- Sponsor who loaned the product for the review: Vapexperience http://www.vapexperience.com/
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 30 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
It is a latest-generation Electro Box capable of sending up to 30 W for maximum amperage of 13 A
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 4
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95.2
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Very good box with the name misleading ... because if it falls well in the hand its qualifier of mini is bad choice with regard to its direct competitors (cloupor mini and istick 30w) which do much better in term of congestion. I also find that the coating is also "too" light ... not protective enough, or not good enough, the box is scratched very quickly.
The interface screen is mirror effect ... Ok this is the most beautiful effect, but you will not be able to read anything in full sun ... you are warned.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of current vape power, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? Function possible via Micro-USB
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Many functions are available on paper ... but some of them seem obsolete to me as for example DC-DC and PWN functions that for me are very similar to the mean mode and rms of the vamo. These two functions have been simplified by most manufacturers in favor of the DC-DC (RMS) mode, the only one able to give a smooth and regular vape.
For the record mode PWN is a mode called "pulsed" which will tend to create many dry hit especially on high power.
Finally if the box also offers a power bank function via its usb port remember that the energy reserve is directly dependent on the level of charge of your battery 🙂!
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Your box will be delivered in a cardboard box accompanied by a very succin manual as well as its usb cable for reloading ... no more. But do we need more?
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Product very easy to use, we put a battery, we adjust the power and shoot ... just happiness!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? the panel is wide, the box accpète of resistance of 0.5 has 3hom.
- Description of the test configuration used: subtank with 0.5ohm head and kayfun lite at 1.2ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Kayfun lite v2 atomizer, cotton micro coil 1.2ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
What to think of a box called "mini" who is not really, who chose to bring out old useless and forgotten function?
Well good, because it works well and does what we ask (except coffee).
A bad point though for its very (too) fragile coating, the series ipv we used to better to more quality ...
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.