limit of 13A output, of course) to compete with the clouds of April. And, if you will allow me to make a personal judgment, this is where I appreciate the quality of a mod: when it behaves beautifully in all power segments. And it's rare enough to be reported. This chipset is a pearl of stability and precision and is not afraid to climb into the towers and bend to your craziest eccentricities. In this respect, it's almost perfect!
The IPV Mini V2 also offers storage of your settings in five locations (M1 ... M5) quickly and easily. It is enough that the mod is in stand-by (that the screen is turned off in fact) and the button + enter the memory menu that allows you to choose between M1, M2 ... and the power that is assigned to each space. In addition, it is possible to modify these presets using the button –. It's intuitive and easy and above all very useful if you change the atomizer often enough during the day.
At rendering, the vape is powerful, precise and very pleasant. It allows to clear the flavors and also knows "to send" when it is necessary. A faultless for electronics!
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Compared to the content rate of the IPV Mini V2, the packaging is clean if not exciting. In addition to the mod, a hardboard box contains the rather detailed instructions for English speakers and a micro-usb / usb cable for recharging. It is little but enough, we could know worse for much more expensive! And better for a lot cheaper too ...... 😉 l!
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? weakly
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, the IPV Mini V2 is of great comfort of use and especially a beautiful versatility. Easy to use, easy to transport, safe and reliable in its rendering, there are not many defects to be met. The mod warmed slightly when I titillated 70W on 0.2Ω but nothing very alarming, the intensity exceeds at this time what the box can normally send ...
If you want to get the maximum power of this mod while staying within the limits of the electronics, you can use a resistance included in 0.41 and 1.1Ω approximately. Otherwise, you can still go very far in 0.2Ω (40W in fact to stay within the limits of intensity) without risk. Be sure to use a battery that can follow and even exceed the intensity of the box (20 / 25A seems a good compromise safe).
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classic fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type Rebuildable metal mesh, Rebuildable type Genesis metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All, without exception, within the limit of 23mm for an aesthetic set.
- Description of the test configuration used: IPV + Taifun, + Mutation X V3, + Expro 1.2
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The one that suits you best!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
If one passes the wanderings of the mark on the finish which is at the extreme limit of the acceptable, IPV Mini V2 is an excellent product, reliable and comfortable. The chipset used is excellent and delivers a vape smooth, accurate and communicates an accurate rendering of flavors. Even at very high power, the flavors are never crushed, sign that the manufacturer has cared for the versatility of his box to accompany you in all your cloudy delusions.
Despite its ungenerous aesthetics and finish worthy of a car of the 80 years, I can only advise you to look twice because, beyond the great qualities of its engine, its price does not no offense to the consumer and this is rare enough to be raised.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.